It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock market crash Jan 13-17

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This isn't going to happen overnight - and if it does start to happen taking money out of the bank won't really help much because it won't be worth anything anyway. It would also probably contribute to the pace at which things go south. If such a financial doomsday scenario were to happen you would be better off stocking up on food and other goods before they go through the roof. No matter what - it would be a shared experience - everyone would be in it together so don't stress.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Lil Drummerboy
not gonna happen
bets anyone?

Not yet anyway, I agree as well. Come to think about it, Yellowstone could blow it's lid long before these greedy internationalists lose even one single dollar from their very well executed, orchestrated and preconceived, well oiled sheoplized machine.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MOSTwanted

Other than those radio and internet ads from scammy "gold investment" companies, I don't know where people get the idea that we're headed for a dollar crash due to QE or due to debt. Debt as a number itself is meaningless, and debt:GDP is better than it was in the 1940's. Increasing the money supply is only a bad thing if the demand for USD shrinks. It's not shrinking, it's growing. Heck, if the money supply stayed the same over the past 50 years, you could buy a house in the suburbs for under $100. The population has grown, world markets have grown, investment opportunities have expanded. People are horribly lacking in knowledge of how economies and monetary systems work. I believe that has a lot to do with why people have been wrongly predicting the demise of the US economy for so long.

Personally, I see the whole thing, going back through history, but specifically this interval beginning in the 2000's as orchestrated economic warfare, which always ends up with the US further strengthening our position, benefiting all classes, though the richer Moro and sooner than the middle and poor, with the richEST benefiting through the sacrificial period as well. These continuous economic wars always seem to improve the rest of the world in time as well (speaking strictly in economic terms), albeit less-so relative to the US.

I have no source to cite besides history. Anyone can look back and see that every time our demise was foreseen, the middle class and poor suffered and the most wealthy took advantage of the situation and got even richer. After a time, the boogeyman (USSR in the 70s, then Japan, then the EU, now China) fell flat on their backs while the US leapfrogged further ahead than before. The golden age then catches up to the middle-class, and the Debt:GDP ratio sinks back down.

Well it happen forever? Of course not. This could be the time it doesn't. Banking on a US collapse, however, isn't likely to do any good."Move your money into gold, hide your money out of the country" etc...why? Are you going to tell through the chaos off a collapsed world economy and probable WW3 to grab your gold and...what? Trade it for food? Ammo? Good luck with that. Anyhow, like every other time, I'll continue to benefit in the present on the backs of those who trade their present and future investing in a low-probability, worst-case scenario. I'll go ahead and predict an economic boom over the next 15 years and a likelihood of setting gas prices under $2.50 once again. I recall it would never be under $1.50 again at the end of Bush I, nit long before I was paying $0.70/gal in the early 90s.

<< 1   >>

join