It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014 new Smilies - what's your favorite one?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

intrepid

Stormdancer777
Honestly, I still don't like them, I am sorry.

What am I missing here?

How is this hail?

That's a medal.

These are much better than the green boogers. Thanks S.O.

oh a medal, I see.

I will say they are better.

ha

edit on 013131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Seen green, orange and yellow in last hour or two. I like yellow the best. (But they're still ugly compared to the classic ones.)
edit: OK, now white, but that may be best, blends in more.

edit on 8-1-2014 by toidiem because: white

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Yay!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
hey mine aint yellow

are they

I guess they are

edit on 023131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

now they are not

testing

this is a monkey?
Who knew?

testing

edit on 023131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Apparently they're rotating (see previous pg). I wonder though if that rotating color is just for testing or permanent.

edit: I think maybe they should try pale green that matches the rest of the theme (e.g. link, edit, quote, reply, favorite, etc.)
edit on 8-1-2014 by toidiem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While finally the final product is here, I still like the old ones, this ones while "cute" I still don't like them much.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

toidiem
Apparently they're rotating (see previous pg). I wonder though if that rotating color is just for testing or permanent.

They are messing with our heads

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Step away from the keyboard and get some air.
You're having way too much fun with those smileys

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Step away from the keyboard and get some air.
You're having way too much fun with those smileys

I was indeed.

this is wow

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 033131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit! I knew I could contact a Mod other ways, but I always thought that Board Business & Questions was the place for that? Does that mean it's only random fluke that a Mod reads these threads here? Must admit that that seems a little disheartening.

I could have sworn that was a Bunny! But now I know its a medal I can see it. This is the problem, they are just.... So one dimentional. And this new random colour change is not helping, because our eyes and brain make road-maps to help find information. So when trying to find something a member said on a previous page, your brain might remember it had the New Zealander guy doing the Haka
so your eyes might be scanning for three "green" Haka men, but the next time the page loads it's orange Haka dance this time! It's clever to mess about with the appearance of someones post, but this will get irritating as all heck over time. It probably just highlights the smilies more than anything...

Edit.. Ok, its not Haka men
thats barfing! Or maybe it's Uncle Fester??
edit on 8-1-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ahaha
as it's me
I love them all!!!
They're soooo unique
Really, the old ones and the current one's they're very different i have to admit then anywhere else on the internet that i've so far seen

So yea not bad

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Well, I hate folks to think mods don't read these forums and that's certainly not the case. They are certainly read. Now who replies to which things that come up is a whole different matter. Sometimes that's a major factor in how or how quickly something sees a response.

The quickest way is always to just drop a note to Complaints/Suggestions and then there is just no question about it being seen by many.

I know the Board forum is checked often though because helping folks is the fun part of Mod stuff...and we all like the fun parts.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Nixon's the One

I like the green over black design.

But the "uzi" looks like a bomb!

And i think these ones should be reserved for moderators.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'd never sign onto or be a part of such chicanery. Nope.

Well, I ain't buying it. You've just admitted that you are part of the Chicago mob scene. (see above) Typical story.

We are on to you and your nefarious schemes.

(I haven't used nefarious in some time so I just had to.)

Rmember, everytime you go out...we're watching you.

You just don't know that we are watching the watchers.

OK, what gives, why are yours cute and mine all black with ugly yellow and red insides. I like yours better!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wowsers. I kinda feel like if been given 'shush up' treatment.
It could be pure coincidence of course...
But my slightly t&c breaking avatar background got removed. I've had it for months, I even had run it over with some senior figures here who seemed sort of ok with it because it was a very subtle effect. Anyway, I can't complain really about it since it was indeed t&c breaking technically.
But it's odd that its been ok for so long until I started to get vocal about the smilies! Gah. (telling myself its not a conspiracy)

I tried to be tackful about it too, offering to help with making a new set, asking genuine queries about them to understand better why it was chosen this way (all unanswered so far). And I do respect you saying to contact them directly, but there's 5 pages here of other users who might be interested in the answers rather than a private conversation I have with them. I honestly am not trying to tread on toes..

First time I kind of feel hard done by here on ats in years. Even I'm mad at myself because it's over bloomin smilies for gods sake!
(just for openess and transparency, here was my offending background. It is of course completely possible it's coincedental)

Oh well. (btw, I'm sure it wasn't you as you can't mod in threads you participate in, could have been another random user who notified *name of mod with-held as its unimportant, they are doing their job of course*.

Anyways... *le sigh* Time for a beer and i don't even drink!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Unity_99
OK, what gives, why are yours cute and mine all black with ugly yellow and red insides. I like yours better!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sure Beats the new ATS Fuku smilies!

PS. This is what I have named them since they all seem so exposed to radiation... seriously. laughing out loud is laying down on the job, you just cant really think anything else about the color and the fact they are dead... or near to it.
edit on 10-1-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

The new smiles are a nicer upgrade from the other smiles that used to look like they were wearing offset green hats

It was not a big issue so I didn't complain for 1 knows it takes much to provide a access point for "many" curious intelligent minds to interact for better EA*RTH purposes
It just shows the compassion associated with ATS and its members which is nice to see. Gives the site a extra edge when interacting here as opposed to elsewhere similar when you sense its not just about the commercial value and there IS something to the rabbit whole that turns to a snake whole eventually
With that keep up the good work assisting those past present & future members to come.

Anyone know which smiles are used to pick out the hoax from truth UFO images videos, so the threads can gain or remain focused as new input is made. At times its hard to tell which are for psyops hoax induced and psyops response evaluations induced. Maybe the ufo would =swamp gas but the Chinese lantern would = actual ufo it would lower filtering process and of course different smiles would be used

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The new smileys are ghastly and awful, they have no personality and are bland.
They look like they're from the 80's, I know retro is cool these days but come on, they're awful.
Perhaps the aim is to stop people using emoticons entirely? If that's the case then just remove them, don't give us terrible smileys.
edit on 19-1-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join