It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Largest Sunspot in 12 Years, Targets Earth' X1.2+

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

its from spot 1943 in conjunction with spot 1944. X 1.2 flare with a coronal mass ejection heading straight for us. Due to get hit by the 9th and last almost all day.

GET YOUR SUNTAN LOTION READY!!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

rickymouse
I just bought six cans of spam for ten bucks at the store. Now I can start spamming everyone.

I guess I am getting prepped without even knowing it. I like fried spam sondwiches on toast occasionally, I got till 2017 before the expiration date.

What the heck are these new emoticans, you just get used to them and they change them.

Ewe yummy!

Advanced meat recovery (AMR) is a slaughterhouse deboning process by which the last traces of skeletal muscle meat are removed from animal bones after the primal cuts have been carved off manually.

Over 300 calories, almost no vitamins 57% of daily sodium all in one little serving yum

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Rosinitiate
I wonder if that's why I feel like crap today....

I guess it could be I have been also but I didn't realize it could affect us like that. We also had the tsunami warning whistles go off this morning (CA) I have no idea why, I could find nothing except the quake in Vanuatu Islands which had no tsunami warning.

Suspicious0bservers2 hours ago

SPACEWEATHER SENSITIVITY STATEMENT: Headaches, heart attacks, seizures, strokes, and more have been associated by some with significant space weather events. * An X Class Solar Flare has occurred directly facing earth. The CME is not 'doom' but relevant on geomagnetic levels, and especially because our proton surge is going back up - we could be at a LEVEL TWO storm within minutes. Minutes. Be safe everyone.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Pure gelatinous pink slime.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
so this is it, the end of humanity ? right?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

nrd101
so this is it, the end of humanity ? right?

You wishen?
it is a "moderate" flare, but there may be more to come from that big one!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
^Interesting theories. I dunno if its possible, wheres some evidence?

Im not sure what they're talking about todays flare being a 12hr event for Japan..

Interesting developments already this year

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is a great little tool.
Shows the CME's propagation across the solar system.

iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Thank you!

I get to use this one!...

Rainbows
Janw

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Meh X-1 flares are so common per month during a typical Solar Max that it is not even attention-worthy. I'll be getting the popcorn only after an X-flare that is bigger than March 2012's X 5.4 flare happens

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Daver2056

its from spot 1943 in conjunction with spot 1944. X 1.2 flare with a coronal mass ejection heading straight for us. Due to get hit by the 9th and last almost all day.

exactly what i wanted to know and hoped to find in this thread, thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Daver2056

Fine...just fine...I knew there was something up, which is why I logged in to check. I'm having palpitations already and it's not even here yet.
Anyone else feel anything, or is it just me?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

caitlinfae

Daver2056

Fine...just fine...I knew there was something up, which is why I logged in to check. I'm having palpitations already and it's not even here yet.
Anyone else feel anything, or is it just me?

Yeah I stayed home with a head cold does that count? I was hopping to get a view of the sun instead we have snow...

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well my cell service sucks this morning, and my interweb (wifi) is being almost useless....logging on here was such a pain.
Related...I'd guess yes.

What a bummer to be so reliant on such fragile infrastructure....I want my landline back!!!

yay new emo's

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Headache and my heart rate keeps changing... speeds up for no reason, then slows back down. Think that's related?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hey folks.

Although the individual events aren't particularly noteworthy [we've seen bigger], should we be concerned about the frequency? A couple X1s aren't a big deal, but is there any cumulative/catalytic issues we could see? Say we get smacked with an couple flares a day for a week.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tinyDAWK

That's kinda interesting...that's exactly what it feels like. I'm still having weird palpitation like symptoms. Oddly enough, I had yet another docs appointment yesterday to follow up on my 24 hour heart monitor session from 2 weeks ago, just to find out what's going on. Yesterday was the first day in weeks the pattern was really noticeable, which is a little coincidental. I have a weirdly irregular heartbeat, with lots of ectopic beats, and may have to see a cardiologist to verify it's nothing more sinister...everything else is absolutely fine, so I'm hoping just to put it down to me being a bit odd. This is maybe the third time I've noticed it matching an uptick in solar activity. Something triggers it...it's just hard pinning down what.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

We don't have snow yet...Scotland in January and no snow.
It's a sunny day and almost warm. Very strange. I'm not sure there is any link between solar activity and man flu...sorry, a head cold...but I could be wrong!
I hope you feel better today. I'm also hoping for Northern Lights tonight if the sky is clear.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

This isn't really that big, In late October 2003, a series of large solar flares occurred. A X17.2-class flare ejected on 28 October 2003 resulted in auroras visible as far south as Florida and Texas.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

MCL1150
reply to post by gardener

This isn't really that big, In late October 2003, a series of large solar flares occurred. A X17.2-class flare ejected on 28 October 2003 resulted in auroras visible as far south as Florida and Texas.

What really sucks for me is whenever we seem to get a great aurora producing large CME, it's cloudy where ever I am and my camera does not get anything for the show....above the clouds!

Has happened to me is seems every time we get a show like we did in 2003!

Oh, and for my fellow Canadians, here is a link to the Canadian space weather forecast by region.

spaceweather.ca by region
edit on 1/11/2014 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join