It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much is Mcdonalds coffee where you live?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
McDonalds large Coffee is 2.19 here in Mary Esther Florida. Keeps going up and up. I was in Georgia recently and it was 1.11 or something. Owner here is a crook.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't know about the coffee, but I do know that a large Dr. Pepper here in Martinsville Virginia is $2.14.

They've gone nuts.

edit on 1/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Cost of living can vary widely from state to state and place to place which means that the cost of the same thing will also vary widely depending on where you are.

There are cost of living calculators on line that can tell you how much your approximate cost of living will be in another place.

For example, to live at the same standard of living in California, we'd have to pulling in just south of $150K/year if we lived there, but we make nowhere near that where we live. Obviously, we have no plans to move to Cali anytime soon. It's just too expensive to live this poorly out there.
edit on 9-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

They are franchises and can set their own prices to a limit (from my past experience with franchises). Most adhere to the $1 "any size" here in Nevada, but I have seen some not.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Another thing to consider is that Florida has no individual income tax, so it makes up for it in sales tax. That may also account for what you are seeing. Georgia has individual income tax.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I am lucky enough not to have a one near by.. It is a 5.5 hour trip to my nearest one and long may it stay that way... s.f...

edit on 9-1-2014 by purplemer because: dont dream it...be it...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's a $1.40 for a large here in North Florida
Buy 3-4 a day!

It was $1.00 for any size for months.......
they killed that as of last month
edit on 9-1-2014 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

A regular coffee here is free in the mornings. A large just over a dollar.

But I'm Canadian, so there is a Tim Hortons tons every quarter mile to compete with.

If your wondering if cost balancing is prevalent then yes,..you are profiled....or your community is....

If you look through the right glass everything is mafia like.....

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
in north east pennsylvania all drinks at mcdonalds any size are a dollar plus tax unless you get smootie or frappe

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Lol it cost Mcdonalds like 3 cents for the cup and less then a penny for the actual coffee hahahahaha I'm glad I don't buy any of their poopie around here in PA they want almost 12$ for a value meal lol I think that is funny they call it the value meal anymore.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here in Central California they are charging $1 for any size coffee, and one $1 for any size soft drink. The soft drinks have been like that for quite a while now, and they started doing it with the coffee around a few months ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
$3.50 in OZ and it tastes crap, its coffee other coffees reject, yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Stopped at McD's tonight for a small coffee and a chocolate muffin. $ 1.85 Cnd.

Gotta tell you, that muffin was as good as a Chinese Fighting Muffin...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

misse2miss
in north east pennsylvania all drinks at mcdonalds any size are a dollar plus tax unless you get smootie or frappe

jeramie
Here in Central California they are charging $1 for any size coffee, and one $1 for any size soft drink.

WTF! That is unbelievable... try visiting a McDonalds in Australia and you will experience quite a shock.
edit on 9/1/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Mcdoubles went up in price here recently as well. WTH crap food is supposed to be cheap.

I don't drink the coffee..sorry. BTW Florida here.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

eyeinoz
$3.50 in OZ and it tastes crap, its coffee other coffees reject, yuk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but Oz has the 'Serious Lamb Burger', which more than makes up for the coffee!!!
Gosh they were good! Had them for the first time on vacation in 2012.
Pricey, but sooo worth it!!!

Ooooh, I'm salivating just thinking about them!!!
What all is on them?
Lamb pattie, egg, red onion, tomato, red beet, (beet root), baby spinach...aaagh,
I can't believe I've forgotten already!!! No cheese?

Who would have thought that McD's would have something that healthy??? Lol!
WOQ

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Well, in my country (Portugal) its 0.60 euros, its around 0.82 cents (USD).

Today its one of the cheapest in Lisbon, but 2 to 3 years ago coffee would be around 0.45 euros.

Guess we have better luck still than you guys in the US.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

$2.19? Yikes! $1.47 for a large here in Jackson, Wy. And this is a resort town!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

It's been ages since I've been to a McDonalds, but we had one near where I worked that would replace the soda with milk if asked free of charge and then there was one near where I lived that charged you to do so. That grated my nerves as I really don't drink soda.

And their coffee sucks as well.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

wasobservingquietly
Ooooh, I'm salivating just thinking about them!!!
What all is on them?
Lamb pattie, egg, red onion, tomato, red beet, (beet root), baby spinach...aaagh,
I can't believe I've forgotten already!!! No cheese?

Who would have thought that McD's would have something that healthy??? Lol!
WOQ

That sounded pretty good until the beet part. Beets? On a sandwich?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join