It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I get torn apart for having Right-winged ideas?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I do not usually come out and identify myself with a political affiliation but as for this rant, it seems more appropriate. People of my generation seem to believe far-left/liberal is the only way to go, and while that may seem like an over-generalization, the majority of people I have randomly ran into are such. Now I do not mind someone elses political affiliation, their are meant to be different beliefs, different ideas, checks and balances in the mix, that IS what America is... But with people who talk so much about equality, why am I treated like crap?

For the record, I do not have any extreme " anti " stances, nor do I cram my ideas onto someone else, I am pretty passive overall, but do enjoy talking to people intelligently about politics. Unfortunately, when I try to rationally explain how I am more right-wing in some of my thinking, I get beaten down, as if I don't deserve a voice.

Anyways, this post probably does not make sense as I should have gone to sleep hours ago, just needed somewhere to type.

-Me.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Left hates right.
Right hates left.
Seems fair.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deadlyhope

Because left-wing politics is a religion, so anybody who disagrees with them is necessarily on the side of evil.
That works in the UK too.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Jefferton
Left hates right.
Right hates left.
Seems fair.

I don't hate the left, not at all. Actually older people than myself that are on the left, I get along with just fine, it seems to be my generation that gives me the hate.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Actually older people than myself that are on the left, I get along with just fine, it seems to be my generation that gives me the hate.

From my experience in life (im 26 at the moment), the vast majority of friends that were left/far left, tend to turn lean more right wing as they get older.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

buni11687

Actually older people than myself that are on the left, I get along with just fine, it seems to be my generation that gives me the hate.

From my experience in life (im 26 at the moment), the vast majority of friends that were left/far left, tend to turn lean more right wing as they get older.

"If you are 20 and not a liberal you have no heart, if you are 30 and not a conservative you have no brain."

Haha, reminds me of this quote. Not one I particularly agree with, plenty of people on both sides have good intentions, and are intelligent, at all ages. I'm often told I'm heartless for agreeing with some republican ideas, but oh well.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Dont worry OP, i lean more to the right than the left and this has changed as i've got older, as poster above says about liberal in 20's etc.

Some of my friends have a hard time understanding this, and from personal experience, it depends on how the state interacts with you and vice versa. This may only be a generalisation, but those that take from the state lean left and those that dont lean right, hhmm is there a pattern ?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

But with people who talk so much about equality, why am I treated like crap?

People on the left would say the same thing. Sadly, it's not about political affiliation or even ideologies. It's about being a douche.

There are liberal and conservative douches.

Live and let live should be something universal. Both sides have policies or push ideologies on to other people and that's where the line is crossed. You don't give a rats ass what someone does in another country, heck, probably even another state, and for some, another town. Yet, everyone seems to think one person's actions in their country is going to make their world implode if it doesn't fit in with their personal ideologies.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

boncho

But with people who talk so much about equality, why am I treated like crap?

People on the left would say the same thing. Sadly, it's not about political affiliation or even ideologies. It's about being a douche.

There are liberal and conservative douches.

Completely agree. The difference is that most liberals claim to be all about "open mindedness" and equality, but really only accept people who think exactly like they do.

Conservatives tend to be more likely to just admit they have a specific set of beliefs they think is right.

Really don't like either party.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
its ats you get torn no matter what you say

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I see a lot more bashing of the 'left' on ATS. More so past few years. Back at the start conspiracy theory was actually the focal point, now it's left vs right rants.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I dont understand the left/right thing

Is it like being in a religion where theres a book that tells you what to think and what to do?

Why associate yourself with any dogma? why not just express your thoughts and opinions without boxing yourself into some sort of defining system?

Im not right or left but I get bashed regularly, but then again I do a fair bit of bashing myself, I assume your the same

edit on 7/1/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
I see a lot more bashing of the 'left' on ATS. More so past few years. Back at the start conspiracy theory was actually the focal point, now it's left vs right rants.

This is very true, ATS is mostly politics and religion these days. Pretty boring...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The sooner we stop identifying each other as "left" or "right" and start approaching our efforts as humans, the better.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You're not allowed to have an opinion anymore, haven't you heard?
Having an opinion can lead to being called an anti-semite, neo nazi caveman.

You've gotta love these militant liberals.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The new generation sees right wing ideologies as archaic and backwards. So anyone with any right wing attitude is shot down in this era.

Im mostly am liberal leaning but i do have some conservative ideologies.

The quote about.. when you are young you are liberal and when you are old you are conservative sounds like... you get selfish as you grow older lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Jefferton
Left hates right.
Right hates left.
Seems fair.

I have a lot of right wing views. I have a few left wing views.

I hate no one. Hate is the reason we can't find common ground.
Hate is the reason we can't get our house in order.
Hate will eventually be the reason we collapse.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Progressives/Liberals are open to new ideas and believe the ideal state has yet to be achieved, conservatives pick a past state and declare it ideal. I laugh when conservatives argue about which past state was ideal. Was it 50 years ago or 300 or 700? ROLMFAO. Talk to the Taliban about how conservative you are, I dare you.

Conservatives have been on the losing side of every issue for the last 2000 years:

The teachings of Christ vs the rabbis of the temple
blasphemy punished by death
Marriage for love instead of arranged marriage
slavery
civil rights
women voting
women in the workplace
women driving
women holding office
interracial marriage
supply side economics
banking deregulation
Glen Beck being sincere.

I might not be considering everything though, so if you have some examples of conservatives being correct. I'd be open to hearing that new information.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
People from both political ends cop a lot of flack due to the opinions and actions of Extremists from either side. Until Extremists are removed from their position of power and influence, their presence will cloud yours.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Most people are coming from a state of emotion. Emotions says that if you disagree with something that makes them feel good about themselves, you must be a rotten, no good, very bad, evil person.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join