It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is something in the air.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Is it just me or have others noticed that this hyper-vigilant PC laden world is slightly starting to revert back to a more rational stance. I first noticed it when I thought the Robertson's were going to get lambasted over Phil's comments. Three four years ago they would have been devoured by the PC Police.

I have also noticed that here on ATS when the PC Police arrive on thread they are dismissed and logical thought is then discussed. I am not saying this is always the case. I am just saying that I see it more often these days. Hopefully a good sign of how the times are changing.

Just sharing an observation.

Happy New Year Folks!

-BC-
edit on 4-1-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: Sad Songs and Waltzes Aren't Selling This Year...

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Are you trying to say that smart people have had it with Stupid people, if thats the case, then I agree with you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

You raise an interesting point.

I don't know that things are changing now, but I do know they will change soon, because every age has its own zeitgeist, or mood.

And it's amazing how much has changed in only the last few years.

When I started my current nursing job in the mid 1990s, I walked into a tiny office full of cigarette smoke which no one batted an eyelid about, despite the fact that about half the staff didn't smoke.

Only one member of staff owned a mobile phone, which I was warned never to phone in case it bankrupted me.

Most of the residents in the home smoked freely indoors, even in their bedrooms, and no one was concerned that there might be a fire (and there never was).

There was far less paper work and bureaucracy than now, and less concern about what might go wrong. And, you know, everything chugged along just fine.

There were, tellingly, no risk assessments back then (I now spend a ridiculous amount of time dreaming up nightmare scenarios which aren't likely to ever happen, just so I can type out risk assessments for them...which no one will ever read except maybe the inspection team who insist I do lots of other equally pointless paperwork that no one will ever read except them. Maybe. One day).

I'm not saying it was all better back then, but it was far more relaxed (hell, I even used to enjoy my job and actually laughed...does anyone remember laughter?).

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
More and more people are seeking the truth and bother to bother, which is good.

A recent popular, very mainstream radio show here in the UK was edited by PJ Harvey which included a though for the day type speech on the truth and about how society is etc, it wasn't welcomed by certain factions but refreshing none the less.

Broadcast from 6am, the show also featured a series of poetry readings by actor Ralph Fiennes, including one by Shaker Aamer, the last British resident held in Guantanamo Bay.
A forecast was replaced by Tom Waits song Strange Weather, with music also from Joan Baez and New Zealand comedy duo Flight Of The Conchords.
Harvey’s programme also included another Thought for The Day from Dr Rowan Williams, delivered in the form of a poem.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... ads-Thought-Day-Ecuador-Embassy-bolt-hole.html#ixzz2pSyFukbQ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FutureThinker

Here, here.

The darkness of ignorance can not stand in the light of reason. Time to grab some coffee and burn the midnight oil. This awakening is very real and this insomniac, for one, is grateful for the company. We are the sun on the horizon and it's time to rise.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

Humanity makes wild swings between 2 extremes when it comes to culture/society. The "PC" crowd arose after the civil rights movement as a irrational swing to the other extreme. That was my parents generation, for the most part.

The generation that is now coming into influence in this country, the current middle agers, will represent the beginning of that swing back the other way. We will see if globalization stablizes it, or if we will see a new class of discriminated against people.

new topics

top topics

join