It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED: The DEA Struck A Deal With Mexico's Most Notorious Drug Cartel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Business Insider has an interesting (and sickening) piece out. They are publishing a report published by El Universal that our government has been in bed with the Sinaloa Cartel since the Clinton administration. I guess the general idea was that they were to supply us with intel against their rivals and in return, they could smuggle their drugs into the US.

'The DEA agents met with members of the cartel in Mexico to obtain information about their rivals and simultaneously built a network of informants who sign drug cooperation agreements, subject to results, to enable them to obtain future benefits, including cancellation of charges in the U.S.,' reports El Universal, which also interviewed more than one hundred active and retired police officers as well as prisoners and experts.

Zambada-Niebla's lawyer told the court that in the late 1990s, Castro struck a deal with U.S. agents in which Sinaloa would provide information about rival drug trafficking organizations while the U.S. would dismiss its case against the Sinaloa lawyer and refrain from interfering with Sinaloa drug trafficking activities or actively prosecuting Sinaloa leadership.

Now, before I get blasted for being partisan, understand, this relationship continued right along until Fast & Furious.

'On March 17, 2009, I met for approximately 30 minutes in a hotel room in Mexico City with Vincente Zambada-Niebla and two other individuals — DEA agent David Herrod and a cooperating source [Sinaloa lawyer Loya Castro] with whom I had worked since 2005. ... I did all of the talking on behalf of [the] DEA.'

A few hours later, Mexican Marines arrested Zambada-Niebla (a.k.a. "El Vicentillo") on charges of trafficking more than a billion dollars in coc aine and heroin. Castanon and three other agents then visited Zambada-Niebla in prison, where the Sinaloa officer 'reiterated his desire to cooperate.'

El Universal, citing court documents, reports that DEA agents met with high-level Sinaloa officials more than 50 times since 2000.

Notice the dates in here - 2009, 2005, 2000. Clearly, if this is accurate, and it's in court testimony, then this is a long-standing government/cartel arrangement that carried across three administrations. If nothing else, this should seriously call into question the further legitimacy of continuing the DEA as an agency, and it also should continue the investigations on Fast & Furious. How deep does that Rabbit Hole go?

Zambada-Niebla also alleged that Operation Fast and Furious was part of an agreement to finance and arm the cartel in exchange for information used to take down its rivals. (If true, that re-raises the issue regarding what Attorney General Eric Holder knew about the gun-running arrangements.)

Part of the allegations made in the testimony are that Fast & Furious was a program to arm the cartel to enable it to fight its rivals and reduce violence in Mexico? We can't know for sure because Obama neatly invoked executive privilege on it.

And of course, my mad mind is running wild with another angle in all this ...

Sinaloa, led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, supplies 80% of the drugs entering the Chicago area and has a presence in cities across the U.S.

All roads lead back to Chicago, the town that launched Obama's political career.

Chapo—who acquired his nickname, which is Spanish for Shorty, because of his 5-foot-6 stature—is a 54-year-old fugitive who has made it to the Forbes billionaires’ list for three years running. He’s an antihero whose feats of criminality are as astonishing as they are brutal. Ten years after his escape from a Mexican prison, it’s widely believed by both Mexican and American law enforcement that he lives in Sinaloa, not far from where he was born. Each year, Guzmán has grown increasingly rich, and the cartel he runs has tightened its grip on the worldwide narcotics trade. A month ago the U.S. Treasury Department labeled him the “world’s most powerful drug trafficker.”

There's a lot of money behind Obama, and we know that not all of that money can be traced. Some people assume it's from Middle Eastern sources, but what if ... what if Guzman was part of his financing?

Wouldn't it be highly ironic if the wife of the president whose own bureaucracy started the era of cartel cooperation was taken out in the primary by the preferred candidate of the cartel?

But that's just my conspiracy theory spin on it. It's a little like having the mafia buying your president.

Forgive me if I've missed this thread or discussion before.
edit on 13-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wow the DEA in bed with the cartels? The next thing ya know the CIA will be involved with them.... Oh wait, they are.

CIA “Manages” Drug Trade, Mexican Official Says

The Central Intelligence Agency’s involvement in drug trafficking is back in the media spotlight after a spokesman for the violence-plagued Mexican state of Chihuahua became the latest high-profile individual to accuse the CIA, which has been linked to narcotics trafficking for decades, of ongoing efforts to “manage the drug trade.” The infamous American spy agency refused to comment.

To think the DEA has made side deals with The Cartels is just unimaginable, NOT! Just the other day I watched a movie about some cats that robbed a CIA money drop, not sure but it may have been Fast and Furious 6. BTW it was an horrible movie.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Great Thread!!! Bravo! I think I'll read it again! Nice Job!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Most of this seems simply our officials mindset on the operations of convenience. Since they have no true morals anything goes is their way of accomplishing goals. Ends justify the means regardless of archaic and irrelevant laws. None of this surprises me in the least.

What does surprise me is why they simply haven't just shipped truck loads of weaponry to the cartels they support. Much simpler than all this cloak and dagger stuff. Why mess around with the likes of a few guns from retail gun shops?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I would assume because they felt it would support their gun control agenda. You know, kill two birds with one stone. Remember, when this was breaking, the news started to circulate that guns were being walked from a number of locations and states.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well, golly.. That's puts Fast and Furious in a WHOLE different shade of light, now doesn't it?

I do believe there was an operation that came before it too, under the last Administration. Different efforts, as I recall, but close enough to make both criminal, if either was ...in context to this new information.

I have a new meaning for D.E.A..

