It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abomination Of Desolation:(the Gay Marriage Issue)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Teller asks: QUOTE: what is appropriate behaviour.

[I]Bigotry? Hate? Homophobia? [/I]
... What hate? I merely observe outcomes. Being gay has an outcome, in terms of being unable to keep a family going. That's sad, not something to gloat over.

[I]You tell me if there is no judgement then who cares anyway, god will take those who had love and compassion in their hearts. [/I]
... When a person has love and compassion in their heart and they do something that has a bad outcome, God forgives them, hands down.
... They're struggling and suffering with the effects in their lives. How can I demean their experience? I won't. And I won't presume that God will judge against saving their memories. Never. I'm not in the judging business. But I see what happens.

[I]He will give the taxi fare to the NEXT STEP to those with understanding and humility and a sense of peace to all without condition of their gender, race or sexuality.[/I]
... Yep. That He will do. And if they wish and ask, He will show them what will create healing and peace in their lives.

[I]If there is a god this is what he will do. And all those who spout homophobic junk like yourself will be left waiting in the rain for a taxi to the NEXT STEP that will never come. [/I]
... I hear your pain. If you were here, I would give you a hug. But that would not change your outcome.

Peace.

Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith
and the rest, says the bible, will burn forever in a lake of fire.

ha! In revelations it goes a step furhter, caling it the "Lake of burning sulfur."

nice use of the periodic table, if i may say so myself! goodness, christianity is so KIND!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
...where a soul's memories of manipulation and advantage get erased.

... Sometimes we have to do a "reformat hard drive."

... When people turn to evil behavior, that's where they're headed. Their current memories don't get "saved to disk."

... Would you have it any other way?

... Tell me.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All I have to say about this is...

Gay people deserve the same rights as everybody else...

The Bible and God should have nothing to do with the governement/law.

MARK MY WORDS No matter how hard you people try and hold on to your ignorance and homophobia - gay marriage will be legalized one day...

Not allowing homosexuals to marry is...

OPPRESSION
Pronunciation: &-'pre-sh&n
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a : unjust or cruel exercise of authority or power b : something that oppresses especially in being an unjust or excessive exercise of power
2 : a sense of being weighed down in body or mind

Go read your US History books to see how oppression has worked out historically. The oppressors always lose

[edit on 11/20/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I say just kill all the fags, all they are gonna due is spread AIDS and pollute society.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Emily, I believe you have some very skewed views on what it means to be a family.

A family unit does not need to be based upon creating children. I am a straight male, I never wish to have children, neither does my partner, does that make us as bad in your eyes as a homosexual couple??

Does the fact that my partner and I are able to physically create children change your mind? It shouldn't, we've made a consious decision never to have children, and undertaken surgical means to complete that.

Another think that I think you're being skewed upon is the value of children to society. I fully believe that we should do all that we can for our children, but I do not believe that the production of children is, at this point in human history, as vitally importaint.

According to www.earthday.org, there are only 4.5 productive acres per person on the planet. Currently, the average American consumes 24 productive acres. With rising global populations the amount of productive land per capita will decline. The world could do better with fewer humans. Now I don't advocate any kind of governmental rules like those imposed by China, but I believe that your putting so much importance into the sheer production of babies to be somewhat, irresponsible.

That being said, it is actually possible for homosexual couples to have children, through the exact same procedures that heterosexual couples that are infertle use.

So basically, you may not be one of those Christian-Taliban types, but you're being just as bigoted. Maybe you should do some research, or at least critical logical thought, before you speak next time hmmm?

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
that the Government should have nothing to do with the Bible.

It should practice Law from the standpoint of creating good effects for the largest number of people.

And from that standpoint, there is a great deal still to talk about because the Gummint is now invested in genocide, omnicide, bioweapons, nuclear armaments, and powdering the ionosphere with barium to turn it into a colloid.

But the Gummint isn't listening for, "what's good for the greatest number," are they?

So, you and I and others will thrash it out here. Nothing personal, of course.

We just see the outcomes differently, that's all.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
...where a soul's memories of manipulation and advantage get erased.

... Sometimes we have to do a "reformat hard drive."

... When people turn to evil behavior, that's where they're headed. Their current memories don't get "saved to disk."

... Would you have it any other way?

... Tell me.

Where in the worls did you get this crazy idea that your bible is anything more than a book of fairy tales, historical fiction, and a record of hatred against people who didn't believe in, first, the hebrew god, and second, Jesus and his mom & pop?

It's a book!!! A book, do you get it. All this blathering about people being evil because a book says they are bad, is horrifically ugly. It's just this kind of nonsense that should be kept out of schools and government. Teach kids that love is god (god meaning higher power, not god meaning mean bible boogeyman).

As for lake of fire/sulfur/sun whatever. It still means if you don't believe the bible way, you are toast via torture. Why not find a rule book that teaches kindness to all, self-control, sustainable culture and so on. Why choose to live your life by such ugliness when ther is no need?

