It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants and Quantum Physics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wish I could go back and study quantum physics - I just find it so fascinating! It's a universe within a universe within a universe, etc. Everything participates in these systems, and participation of simply viewing it can potentially change the outcome... At least, that what it seems like.

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
"The fact that biological systems can exploit quantum effects is quite astounding."

Don't see any evidence for this from the article, but it's an interesting thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Adramelech

Please summarize your post and thread. Not everyone clicks on every link (there be dragons on some). Opening posts usually contain enough written information to make the thread's name make sense. I don't mean to sound like Miss Manners, but you seem to have a good mind and good writing skills, can share a lot here, and so you aren't one of the "red-link fly-by" members who post something and are never heard from again

This is an interesting topic, and I look forward to hearing more about it.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I understand your point. The article just got me excited, yet it really doesn't explain any "studies", does it? There was a study in 2010, where researchers observed the "almost instantaneous transfer [of] solar energy from molecules in light harvesting complexes to molecules in electrochemical reaction centers" due to entanglement.

The big idea here is if we can harness what the plants do to create there energy based on quantum entanglement, we could potentially create a near 100% efficient source of energy for our own use. Big dreams, but not impossible, I think.

I am very much the amateur in this field and require explanations in layman's terms. Start throwing equations at me and my head starts to throb. I do, however, have somewhat of a grasp on the general ideas of the functions in question.

Again, thanks for the tip; I will be more careful when posting to explain exactly why I'm sharing the information

Here's a link to the article about the 2010 study:

www.sciencedaily.com...

top topics

join