It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Army Biological Weapon Tests Conducted in Okinawa in the 60's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All I can think now is that we have no moral authority, I need some more time to process in my mind this info. Meanwhile, read with me folks.

The U.S. Army tested biological weapons in Okinawa in the early 1960s, when the prefecture was still under U.S. rule, according to U.S. documents obtained by Kyodo News.

In the tests, conducted at least a dozen times between 1961 and 1962, rice blast fungus was released over paddies to see how it affected production, the documents made available by U.S. authorities showed.

Rice blast disease causes lesions to form on the plant, threatening the crop. The fungus, which is known to occur in 85 countries, is estimated to destroy enough rice to feed 60 million people a year.

The U.S. government has previously disclosed information on chemical and biological warfare tests it held at sea and on land in such places as Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Utah.

The United States is believed to have had China and Southeast Asia in mind in developing such crop-harming agents. The U.S. government decided to end all biological weapons programs in 1969.

Don't miss this part :

The Pentagon has repeatedly denied storing defoliants — including Agent Orange — on Okinawa. Following the discovery, it distanced itself from the barrels.

A representative said the Defense Department was investigating whether the barrels had been buried after the land’s return in 1987, and a U.S. government-sponsored scientist suggested they may merely have contained kitchen or medical waste.

However, the conclusions of the Japanese and international scientific community were unequivocal: Not only did the barrels disprove Pentagon denials of the presence of military defoliants in Japan, but the polluted land also posed a threat to the health of local residents and required immediate remediation.

I found another source (incredible....from Aug, 2013), about "Operation Red Hat" click here

The guy interviewed in the video went so deep on the topic that the reporter interrupted him.

www.japantimes.co.jp...
edit on 12-1-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The U.S. government decided to end all biological weapons programs in 1969.

Sssssure.....

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I read about this some years ago, and didn't really believe it. Holy smokes, i have a hard time believe this is true. Who are these sick individuals?

The Pentagon has repeatedly denied storing defoliants — including Agent Orange — on Okinawa.

Just so typical Pentagon, or any other US Agency for that matter. First they try with the Plausible deniability card. What creepy scumbags!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
thought they learned there lessons from the "spanisch flew" of ww1.....that was the first biological weapon that backfired...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Don't you find upsetting the fact that every time this kind of stuff is disclosed, the responsible people are already in a cemetery. In 30 years people will know what poison is used today.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

yes... buts its the human nature....we will not stop killing eachother until the last human has died...

dinosaures survived 65 million years...homo sapiense will not reach that time ever...we are only an short time nature solution for intelligence...
neanderthalers cro magnon are extincted in an 100.000 years... homo sapiense will follow soon...

perhaps an complete new race of humanoids will do it better....

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

All that made sense to mee, hope fully you are wrong (but don't think so).

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

selfdestrucktion path...one way we spend millions for disaster aid while trillions are spend for weapons for so called enamy"s
sick as it is....
we reach for the universe...unable to thrust and have faith...
dead end walk for humans

join