It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nag Hammadi & the lost gospels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would like to add that if you do a bit of extra research on the individual gospels within the Nag Hammadi text, one in particular stands out.
The Gospel of Thomas.
For one it is written in very primitive form, in that it is not organized into a narrative story like the gospels of matthew, mark, luke, and john. Rather it is the sayings of jesus collected together but unorganized. Which would lead one to believe that it was actually written BEFORE the organized narratives of matthew, mark, luke, and john were established together by the roman church, wouldn't it?
Also the fact that it has remained preserved through the centuries un-touched nor "corrupted" by the early church should also give this a small boost of originality.
Furthermore and lastly I would like to add that these texts HAVE been dated. The main reason this SPECIFIC gospel sticks out the most, is because when dated, it wound up being OLDER, then Matthew, mark, and luke.
With due process that also would make this gospel older than john.
So to me this gospel is impossible to dismiss, seeing as how it was around before the others were even written.
That's screams authenticity in my mind.
I believe it was left out of the Bibles organization because it was carefully hidden so that the truth within could not be corrupted, so to be released with pure authenticity and light of knowledge for the true seeker, during a time of greak darkness. i.e. modern civilization.
Just some fact surrounded by my thoughts here

I do apologize for not posting any links but I am on my iphone which makes it a little difficult, my laptop charger shorted out

<< 1   >>

join