It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

TheOneElectric
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Behead those who insult ICE CREAM

Chocolate chip cookie dough.

Word.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
deux post
edit on 6-1-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I know a real good place he could put his "offendedness" and it is the same place I would have told him to put the ice cream cone he was offended by.

BK only has themselves to blame for "hopping to" when the man screamed "jihad". I wish these companies would grow a pair and stop bowing down to every single person who claims offense at anything. It's a little out of control.

No worries even if it depicted the crucifixion they wouldn't change it or at least not for awhile...lol

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Thanks for the thumbs up.. If anyone tries to fly a plane into my ice cream I will be ready.. In reality it looks like some peeps have got nothing better to do.. I think God would be more offended by mass starvation and war than an ice cream...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

A long while no doubt. That seems to be one of the only things you can get by with these days.
edit on 1/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

i persomally would have told him if he didn't like it leave nobody was forcing him to eat it.
and why do muslims think anybody needs to listen to them what makes them so special the threat of jihad . seriously i believe if their great Mohammad was alive today and heard this man threatning a jihad over the lid on a nutty buddy he would probably have him whipped like a cur.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I think He'd be more offended that His creation is chopping people's heads off and acting like petulant, ill-mannered children throwing temper tantrums everytime they don't get their way. Somebody needs to be the adult in this world, in businesses, in politics and tell them they don't get their way in every little thing and that the world does not revolve around them. Maybe a major time out in the corner, too.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It’s pretty pathetic of Burger Thing to waste perfectly good ice cream, just because of the label on it. They should have given it to the poor, like the (up to) 53% of Muslim me out of work
www.freerepublic.com...

Just think: If a suicide bomber came in, and blow himself up, they could use the resulting mess in their burgers!!!

Seriously: Never let a Double Whopper cool down (the flavourings stop working properly, so you get to taste what it really tastes like –or at least half way).

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So this offended Muslim says he is going to Jihad against BK and he is still walking the streets? Calling for Jihad is terrorism, he has literally called for a holy war on BK. Round him up, charge him with promoting terrorism and deport him to a nice place called Gitmo. I'm sure he will enjoy his stay and the activities there as he will have plenty of time to contemplate how an ice cream lid was NOT offensive when not engaged in their interesting activities.

After sending him off on holiday to Gitmo, inform the Muslim community that being offended and calling for Jihad will get you the same holiday package. For those Muslims that are unhappy with western culture and its ways and laws, then deport them to the ME where they can be happy in that culture and under Sharia Law.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

That could have been a possibility however I think you missed the part explaining this didn't happen in the US.

lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I hope they aren't linked to Hillary's and Obama's Muslim brotherhood friends,... That would sure be embarrassing for America.. /sarcasm
edit on 6-1-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Mmmm...sacrilicious.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

A Muslim threatening Jihad over something idiotic and trivial? Say it ain't so! Haha, I know a place that won't upset his sensitivities, it's called the hell hole(s) they created back in the Islamic countries they claim to seek refuge from. I recommend moving there as it sounds he has a lot in common with the dictators.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Wasn't the site that this story originated from
banned by ATS just a bit ago for being biased ? ?
Lol

Any who,
burger king burgers would offend any
normal persons taste buds. How anyone
could eat that is beyond me, it's not
real food to begin with.

edit on 7/1/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Wasn't the site that this story originated from
banned by ATS just a bit ago for being biased ? ?

I don't think so.. I just now looked at some of their other stories and they seem to be just a regular news outlet.

I could be wrong about them anyway the story has run on a few other news outlets.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This, uh..

This happened in 2005, guys.

WTG

- zS
edit on 7-1-2014 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

zanysami
This, uh..

This happened in 2005, guys.

WTG

- zS
edit on 7-1-2014 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

Now that was the funny part.
I checked, it's apparently so.

That happens a lot around here.
Good eyes.

Here is the Wiki on it: Burger King Legal Issues

An issue of a religious nature arose in 2005 in the United Kingdom when Burger King introduced a new prepackaged ice cream product; the label of the product included a silhouette of the ice cream that when rotated on its side bore a resemblance to the Islamic inscription for God, Allah (الله). When a British Muslim named Rashad Akhtar, a resident of the community of High Wycombe, was presented with the ice cream cone in a Park Royal Burger King restaurant, he noticed the resemblance and became angered at what he felt was an offense to the Islamic faith.[56] After being informed of the likeness, the local Islamic group Muslim Council of Britain pointed out the issue of the possible interpretation to Burger King and its relevance to Shariah, the Muslim version of canon law which governs the lives of members of the Islamic faith and carries the same weight as civil law in their belief structure. The company responded by voluntarily recalling the product and reissuing it with a new label.[57] The Muslim Council praised the company for its "sensitive and prompt action" in resolving the matter;[58] however, Akhtar was not satisfied with the company's withdrawal of the product.[56]

In response to the perceived blasphemy, Akhtar declared it was his personal jihad to find those responsible for the packaging and destroy their professional status, personal life and the UK as a whole for having a culture allowing the insult to occur.[56] This event, Akhtar's reaction and other similar issues with companies such as Nike and Unilever have been used by conservative political critics, such as James Joyner, claiming that western nations and organizations are kowtowing in too easily to Muslims' claims or threats and by commentators, including author Daniel C. Dennett, highlighting how factions of the Islamic faith gravitate towards iconoclasm.[59][60][61]

Rather than highlighting how Muslims gravitate towards iconoclasm, today it demonstrates how few of us check the date of events we discuss.
edit on 7-1-2014 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

That could have been a possibility however I think you missed the part explaining this didn't happen in the US.

Hadn't missed that part. Since the US and the UK are such good friends, why not share Gitmo? Where I live, if he mentioned Jihad, he would be lucky if he got sent to a reeducation center instead of a bullet. The Muslims here are rather quiet, as the government has no problem in eradicating them if they cause or if the government even thinks they will cause trouble.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zanysami

WOW ok.lol

I had received the link in an email and completely missed that.

HaHa good catch....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join