D-one
E-rred
A-gain

After all, this is the same agency with agents shooting themselves in the foot during classroom safety demonstrations. We expected great and logical things when it came to their critical thinking? Errr.... The foot shooter has probably been promoted by now. Who knows?

I'm sure Mexico loves us... (Scratch one more real close, historic ally)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Anybody that knows anything about the CIA isn't surprised by this news. The CIA shipped in tons of coc aine for years and many of the people they trained are leading the cartels.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I do believe there was an operation that came before it too, under the last Administration. Different efforts, as I recall, but close enough to make both criminal, if either was ...in context to this new information.

The operation that Bush ran was called operation wide receiver. It did the same thing as Fast and Furious.

Earlier ATF gun operation ‘Wide Receiver’ used same tactics as ‘Fast and Furious’

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

In addition to that , The rumor is, that most of our dictator friends have had CIA training, contact, or support prior to being labeled an enemy: Castro,Osama Bin Laden , Chaves, Hussein.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

It's all about expediency. Check out the School of the Assassins.

reply to post by ketsuko

F&S for the thread.

edit on 13/1/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hmmm... The C and the D are next to each other in the alphabet, but that's about as close as I'd put CIA and DEA stuff, unless somehow they just have to work together on something because the same Uncle pays both their checks. This is the same CIA people speculate had knowledge or even involvement in the torture/murder of Enrique "Kiki" Camarena. That was by no stretch of imagination, a small thing...and I'm not entirely sure myself if there isn't some truth to that one too. (That one was more brutal than even Al Qaeda has the stomach or..perhaps just skill to do. They had a doctor on-hand to literally extend the poor mans life, so the torture could continue. A mini-series covered it too, as I recall as a kid).

They may both be alphabet soup agencies in the sense of the dirty tricks books they both run in and outside the US, but I think we're talking about 2 independent conspiracies for the CIA angle. That's hardly better, either. The only thing worse than one rogue element with an agenda ..is many with their own.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I only know how it works down the line through others who have shared with me, and some of which I saw by accident. It was all happening back in the 80's with agents taking payoffs (and other dealings I'm not entirely clear on), from mafia and like groups. Police lower down the totem pole did it all the time too (confiscate and sell). In fact - it was due to the pressure of these agencies (not so much the police), that some of these guys got killed when trying to step away. It also explained why some got away with anything at all while others went down. It's corrupt, corrupt, corrupt - and it appears this goes all the way to the top.

The bigger these organizations grow (with the help of their "protective agencies"), the more likely they are to engage in human trafficking and prostitution. Guns, drugs, sex, and murder - what a standup government we have.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Star and Flag
and a shameless bump for this thread.
With any luck it won't disappear. With a little more luck this info will go viral over the internet.

Summary so far:
The Drug Enforcement Agency, Central Intelligence Agency and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives all in bed with a Mexican Drug Cartel since at least 2000.

This should piss a lot of people off. I wonder how much Bush knew, we already know Obama doesn't know anything (About Anything).

No doubt the aptly named Attorney General Eric Holder, Jr. will hold this up as long as he can.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

interupt42

In addition to that , The rumor is, that most of our dictator friends have had CIA training, contact, or support prior to being labeled an enemy: Castro,Osama Bin Laden , Chaves, Hussein.

Exactly most of these dictators America complains about the CIA put into power.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I know about we indirectly created Al Qaeda when we trained the Mujihadeen in Afghanistan and taught them to fight the Soviets. Then we abandoned them as soon the USSR pulled out.

While I think they would have found a reason to hate on us no matter what we would have done, the fact remains that we gave them the basic guerilla training they've built on.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
i HATE TO SAY I TOLD YA SO........bit its been an obvious thing to tons of people on both sides of the border.....
The Sinaloas have been protected for decades by the DEA......

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Word going around with the Mexicans is that with this deal, the U.S. government has the Sinaloas in good favor in order to control who goes through our border illegally. Supposedly the Zetas threatened to smuggle Muslim Extremists in. Remember that the cartels control the human trafficking as well. Just something to ponder, I wouldn't bet on it.
Source: I live in Tucson.

I also heard that most of the violence near the border on the Mexican side is infact a civil war. The Zetas were becoming powerful enough to actually overthrow the Mexican Government. So Mexico's government actually struck a deal with the American Government to favor the Sinaloas and allow them to distribute, give them weapons in order to keep the Zetas at bay. In the eyes of the American government it would be beneficial to supply both sides with arms to keep the country weak, non-threatening and have a steady supply of cheap labor.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

ketsuko
Notice the dates in here - 2009, 2005, 2000. Clearly, if this is accurate, and it's in court testimony, then this is a long-standing government/cartel arrangement that carried across three administrations. If nothing else, this should seriously call into question the further legitimacy of continuing the DEA as an agency, and it also should continue the investigations on Fast & Furious. How deep does that Rabbit Hole go?

It goes even deeper than this. I keep getting tripped up on that line in their agreements "subject to results". This has major implications for the entire War on Drugs. One thing we know the war on drugs has done is it makes drugs more expensive, which means higher profits for those at the top. What if part of those results was ensuring the cartels drugs would sell for $X?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

not new news to me.

Joint Task Forces (jtf's) have been using the military to help bring in drugs for DECADES.. Most Vietnam vets know it, and I discovered it while in the USMC.

This is why the MCAS El Toro was really closed. Old news. New to the sheeple I guess.

Marine Corps Colonel Sabow Murdered for trying to expose

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh look, a sequel.. Fast & Furious 2.

I thought it was common knowledge that government always cooperates with criminals to further their agenda.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join