It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are you punishing so many for just a few ill mannered constituants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Lets say I am of the free associative thinking variety; I go with the flow of the conversation. If of the meticulous variety, researched and re-researched, a moment in time is lost. I can neither be poetic or (IN TIMELINESS) be proactive with (remember that moment of response). What was hindered by someone I have no ideaform of that being that broke rules. I and many others now boomeranged (thought process stalled). This is not a fair and square scenario. Why not censure those that broke the rules as individuals; why include the rest of "US" that happened to be on those threads RFT and conspiracy within because we felt the content was worth replying to; fully justified no mal intent at all; furthering a conversation. Timing is of the essence and you proved it (just shut it all down).
edit on 13-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Could you please explain what exactly the question or inquiry is? Don't know if it's because it's early Monday morning, but I'm having a hard time getting to the gist of the question.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Gemwolf

GemwolfCould you please explain what exactly the question or inquiry is? Don't know if it's because it's early Monday morning, but I'm having a hard time getting to the gist of the question.

Certainly. I wonder about those that have put some thought and formulation to present a real theory as to the existance of Jesus, one thread as I recall (a late comer recently). These types of very esoterical thought forms will disapear immediately (they are not sexy just a type of plaid if called a fabric pattern). There is a nitty gritty definition happening in one of these threads that is so close to carving the truth as not to be believed. I have no question; I can explain myself as a respondant within these threads 'truth teller' (I know dont say it 5 cents please Apollonious). Perhaps I am the only one that replies by the seat of my pants; a week from now (time entropy) will kill the intent of a well intentioned missive (a good thread killed for all of the wrong reasons, LACK OF ATTENTION due to some disruptive forces). Punish the agrivers not the progenitor.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It's catching??? It seems you got it too. Who knew?

I'm sorry you were caught in the crossfire. It does seem to be happening more frequently lately. Maybe you got unlucky with a trigger happy mod? It happens.

It is what it is. You can never be sure if what you take the time to post will be met with acceptance or the delete key. If the post/thread is that important to you, you should start making a copy of it for "you" to keep on your computer.

A lot have learned that the hard way.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

From my experience, and warnings, a mod can only do so much. It is just a matter of time, for the greater good, to just delete the source of the 'conflict'.

If the masses can't discuss a topic with maturity, instead of punishing those with independent thought, it would be better to just delete the root cause.

But...
....majority of the time, the thread violated terms. Those which didn't, just get closed.

In my own opinion. I don't speak for ATS, just as a fellow member.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
It's catching??? It seems you got it too. Who knew?

I'm sorry you were caught in the crossfire. It does seem to be happening more frequently lately. Maybe you got unlucky with a trigger happy mod? It happens.
It is what it is. You can never be sure if what you take the time to post will be met with acceptance or the delete key. If the post/thread is that important to you, you should start making a copy of it for "you" to keep on your computer.
A lot have learned that the hard way.

Not me exactly and I was not a crossfire just observing the fact that two Major forums shut down for the insipid reason of "A Bickering between members"; never have I seen this, individuals are the causal, never the forum content; or the progenitor (OPs). I do not understand shutting down TWO FORUMS because of bickering is at all plausible (liken this to UFOlogy, or "Pet The Kitty if you dare" unrealities/falsehoods).

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
ChuckNasty

ChuckNasty From my experience, and warnings, a mod can only do so much. It is just a matter of time, for the greater good, to just delete the source of the 'conflict'. If the masses can't discuss a topic with maturity, instead of punishing those with independent thought, it would be better to just delete the root cause.But...
....majority of the time, the thread violated terms. Those which didn't, just get closed.
In my own opinion. I don't speak for ATS, just as a fellow member.
Good luck.