Gay people's families don't die out any more or less than het families. If they have kids, they physically continue a family line. If they don't, they don't. Gay or straight, same thing. Your "arguement" that breeding is the only measure of family is really bizarre. Are you one of those people who was taught that the only purpose of a woman is support staff and brood mare?

As far as ANYONE on this planet knows and can prove, we only live once. Why not make this life joyful and full of love? Why not put positive energy out into the world? What kind of wacked pleasure do you get from condemning people? Can you answer that from your own thoughts, without resorting to bible recitations?

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky
All I have to say about this is...

Gay people deserve the same rights as everybody else...

The Bible and God should have nothing to do with the governement/law.

Well, unfortunately religion plays a big part in the US. Your country was founded by god fearing people. Aren't your coins inscribed ' In God we Trust ' ?

Anyway, IMO gay people should be allowed to marry. However I don't believe they should be allowed to adopt.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarnos

Well, unfortunately religion plays a big part in the US. Your country was founded by god fearing people. Aren't your coins inscribed ' In God we Trust ' ?

I know you are from Australia so you are probably a bit rusty on your US History but my country was not found on Christianity or any religion for that matter...

Anyway, IMO gay people should be allowed to marry. However I don't believe they should be allowed to adopt.

And why is that? Have you met any children who have been adopted by gay parents? My guess is no! If you bothered to do any research on the matter you would find that these kids fare out just fine..

Here's a little head start for your research...

Homosexual Parents - Adoption Issues

[edit on 11/20/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Firslty of hetrosexuality doesn't exist.

Sexual style term : sexual oritiation was a a term created to a group. In which three styles exist man women, man man, women women.

By using the term hetrosexual your are expecting the term sexual orination and therefor believe that homosexuality, lesbianism. Has the right to exist as much as the hetrosexuals.

But the reality is there is no such thing as sexual orination, hetrosexuality its just an illusion.

Men who like women are just men, women who like men are just women.

It's not gay people deserve the same rights
But sick people deserve the same rights.

Tell me if i were to have sex with an animal i'm sure i'll be taken to a mental hospital.

Nature states humans are to have sex with the oppiste sex.
It's unatural to mount an male anus.
It's unatural for human to have sex with an animal.

Then why do they ban beastality? but allow homosexuals?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Sexual style term : sexual oritiation was a a term created to a group. In which three styles exist man women, man man, women women.

By using the term hetrosexual your are expecting the term sexual orination and therefor believe that homosexuality, lesbianism. Has the right to exist as much as the hetrosexuals.

But the reality is there is no such thing as sexual orination, hetrosexuality its just an illusion.

Tell me if i were to have sex with an animal i'm sure i'll be taken to a mental hospital.

So, you think homosexuals are sick perverts...basically that's what you are saying. Tell me, why the hell would someone choose to be gay? The world is full of ignorant people just like yourself...why the hell would anyone want to go through emotional hell just so they can be gay? You seem pretty stubborn in your beliefs so I have no doubt that you will continue to spread your ignorance and hatred onto your own spawn...please do us all a favor and stay in that cave where you currently reside. This day in age there is no way to label homosexuals as sick perverts and not be considered a true backwoods redneck. Yeehaw.

I like your screename "Thinker"

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Thinker, think about this. In the next 10 or so years, i'd put money on scientists finding a gay gene, their already close, memo to bush, better halt all research into DNA as well as life saving stem cell research. Lose the poison of religion america

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thinker, how 'natural' is your life. I mean think about it, cars, central heating, microwaves, pre cooked food, medication, houses, would you deny pain killing medication to a woman in labour, someone with a terminal illness or a chronic medical condition. If you want to argue that not natural is bad then why not go naked, like the hairless ape that God created us as, live in a cave and go out and kill dinner when you're hungry. The whole thing about nature is humanity has been rising above it, manipulating it and adapting it for our own selfish needs since we first appeared on the planet. It's what we do, especially when it comes to sex (by the way ever indulged in oral sex, you must be sick and unatural if you have) so why cherry pick one particular activity above all others, or is your objection just an ill thought out justification.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I have no problem with a church refusing to marry a gay person its there chose but there should be no reson why not they should not be able to get a government ceremony (some thing with nothing to do with religion). And to who ever said marriage was only a religious institution then explain to me why a ships captain can marry people or a why up until a few hundreds years past a blacksmith could. The truth is marriage really has nothing to do with religion and as such religion should not be able to dictated over it.

PS the difference between sex with and animal and a person is the difference between rape and normal sex. Gay sex is between 2 consenting adult people.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Elfwood]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
OK...

Here's an easy way to solve this once and for all.

Find a planet and move all the gays there.

If what they do is natural then they'll propogate.

I can guarantee you what the population would be if you went back in 1000 years too - ZERO!

Conculsion? Being gay is NOT natural.

Love is natural.
Wanting understanding is natural.
Intimacy is natural.
Friendship is natural.

If you want to "enhance love" by going that one step further then that is your decision. If you decide to do it then fine, do it - just don't stand on your soap box and want to be recognised as being equal to a normal relationship, ie man/woman - it will NEVER happen.

