It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Not In Labor Force Soar To Record 91.8 Million

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
here is the link to a story People Not In Labor Force Soar

But if this man is correct that make our current unemployment numbers at around 32%.

Here is a little more info for your reading 'For Every One Job Added, Nearly 5 People Left the Workforce'

I don't see employment getting any better and increasing the unpaid for benefits to millions will only create more dependence on govt for entitlements.

We need focus on creating real Jobs in the private and free markets not govt jobs.

We now are reaping those twenty year trade agreements we signed with China when Bill Clinton was president. We need to get jobs brought back to the US.

edit on 10-1-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

Seems about right in my area, people are hurting. I work as a RN in a ED, we have been slammed as people cannot afford to go to primary Doc's.

As the seasonal jobs come back in the next few months I expect the Fed's to feed us that it is getting better everyday up until the midterms.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How many of those 91.8 million are elderly, retired, children or homemakers? The article does not specify, but I get the impression they are counting people who have no interest/need to work.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
But you need to apply seasonal adjustment, adjustments for those who decided to go to school because they couldn't find a job, and that will reduce it to fifty million. Add a little modified food starch to the mix and it reduces to what they are telling us is real.

They have learned to cover things up and conditioned society to believe in numbers. 666 is a number too. Numbers are used to deceive us all the time, the devil is a word for deceit.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Retired? How many of them are like my mom who "retired" early because she lost her job and had no prospects for another one and her unemployment ran out, so it was either retire or face losing income?

Then there are the ones like my sister who keep getting jobs the dry up as soon as she lands them.

And then you have the underemployed like myself who are technically counted as employed, but we are stuck part-time when we would really like to work full-time.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

LeatherNLace
How many of those 91.8 million are elderly, retired, children or homemakers? The article does not specify, but I get the impression they are counting people who have no interest/need to work.

Might be ... but it's still roughly 1/3 of the population ... and they need to eat.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

LeatherNLace

That's BS, I'm not buying it!
The economy SUCKS. People need to work, they haven't lost interest in working so much that they don't bother working.
Obama should push that excuse when people complain about how high the actual unemployment number is. See the U6 numbers.

edit on 10-1-2014 by butcherguy because: To remove sarcasm. It was just too much for some members.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
What do we expect.
They shut factories down and ship the machinery to China where they have people produce the same goods on wages of $1 a day.
They then ship the goods back and sell them in the shops.

And still people attack the Unemployed.

Banks steal peoples houses and when the people are homeless they are seen as the scum.

The homeless and the unemployed are looked down on by society.

But society allowed this to happen to them. they had no control in their downfall.

When people in work stick up for the unemployed instead of seeing them as dirt then we will have turned the corner.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

When government and labor and the green lobby conspired to make it more advantageous to do all the manufacturing elsewhere, what did you expect? Businesses to just stay here and quietly go out of business? Then no one would be working, either.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Perhaps people are just being liberated and following their passion as Nancy Pelosi said when asked about obamacare causing employers to cut working hours. Nah.

Nancy Pelosi when asked about union opposition to ObamaCare, particularly because of the breakdown of the 40-hour work week, Pelosi told CNN's Candy Crowley: “Overwhelmingly for the American people, this is a liberation, this is life, healthy life, liberty, the freedom to pursue your happiness, which could be follow your passion for good rather than follow your palate and be constrained by your policy." source

edit on 884pm2020pm22014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

butcherguy

LeatherNLace

Yep... I'll buy that one.
The economy is so great that people don't need to work, or barring that, they have lost so much interest in working that they don't bother working.
Obama should push that excuse when people complain about how high the actual unemployment number is.

Yeah, because before Obama came along, the elderly never retired, for children it was all work and no play and homemakers were a myth. Give me a freaking break with your sarcasm. I was asking a legitimate question. No need for the snark.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

The only way I can see out of it, is if everyone just refused to buy imported goods, they would be quick to relocate back to the USA if that happened. does not matter how cheap you make them then if no one is buying they make no profit.

But people are self centred.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

What Im saying is that if those in work do not back those out of work then we all suffer.

If there is 38 mill unemployed then those in work better watch out, because if you are on $30,000 a year then someone will say I can do that job for $13,000 a year and if you think that those employers will show any loyalty then you are mistaken.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

pavmas
reply to post by ketsuko

What Im saying is that if those in work do not back those out of work then we all suffer.

If there is 38 mill unemployed then those in work better watch out, because if you are on $30,000 a year then someone will say I can do that job for $13,000 a year and if you think that those employers will show any loyalty then you are mistaken.

That probably depends heavily on what you do. The more specialized your skill set, the less likely that is to happen.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I removed the sarcasm.
I didn't want you to have a bad day because of it.

The economy still sucks. We have lost large amounts of manufacturing jobs. There are jobs flipping burgers though.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I agree with Electricians, bricklayers, plumbers etc. but most high paying jobs are in offices doing what anyone can do.

Manual work is amongst the lowest paid which is strange, I think sewer workers should be the highest paid in the country.

And teachers should be the lowest paid, lets face it we have idiots as teachers as the amount of kids that leave education unable to read and write after years in school is a disgrace.

People that don't get their hands dirty and produce nothing are paid the highest amounts, that cannot be right.

A social worker spends a year learning and earns £45,000 a bricklayer spends 3 years min learning his trade and earns £20,000 a year at most

Wages are so unbalanced its really crazy. how can one person be paid 100 times what another person earns for a days work.

How can one person be paid £10,000 a year and another £10 million.

How can a person be paid £1 million a year and get £1 million bonus but the person on £10,000 gets no bonus.

Its mad' mad i tell you.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

rickymouse
But you need to apply seasonal adjustment, adjustments for those who decided to go to school because they couldn't find a job, and that will reduce it to fifty million. Add a little modified food starch to the mix and it reduces to what they are telling us is real.

They have learned to cover things up and conditioned society to believe in numbers. 666 is a number too. Numbers are used to deceive us all the time, the devil is a word for deceit.

those who went back to school because of no jobs did so but are still part of the unemployed you can't just remove them from the equation because they are in school.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Gee.. We only have 300 Million or so total in the nation, down to the last child. That unemployed is near 1/3rd in raw numbers ..and to look at similar numbers in the past? Yikes..It really is as bad as it sounds.

Work.. We need jobs out here! Not unemployment. Not food stamps. Not TANF or General Welfare. Jobs!

A headline earlier read 1,500 people showed up for one job opening..and last year, McDonalds Jobs fairs had 70,000 people and more at different ones around the nation.

When more people show up to get a job flipping hamburgers and cooking french fries than LIVE in most mid size or smaller cities? We have a very profound employment crisis ...and looking at the other U- numbers at BOL speaks volumes the media focused one doesn't.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I see, so just anyone could do things that people in laboratories do? They have the specialized STEM education, training and knowledge to do that ... work with things that can and will kill you if handled improperly and understand how they work and why?

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What about the adjustment for the modified food starch. The whole way the government figures out these things is a scam, a deception to show things are better than they are. Most people don't see the total change. Economy is based on belief, even if the belief is a lie.

I remember before they started most of this crap, back in the late sixties. The unemployment rate was at twenty five percent in our area after the summer jobs were shut down. People hunkered down for the winter and survived without foodstamps on their unemployment benefits. The unemployment benefits were paid by the employer through contributions to the fund. I don't know if the Federal unemployment fund was paid into those days but I know that I paid into it back in the eighties when I had employees. Unemployment insurance premiums are separate from tax dollars. Well, maybe not the feds extensions.

Bury deceit in a bunch of changing figures is what they do best in government.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join