Here is the thing, it is two entire Forums. Not just a thread or two. TWO FORUMS. Im fairly certain I am not to blame; in looking over all of the bickering witnessed (paid no attention at all; sillybubb blockhead stuff, and why it was percieved as such an erroneousness misunderstanding (was immature infighting by persons used to trashing each other profiles). Thankyou for this reasonable explaination of childish behavior (a severe spanking I suppose). I used to collect quarters from my brothers in acquiesing to their bad behaviors; admitting to doing something they did; to my parents. They never believed a word of it. Still, cannot fathom putting 2 forums on hold for x amount of days without naming the infidels responsible. Melchezidek has to wait.
edit on 13-1-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You have me so lost, that I haven't a clue as to what you are talking about. All I see, is one huge circle from what you wrote.

ATS is one forum...

What two forums are you talking about?

edit on 13-1-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

The "Religion, faith and theology" and "Conspiracies in religion" sub-forums have been temporarily locked.

edit on 13-1-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well he could of just said that, rather than going through his jibber jabber paragraphs. Read all his posts and none of them made a lick of sense.

Thank you.

Get to the point man...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I hate to say it, but those two forums probably needed a cooling off period. They've been crazy recently.

@OP: Plain english usually works best when you're asking a question. :-)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I agree with vet. Why can't you just post-ban the people who are 'guilty'? There were some very good threads going, we can't even continue in those now.

This is very disappointing. Seems to me that the political and social issues forums are every bit as 'contentious' - with lots of attacks on the part of opposing 'views'; I don't even hardly go there anymore due to the mud-slinging and arguing and name-calling. It's far worse than the RFT and CiR forums.

But, it's not my site. I'll just have to stick to paranormal and philosophy, I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I hate to say it, but those two forums probably needed a cooling off period. They've been crazy recently.

Any idea exactly what thread/s caused this?

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

This one, and the one that sprang from it, probably didn't help matters any...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Oh! Thanks Klass! I looked for it, and it's not even IN the RFT forum. Hmmm.

Oh well. On to paranormal and philosophy.

(There you go, sk0rp - I was thinking it was trashed)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Diabolical

The "Religion, faith and theology" and "Conspiracies in religion" sub-forums have been temporarily locked.

edit on 13-1-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

Well that explains that... I was starting to wonder if my "Monday Morning" mind was seeing the screen but failing to take in the post. At least someone else had trouble digging out some clarity. (That's not a criticism, please understand. Possibly just a difference in writing styles.)

Now that I know what went missing (at least for a while) and caused some ruffled feathers, I'm nowhere near surprised. A forum I used to frequent and quite liked started a sub-forum for religious debate. Fellows members that I'd shared many a pleasant thread with suddenly started showing a side of themselves I'd never seen before. The arguments weren't the deciding factor in why I walked away, but I do kinda feel they were the beginning of when it all lost the "community" atmosphere that had made it part of each day.

Without even ever having checked either sub-forum in all the time I've been a member, I'd put my money on a "cooling off, time out" period.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

The great irony is that the Theology forum itself, as far as I can tell, was fairly peaceful at the time and had been for days.
Unless something dramatic was happening overnight.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

DISRAELI

The great irony is that the Theology forum itself, as far as I can tell, was fairly peaceful at the time and had been for days.
Unless something dramatic was happening overnight.

A definite possibility. Who knows what wickedness was going on. lol. I'm sure there will be an anouncement sometime soon to strongly urge everyone to grow up, and act like adults.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

wildtimes

Oh! Thanks Klass! I looked for it, and it's not even IN the RFT forum. Hmmm.

Oh well. On to paranormal and philosophy.

(There you go, sk0rp - I was thinking it was trashed)

I'm thinking it might have been moved? But don't quote me on that.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This IS news to me! But, I guess I can see the reasoning behind this temporary ban. I think it's because of the "Call to Action" from a certain poster. The two offending threads seemed like a handbook on "How To" attack, bully and mob posters with dissenting views. I do think, in retrospect, a cooling off period is wise choice. Elsewise, I foresee many posters being banned in the wake of those two threads.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join