The A/Hole was made for one thing - to get rid of something, not to receive something.

Hell, what do I know...probably 90% of blokes are gay anyhow - they all have this fantasy of wanting to have anal sex even with their girlfriends??? What's the deal here?

Give me a nice warm, moist p.... anyday thankyou very much

Oh, and another thing - don't come back with this "homophobic" stuff. Anyone who stands up against the gays get this "oh, you're just homphobic"...what a copout! Is that the only answer gays can give when they find themselves backed into a corner - "you're just homophobic".

LOL.

Hugs and Kisses

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
gay marriage is wrong.

when a pastor or leader of a christian church is openingly homosexual, practising a homsexual lifestyle and is accepted by his congregation then you know that the apostacy has arrived.

as far as gay marriage being the abomination that causes desolation who knows ? i mean if you mean that a gay marriage in a rebuilt temple of God is the A>C>D then what about everything else thats going on in Israel?? Do you know that Israel is at the heart of the biggest ecstacy smuggling ring in the world? Do you know that Israel as a western democracy is futile and that the ancient Israel wasnt even a democracy ? Do you know that even though the existence of Israel today fullfills scripture , Israel itself is a completely apostate nation against God? Did you know that next to Islam Israel has the most brutal ANTICHRIST spirit on this earth?

gay ppl get married and continue being gay, its there choice, gay ppl being gay and standing for christianity??? thats seriously wrong and serious apostacy. its serious because its a form of godliness denying the true power of God. its a mockery of God because its a serious sin and God is in the business of defeating serious sin within peoples lifes ( be it witchcraft, sorcery, drugs, alcohol, whoreing, spiritual idolatry, greed, pride, murder, gossip etc)
but when you basically attempt to stand and preach for God while openly advocating a serious violation of God then you are denying HIS power to subdue and defeat your sin through his son Jesus.

Jesus said as in the days of sodom so in the days of his second coming, and as in the days of Noah so in the days of his second coming. Where do you read about sodomy in Noahs day???? Was that the crucial thing that brought the flood?? No its wasnt. It was the entire earth defiled by mans continual evil desires. Homsexuality is a grave sin, but there are many people on this earth who commit equally grave sins, equally grave sexual sins, sex outside of marriage is a sin, today most people have had sex outside of marriage....this too is an abomination to the Lord. Manic christians who are preachng against gays should spend as much time preaching against hetrosexual sexual immorality because statistically 99% of the world is straight.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
... not merely because somebody wrote down--4000 or 2000 years ago--Blah blah is BAD!

... The REASONs that homosexuality doesn't work as a permanent lifestyle is cosmic. Spirits don't have any way to get back-and-forth between the different dimensions if they stop being part of a physical family.

... Homosexuals have NO WAY to continue being part of an ongoing physical family. They have cut themselves off from procreation; they can no longer expect to return to the Physical in a Resurrection, some time in the future.

... If this is no problem for you and you NEVER want to have more physical experience of cause-and-effect, then it's no problem for me. But God wants ALL people to be able to learn from cause-and-effect; and cause-and-effect ONLY WORKS if a person (soul, spirit, whatever) can incarnate into the Physical.

... Being a homosexual, you've burnt your bridges back into the Physical. You're no longer eligible to incarnate. You're stuck--without a body--in the Subjective. And if you are orderly enough to be admitted into the counsels of Heaven, you can't leave. There's nowhere for you to go, NEXT.

... So, do what you want. But realize, there are cosmic consequences to your behavior in addition to just physical consequences.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
For those claiming homosexuality isn't natual, spend some time around a large group of animals.

I've seen horses, cows, dogs, cats, pigs, gerbils, hamsters, goats, and sheep all participate in homosexual activities. Not just the males of those species, but the females as well.

Now, if it's not natural, why are those animals doing it?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you ban gay marriage you might as well ban divorce. If your goal is to uphold family values wouldn't you agree that divorce essentially destroys the family. What about adultery? Its in the ten commandments. Ban sex out of wedlock. The sad thing is that there are dozens of things that the bible preaches humans should not do.. yet we do them anyway. Thou shalt not kill? Hello!! And don't give me that justification crap about war is essential. There were no provisions for it in the ten commandments. What about eating shellfish.. and pork? The bible looks at those pretty badly so why are we still eating pork and dining at red lobster. I am sick of conservatives jumping on the hate band wagon simply because the bible told you so. Well.. the bible told you alot of things but you only seem to listen to the ones that seriously hinder human developement. Didn't jesus say.. turn the other cheek? Well.. I have yet to hear someone say that we should just turn the other cheek when it came to 9-11.

The simple fact is that if a gay person gets married, it has no effect on you whatsoever. Family values are based on religions. Since america seperates church and state in its constitution, gay rights should not even be a question. Two consenting adults have the right to choose how they want to live, and a signigifigant portion of america is gay. Let them have their rights because in the end... two people getting married in san fransisco, new york, or pretty much anywhere is not going to affect your life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join