It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago gun ban ruled unconstitutional by federal judge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

snarky412
reply to post by six67seven

Glad to see a judge stand up for the people and not be influenced by TPTB

Ban guns or not, the gang-bangers will always have guns

They can pass as many gun laws as they like, it won't stop the criminals from doing what they do
It only hampers the innocent law abiding citizens

Chicago has the strictest gun laws around and yet the highest gun crimes
Why????
Because the thugs don't go by our rules or regulations...they live in their own world, a dark world with their own rules
They thumb their nose at the law and every thing that it stands for

edit on 6-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

And how do the criminals get guns? From legal buys and manufacturers.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So, what about the law about not stealing?

Guess laws don't keep criminal in check. They seem to do what they want, regardless how illegal something is.

Seems that we need more laws then, huh.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
He must have not gotten the memo - score 1 for the 2nd amendment.
The peace keeper.

Second Amendment
Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Chicago has a very bloated and scarce resource system with regard to pursuing the major aspects of illegal weapons and criminals in the city. Also, there is an immense amount of inequality economically and socially which lends to the immense amount of criminal behavior in Chicago.

There are some hard working and very dedicated people in Chicago Law Enforcement. They give it there all but they are limited by a lack of resources and support there. There is also a serious opposition in correlation to corruption that causes most of these issues within the very core of the political, economical and social status in Chicago.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Flint2011

There are some hard working and very dedicated people in Chicago Law Enforcement. They give it there all but they are limited by a lack of resources and support there.

More reason to restore power to their citizens by reversing the gun ban.

Is that what you're getting at?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I was raised in Chicago, the South Side by the Indiana Border, I spend my time in Indiana and Chicago, My parents live in Indiana. They move to Indiana because of the bad neighborhood I grew up in.

I want to address something that I have heard from some people before, about how "gang bangers only shoot other gang bangers" "Gang bangers don't attack non-gang bangers" that is only partly true, you have to understand though, gang bangers go around disrespecting people and getting away with it because the unarmed citizen is aware that they carry guns, and the gang bangers know that everyone will not dare try and stand up to them because everyone is disarmed. Now with these laws changing, I see a more civilized Chicago in the making.

I also wanted to point out (being "part Hoosier") an excellent law that the State of Indiana has passed, the Indiana "Castle Doctrine"; Public Servants (that includes Police) are not exempt from you using "reasonable" force to expel an intruder, if they illegally come in guns a blazing then you can blaze right back. But it has to be made clear that if they just push the door open and try to walk in, you can stop them, doesn't mean you can flat out shoot them lol

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A win for us free people!

About time I might add.

Anyone remember when Jesse Jackson's wife pulled a handgun on him after finding out he was nailing someone else? Why wasn't the possession of a handgun "crime" pursue against her?

Derek

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

And how do the criminals get guns? From legal buys and manufacturers.

Seriously???

They buy them off the street corner from one of their homies.......not a retail store.
In other words, no record of transactions, the guns are probably stolen with the serial number scratched off
Cash in exchange for a gun, slip it into the wast band and off they go
If they have to toss the gun, they go back to their homie and by another illegal gun ...the process continues

Gun laws and regulations do nothing for the criminals at large, never has never will

I don't own a gun but if I lived in a city like Chicago, which is crime ridden, I would definitely invest in protection via a gun

----------

Off Topic: just noticed new emoticons...glad to have the 'thumbs up' and down guys back
Still not sure about the rest of them....

edit on 7-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

snarky412

Glad to see a judge stand up for the people and not be influenced by TPTB

Ban guns or not, the gang-bangers will always have guns

They can pass as many gun laws as they like, it won't stop the criminals from doing what they do
It only hampers the innocent law abiding citizens

Chicago has the strictest gun laws around and yet the highest gun crimes
Why????
Because the thugs don't go by our rules or regulations...they live in their own world, a dark world with their own rules
They thumb their nose at the law and every thing that it stands for

edit on 6-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

You hit it spot on! "They can pass as many gun laws as they like, it won't stop the criminals from doing what they do It only hampers the innocent law abiding citizens." It still amazes me how inexplicably daft and hypocritical the liberal left is. ESPECIALLY when it comes to the topic of having the right to bear arms. All a person has to do is educate themselves on statistical information regarding area's of which the populace has a very high number whom own and carry firearms and the percentage of homicides, rape, and general crime drop exponentially. Then the percentage of area's that are the opposite and the general populace aren't able to carry and/or own firearms due to gun control. The statistics are staggering in how much higher the crime rate becomes.

