It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS been hacked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just had a weird experience. Came onto ATS as a guest and every link I clicked in UFOs and Aliens redirected me to an "Adobe" download page on a URL that prompted me via a javaScript alert to download the latest version of Flash Player. The URL was quite close but not quite Adobe.com. Logged in and the problem is gone. If there are any code differences between a guest rendering and a logged on user (apart from CSS), I'd have a look and see what's going on.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Nope, not hacked...

See This

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

It's just a known Java exploit making it's round around the internet.

I've had it a few times while browsing, logged in and logged out.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This has been going on with me for over 2 weeks ..There has been some threads on it on how to fix it ..I think its a browser issue but I cant say for sure ...good luck because it has followed me all around the web ..

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
adobe does do updates...just make sure you go to their secure site to download it...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I haven't got this on any other site I've visited, only here, hence why I've reported it.

I'll log off and see what the hyperlinks are saying.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Right it is definitely ATS. You get it as soon as you hit the login screen as a guest after logging out or on threads you click as a guest. Login and you don't have the problem. If this was client side malware, man in the middle or a virus, being logged in to ATS would make jack difference to turning it on/off. Someone is injecting javaScript into the guest screen display. IMHO

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This damn thing has also popped up on popular political and religious websites too,just a reminder for flash,microsoft,java whatever if you want an update go to the company website and do it there.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I thought for a while that the same thing had happened as I had the same experience, try downloading Malwarebytes trial and running it, I found several problems even Bullguard security had missed and it fixed the problem for me.
Just google or bing Malwarebytes for a free trial or try a deep scan with your anti virus but some malware can evade virus checkers.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

LABTECH767

I thought for a while that the same thing had happened as I had the same experience, try downloading Malwarebytes trial and running it, I found several problems even Bullguard security had missed and it fixed the problem for me.
Just google or bing Malwarebytes for a free trial or try a deep scan with your anti virus but some malware can evade virus checkers.

Cheers...I'll run a scan, but my gut instinct is that one of the adverts that guests get has somehow managed to find a way of escaping the X domain policy browsers use.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey there. Yes, there is an outside problem popping up due to a java flaw that can mess up your computer if you click it. Dont. If your ADOBE has a needed update ( yes, I create PDF's for a newsletter so I'd assume I prob need it if it pops up)...go to the net and search 1st.

There have been huge issues of late with that thing. Good luck! MS

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The problem only appears when using Internet Explorer (IE10 in this case). I've tried to replicate it with other browsers and they all run fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Interesting that you say its only been happening with IE10 for you.

Chrome seems to fair better than others but I've notice it hitting Safari and Android as well. Have had a few persons ask me about this week.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I have said this before, ATS mods say that they have no yuckies!!!

However, I knew a girl who had yuckies and she denied that categorically too.

It only happens on ATS but it is not ATS...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Why I run adblock and no script, so I can browse in peace without being tracked since ats uses tracking based ads.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Pinke

Interesting that you say its only been happening with IE10 for you.

Chrome seems to fair better than others but I've notice it hitting Safari and Android as well. Have had a few persons ask me about this week.

I've just tested this again and the problem has now gone. Hey-ho

new topics

top topics

join