It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steelers fan attempts to sue the NFL for team missing the playoffs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Goes to show that some people have too much time on their hands.

Most Pittsburgh Steelers fans were pretty upset with the the way the NFL season ended. Kansas City kicker Ryan Succop missed a 41-yard field with four seconds left against the Chargers that would have given the Chiefs the win and sent the Steelers to the playoffs.

Even worse, the Chargers should've been flagged for illegal alignment on the kick. If officials had called the penalty, Succop would have had another kick, but this time, from five-yards closer.

One Steelers fan was so upset with the entire situation that he decided to file a motion in Pennsylvania court saying the Chargers shouldn't be in the playoffs. The man is seeking a 'temporary emergency injunction' calling for the NFL to suspend the playoffs for seven-to-10 days so that this issue can be resolved. The man says the officials were 'negligent' and 'fraudulent' when they missed the call.

link

The guy wants the NFL to suspend the playoffs for 7-10 days so Pittsburgh can get their rightful shot at a playoff berth. Nevermind the playoffs have already started and what kind of monkeywrench it would throw into the machine. Talk about a frivolous lawsuit.

Did I mention the man is in jail? I understand suing on your own behalf to gain release, or something, but, C'mon man! I thought your civil rights were put on hold while you're incarcerated, at least enough so that you don't waste the court's time with BS like this.

Although the guy is probably a hero in jail right now, and it will get tossed out, this is a perfect example of why tort reform is needed.

An example of this guys genius is sampled below in his affidavit. It is absolutely hilarious. Must read. I'm pretty sure this jailhouse lawyer has gotten his buddies even more time on their sentence.

Affidavit

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I've always felt like Steelers fans are some of the most loyal in the NFL.

The problem is they aren't very bright.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

This may wind its way to the U.S. Supreme Court just in time for the 2015 Superbowl!

And how about suing the Chicago Bears for not signing defenseman Brian Urlacher who, if he was on the field, would have known that was a live ball well before the Green Bay Packer guy who picked it up and was playing with it finally ran it in for a touchdown. That occurred in the last game of the season, everybody on the field thought it was a dead ball, and it cost the Bears a playoff berth. Now that would certainly not be a frivolous lawsuit (and I'm not even a Bears fan).

edit on 9-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Way too much time on his hands, really needs to put the Stillers jersey in the closet and take out the Penguins sweater. I believe this is a definition of a frivolous lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And this, ATS, is why this country and world is the way it is. Oxygen thieves plain and simple.
Firepiston

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

Across the way in Philly they are just mean. They have their jail right in the stadium.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

FirePiston
And this, ATS, is why this country and world is the way it is. Oxygen thieves plain and simple.
Firepiston

I know ATSers are all about rights and freedom and such, but sometimes we gotta draw the line. The fact it even crossed the clerks desk and the ink was wasted to stamp it, it still had to be entered, and it still will need to be responded to. That's just a drain on resources. Obviously, this guy has been charged and convicted already because if you're gonna make bail, you don't have that kind of time to care. Plus, the funny thing is that was probably his 4th or 5th draft.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I bet the Cincinnati Bengals would welcome this. After the drumming they took from the San Diego Chargers, they may like their chances better in a redo against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

I'll say this...NFL referees are not perfect by any measure, but there is zero precedent for the league to overturn the outcome of a game.

This just seems like sour grapes to me. If Pittsburgh was worthy of being in the playoffs, then they should have won more games and not put their fate in the outcome of a game they were not even involved in.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Isn't there another guy suing to lower ticket prices in NJ so he can afford to go?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
LOL!

This is just karma for Super Bowl XL in 2006.

They didnt seem to complain much when bad calls gave them the win.

DC

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I don't know, probably Jonny Riches.

