It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on Alien Warp Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Out of studying for a few hours online about black holes and how they act or how we find them, i had a thought.

if a black hole pulls in space and time and matter and we notice a black hole but the gravity around it being pulled in
then in theory could that not be a alien craft using a wrap drive in space?

since wrap drive bends space and time i think it could copy the look of a black hole in the way we look for them

just a idea
edit on 01Wed, 08 Jan 2014 12:12:38 -0600JanuaryJan-06:00America/ChicagoWed, 08 Jan 2014 12:12:38 -06003820141 by mrFMPerson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well you cant see a black hole

Technically any matter in space pulls in other matter with gravity. Black holes not only pull things in like a sun would a comet, but also light, which is why we cant see them.

Also black holes while quite small and could be a ship in size, they dont move so if they are warp drives how come they arnt flying all over the place?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

it was just a thought but what if the signs of a warp drive only show up from when a ship enter warp ???? then would seeing it not be static and not moving ?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

mrFMPerson
reply to post by Biigs

it was just a thought but what if the signs of a warp drive only show up from when a ship enter warp ???? then would seeing it not be static and not moving ?

Since a warp drive is to accelerate to the speed of light to technically "freeze time" while you move at the speed of light, you would be simply moving too fast for any light to be given of that an external observer could detect, if anything a ship in warp may give of a tiny flash as any light reflected off landed just right. like dust in a ray of sun shine coming through the curtains in the morning, only just one speck

Of course this is just from what i have read and a heavy dose of sci-fi. Simply my opinion. Saying that i disagree with you, explained why i thought you were wrong then offered up another.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

thanks for explaining, it the entire reason i started the thread to learn more about it and get a conversation going on about it

it intresting that there would only be a spec of light for a moment

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

mrFMPerson
if a black hole pulls in space and time and matter and we notice a black hole but the gravity around it being pulled in
then in theory could that not be a alien craft using a wrap drive in space?

It takes too much power. What you would basically have to do is have enough power to manipulate two black holes in close proximity to each other. That's a lot. Like the power of an entire galaxy.

More likely, the aliens would use some kind of consciousness amplifying device such that they are able to "manifest" themselves into our reality without having to bend and distort massive amounts of physical spacetime. We really don't have a good theoretical basis or vocabulary for something like that, however. Our understanding of the true, wider nature of reality is still extremely limited. We can't measure things we don't understand, and vice-versa.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You could create "some sort of gravity well" in front of you and get it to drag you along on a constant wave, sort of like a wave rider machine.

The stronger the gravity well and the ships ability to take it, the faster you can go.

If that means generating a black hole then yes that could work, but it would be extremely small in comparison to the galactic ones we can see via detection using the gravitational lensing effect of light coming from behind it.

Also if it grew out of control then youd be smushed. So thats pretty bad.

Warp ideas involve creating a bubble of normal space around you and bending the space in front towards you and the space behind you further away at the same time. If you could do this then you wouldnt have to wait ages to accelerate like a gravity well would.

top topics

join