It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange The Pope visits Nativity reenactment with a goat on his shoulders?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ummmm, Is that not a lamb?
edit on 7/1/14 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I didn't consider the sex of the lamb as important symbology, although that is a very real possibility and question.

They really look alike and share a lot of characteristics except their grazing habit and genetic linkage.

To be completely honest I don't think the animal would really mean as much as the symbolism in this case..no matter the breed or sex....it's the symbolic return to the fold or prodigal son parable to my view point in this instance

I like the way your mind works concerning this ...,

Cheers

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well let's see, what does it say? Did he come with the draperage on him? No.

A group of ‘shepherds’ also placed a young lamb on the Pope’s shoulders as children sang Christmas songs and presented the Pope with a bunch of roses.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I also find it difficult to grasp why goats have this namegiven within the bible but their are many things I don't fully understand , I always give it my own perception of it. And that's what most of us do I think ?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Try to look at it as a parable about a species that looks like one kind and is in fact two...and the separation, then all you are left with is a moving over or bridging of the gap....or a direct choice depending on the viewer and the image gets a bit clearer.

It's no wonder that some of the parables are powerful visualization cues, it's our nature to draw conclusions....from the abstract.....

Cheers

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All I see is braised rack of lamb with a nice rosemary honey glaze. And the leader of the apostate church.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Had goats for a while, great big huge ones. Ate the tyvek off our garage before we could get the siding on. Ate the bark off fir trees even. Apparently buildings do taste good to them, you're so right.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
as someone who lives on a farm where I have both seen sheep born, and have sluaghtered lambs for meat I can tell you it is in fact a lamb and not a goat. If I had to guess the breed I would say St. Croix or Katadan. Short haired sheep

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Mutton. Goats. Sheeps. Lambs. Baby lambs="kids".

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Baby goat= kid.

Baby sheep= lamb.

Mutton is the meat of mature lamb.

Mature goat meat is also called Mutton or Chevon.

edit on 7-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: s

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Yep! I knew that. Still odd riding on His Holiness's shoulders!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The Baphomet thing refers to something in Judaism and Christianity. Actually it doesn't even have to be Satan related. Crap loads of phrases in the English language actually have their roots in the Bible. Like the phrase the writing on the wall comes from Daniel. To babel on an on comes from the Tower of Babel story where God confounded everyone's language and so on.

Another one is the term scapegoat. Yes the concept of a scapegoat originally comes from the Bible as well.
Wikipedia - Scapegoat

In the Old Testament they sent a goat out into the wilderness and it was said to have everyone's sin put upon it. It was the scapegoat for everyone's sin.

So not only are lambs important in Judaism and Christianity but goats are as well.
edit on 8-1-2014 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Maresy dotes an
Dosey dotes an
Little lambsey divey
A kiddley divey too,

wouldn't you?

Mares eat oats and
Does eat oats and
Little lambs eat ivy,
A kid'll eat ivy, too,
wouldn't you?

edit on 1/8/14 by wildtimes because: YAY for new emoticons!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join