Anyone whom has an IQ over 75 can see logically. Logic dictates that a criminal seeks out the weak and/or targets of which present the least resistance when initiating their crime. Heck, my 11 year old son (and any child could figure this out). I also work in Law Enforcement and have been in the Military my entire adult life, so I am privy to the statistics and unfiltered information presented by studies completed on these subjects.

I want to add one more thing: I have a VERY high security clearance within the D.O.D. due to my current position within the Federal Government and I have to warn every person here. There is a reason why our Government and the Liberal's following suit, are trying desperately to abolish the 2nd amendment. If any of you are NOT currently prepping for a worst case scenario, I truly suggest you start.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Nixie_nox said: And how do the criminals get guns? From legal buys and manufacturers.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This website keeps tabs on crime in Chicago...

HeyJackass! - Illustrating Chicago Values

There was over 10,000 robberies using weapons in 2013, about half were with guns.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Maybe the crime rate will go down now.

Chicago is a cesspool.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Crazy gun nutters are killing people left and right these days. The NYPD and the US Army with twitchy fingers are dropping people dead left and right on a whim using full-auto large magazine assault rifles and handguns. Yet the actual firearms abusers I'm told should have strong gun rights, but normal people and private militia members are should have the weakest gun rights. Hope in today's governments is blind faith in unequal rights.

Truly equal rights solves almost all of today's major political conflicts.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Freenrgy2

Maybe the crime rate will go down now.

Chicago is a cesspool.

True that...but it is still a great town!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Not that you could get 100% of people to agree on anything, but if everyone agreed to sacrificing a baby to some fire god every time the weather got bad, means that nobody is objecting. If nobody objects to what everyone wants, then you have the power to do anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't know what everyone's problem is with Chicago, but its pissing me off. Enough with all the negativity. I'm 18 years old and I live in the very heart of all this crap. I've seen people get killed with my OWN EYES. I've had the misfortune of being in the same room with some of the most ignorant kids of my generation and their mindset is just ludicrous. They literally carry guns and shoot at anybody who even slightly disagrees with them. I'm happy with the decision they've made on the gun laws, because honestly, if everybody doesn't have their own protection, in this city your just another target. I'm getting a gun LEGALLY as soon as possible, because walking two blocks to a candy store shouldn't scare the hell out of me. Most of the killings you see on the MSM, which I haven't even watched since my freshman year of high school, are gang related. The crime rate in Chicago is at its lowest right now, so please just let it be. No more negativity.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Rychwebo

Not that you could get 100% of people to agree on anything, but if everyone agreed to sacrificing a baby to some fire god every time the weather got bad, means that nobody is objecting. If nobody objects to what everyone wants, then you have the power to do anything.

Agreed and that is the point of the post. First, 100% of people will never agree on anything (except certain polling places in the 2012 elections apparently) and secondly, it was to highlight that we are not a "rule by mob" Government, we are in total a Constitutional Republic, with each state having a republican form of government.

In such, if the People of any given State wish to cede any of their powers and/or Rights, they must do so via an amendment to their constitutions. Otherwise it is just legislation and legislation is not evidence of Law.

I was merely calling out the same as you in my response, that being the "100%" that was used.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The nomos and the logos are the same to most people, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I have never agreed with the Gun Ban in Chicago. Conceal & Carry permits are coming as well for lawful citizens there. Now if the Corrupt turds in Springfield would put more resources towards Gang related crimes and what not then things could be much better. Law Enforcement need the ability and resources to get illegal guns off the street as quickly as possible and banning weapons was not the method for the city to use.
edit on 1-10-2014 by Flint2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I guess this is what's got the libs all perturbed about guns in the last couple of weeks. You can always tell when there's some kind of noise going on about guns because libs start coming out of the woodwork posting sad stories about accidents involving kids and guns or some shooting somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join