Jonathan Lee Riches is a former federal prisoner (inmate #40948-018) known for the many lawsuits he has filed in various United States district courts. Riches was incarcerated at Federal Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky, for wire fraud under the terms of a plea bargain. His release date was April 30, 2012. He was arrested for violating his federal probation in December 2012, when he left the Eastern District of the state of Pennsylvania without permission. He allegedly drove to Connecticut and impersonated the uncle of Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident.
Since January 8, 2006, he has filed over 2600 lawsuits in federal district courts across the country, some of which have received considerable press attention. Among the more famous defendants of his lawsuits are Dallas area lawyer Treyson Brooks, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, former President of the United States George W. Bush, Martha Stewart, NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon, former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, entrepreneur Steve Jobs, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, Somali pirates, and pop star Britney Spears. He also sued the late Benazir Bhutto, Pervez Musharraf, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service on November 7, 2007, to prevent him from being deported to Pakistan upon his release from prison in March 2012 so that he will not be tortured.

Jonathan Lee Riches

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Wasn't it in '94 that the Steelers made the Superbowl due to a botched playoff call where their receiver was awarded a touchdown when he had gone out of bounds? Not to mention the bad calls in their last Superbowl game with the Seahawks.
Blown calls don't always work in your favor.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

LOL , Good Luck with that , Iv'e been a Mets Fan Since 1964 ,,,,,,,,,

All Condolences Welcomed.....

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Whatever happened to "Ok, yeah, we got screwed. Sucks to be us, but it could have been them. But there's always next year ..."

Seriously, talk about sore losers. There is such a thing as accepting it with grace even when you were screwed, and I would know. There is a whole rule in the NCAA about how bowl games are allotted named for my alma - The K-State Rule.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The Steelers could have played better in the previous 15 games so their play off hopes didn't ride on another teams win or loss.

Another case of blame someone else.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Teams often get advantaged and disadvantaged over bad calls. A few years ago the Seahawks got robbed of a Super Bowl victory over a bad call. I think it was year before last (now that it's 2014) the Seahawks benefited from a very bad call against Green Bay. As a Hawks fan I can say without a doubt that the call was wrong and should have gone against the Hawks. In nearly every game someone can point to what they think is a "bad call," and sometimes they are absolutely right--especially in hindsight.

But the best argument about bad calls I have heard is: Why did "Team X" lose a championship/game/whatever based on a single bad call? Why weren't they good enough to build in a buffer so that a single bad call would not ruin their day? Close games happen when teams are fairly evenly matched. So if a single bad call ruins your effort, tough. Get over yourselves and do better next time.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

dfens
reply to post by violet

I don't know, probably Jonny Riches.

Jonathan Lee Riches is a former federal prisoner (inmate #40948-018) known for the many lawsuits he has filed in various United States district courts. Riches was incarcerated at Federal Medical Center, Lexington, Kentucky, for wire fraud under the terms of a plea bargain. His release date was April 30, 2012. He was arrested for violating his federal probation in December 2012, when he left the Eastern District of the state of Pennsylvania without permission. He allegedly drove to Connecticut and impersonated the uncle of Adam Lanza, the shooter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School incident.
Since January 8, 2006, he has filed over 2600 lawsuits in federal district courts across the country, some of which have received considerable press attention. Among the more famous defendants of his lawsuits are Dallas area lawyer Treyson Brooks, New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, former President of the United States George W. Bush, Martha Stewart, NASCAR driver Jeff Gordon, former Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, entrepreneur Steve Jobs, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, Somali pirates, and pop star Britney Spears. He also sued the late Benazir Bhutto, Pervez Musharraf, and the Immigration and Naturalization Service on November 7, 2007, to prevent him from being deported to Pakistan upon his release from prison in March 2012 so that he will not be tortured.

Jonathan Lee Riches

Yep. Sounds like the average Stooler fan to me. I live in a freaking nest of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
lmao! Just WOW!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

The NFL like many/all televised sports are just like the Gladiators of ancient Rome and Meant to be a distraction to the masses. Dont get me wrong I love the World cup but at least I am only "distracted" once every four years

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dfens

Please let there be an injunction. I've got a long shot prediction that the superbowl will be stopped mid game and not resume and if the polar vortex doesn't come through for me this might.

AND, Might I add that however silly this might be, if the NFL throws one ref under the under the bus in a settlement- say lets this convict just shank him just once or twice not in a vital organ- it would send the right message to all the rest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join