It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House ‘We the People’ petitions unanswered two years later

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The Obama administration has touted the White House website’s ‘We the People’ section as a powerful platform for the American public to petition their government. According to a new report, however, those solicitations are all too rarely acknowledged.

27 months later, an investigation conducted by federal technology site NextGov has revealed that many of the petitions that have met the criteria needed for a response have been long ignored by the administration — including at least one that’s been in limbo for over two years.

White House ‘We the People’ petitions unanswered two years later

In Obamas own words:

“When I ran for this office, I pledged to make government more open and accountable to its citizens”

Right, so what he actually meant was "f*ck the people who voted me in, they're suckers and we'll treat them as cattle, so that we can monitor everything they do and also ignore them as we see fit."

Is it true that whenever a politician makes a declaration on the campaign trail, they actually mean the opposite of what that declaration was?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

I understand where you're coming from.

But really, did anyone actually expect anything different from this administration? They are politicians after all.

What America needs to do is elect some random person to be President. Like Joe who rebuilds transmissions at the corner auto repair center. Or Debbie the regional manager for home depot.

In other words an actual human being.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
As they say actions speak louder than words - so does body language

OBAMA don't CARE - it's all an ACT!

edit on 3-1-2014 by Maluhia because: Posted wrong pic

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

27 months later, an investigation conducted by federal technology site NextGov has revealed that many of the petitions that have met the criteria needed for a response have been long ignored by the administration — including at least one that’s been in limbo for over two years.

Absolutely typical.

The entire Obama Administration is a sloppy schlock operation.

And I think they're a bit busy right now trying to shift blame for the ObamaCare boondoggle.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just for some quick perspective however

The White House has responded to 134 requests since Sept. 2011—or around five a month. But 30 petitions that surpassed the signature threshold still remain unanswered, including some that accumulated far more digital autographs than necessary.

So, 134 responses, 30 not.
Compared to the previous administration (or the one before that, and before that) where the petition response was zero.

We can view the 30 as failure, sure...we can also scream that the free cake we just got was only 2/3rds full...at least the other bakery owner didn't miss out on the 1/3rd (considering there was no free cake to begin with).

As far as the unanswered petitons. not saying they are all without merit, but using the source, lets check some out

When computer prodigy Aaron Swartz committed suicide last January amid a federal court case surrounding hacking charges, the prosecution was quickly condemned by many with allegations of prosecutorial overreach. Within days of his death a petition was launched asking Pres. Obama to remove from office Carmen Ortiz, the US attorney for Massachusetts who prosecuted Swartz. That petition was signed by more than double the 25,000 signatures it needed then, but the White House has stayed silent. A separate petition asking for the termination of Assistant US Attorney for Massachusetts Stephen Heymann also accumulated enough signatures for a response, but the White House remains quiet 11 months later.

Seems to me the answer was given..which is a simple no.
If you ask someone for a dollar, and they don't give you one, its not that they didn't answer you, they did by not giving you one.

Yes, I do think they should hit the 30 petitions, even if its simply a "nope" response to close it down. I am sure that will make everyone happy.
edit on 3-1-2014 by SaturnFX because: adjusted the example

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Apparently this administration isn't good with websites? A good lesson for the next administration that will be learned I hope!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The answers were all "no"!

I will not leave office!

The remaining unanswered were probably alien disclosure or actual golf scores for Emperor Obama.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Now now people, he's been on vacation... for 5 years. He only comes back when he needs to trash the constitution or kowtow to the multinational globalists or have a celebrity party. And golf he needs to keep up with his golf.

I can't believe people actually voted for this bozo a second time. With all his vacations and parties he doesn't have time for little things like "We the people."

edit on 265pm3838pm112014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wait did that one say termination of Assistant US Attorney for Massachusetts Stephen Heymann ....as in terminator terminated? like as in Arnold? Maybe a solid no would have been the best response there.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is this the thing that people used to request that the government build a Death Star?

If so, I can't blame them for not answering some of the requests, because it was an incredibly stupid idea to begin with. If you establish a "zero cost" entry point for something like this, people will fill it will all sorts of bollocks, "sign" every petition their Facebook friends post, and eventually it has no value, whatsoever.

A piece of advice -- if you want to get a response from a politician, write a letter. A real, honest to pete, piece of paper, written by hand and stuffed in an envelope, stamped and put in the post. To a politician, that's worth a hundred emails and a thousand signatures on an online petition, because you took the time to write it and the 50 cents to mail it, and that tells them that you're going to be a pain in the butt if they ignore you.

Online petitions are the worst way to get your voice heard.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum

Is it true that whenever a politician makes a declaration on the campaign trail, they actually mean the opposite of what that declaration was?

Actually, if you compare politics to the way every single woman talks, there is absolutely no doubts you will take every 'yes' as a 'no'.

I believe we should cherish and protect petitions and the legitimate rights they provide to us wholeheartdly. We shall not forget how useful our voices were against the original abusive Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA & PIPA). It is us that have the power and as long as we ignore that fact, we will suffer unjust consequences.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

In Obamas own words:

“When I ran for this office, I pledged to make government more open and accountable to its citizens”

Yes, we all know by now that Obama says one thing and does another
He just tells us what he thinks we want to hear, knowing he's full of BS

So if you take his statement from above and translate it into what his actions say/do, he really means:

"When I ran for office, I pledged to make government more vague and deceitful to its citizens"

edit on 4-1-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

amazing
Apparently this administration isn't good with websites? A good lesson for the next administration that will be learned I hope!

You think the GW Bush administration was any different? they are all the same.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You think the GW Bush administration was any different?

I sure as Hell do!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

BenReclused

You think the GW Bush administration was any different?

I sure as Hell do!

See ya,
Milt

Then you must surely missed GW Bush wars then if we gain another Bush expect an War On Iran then Syria and finally Russia, sounds like we have Bush fans here.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't know, but if they can find time to answer the petition about building the Death Star, they can find time to answer about the termination (firing) of District Attorneys. After all, the first is really pretty frivolous and is much more a candidate for ignoring than the second.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

In Obamas own words:

What he meant was "when he was running". Didn't mean "when I'm elected". They only mean it when they are running. No need to translate it as meaning the opposite because after the "run" is over it is no longer applicable.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Then you must surely missed GW Bush wars

Nope! What I miss, is having a President that is more interested in the welfare of this country, than partisan politics.

then if we gain another Bush expect an War On Iran then Syria and finally Russia

Considering your failure to accurately read my mind, I can't put any faith in your ability to predict the future, either.

sounds like we have Bush fans here.

Well, Mr. Obama has certainly convinced me, that Mr. Bush was a much better President.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Here is something to think about your masters have such complete control they set up a website to funnel your complaints into and then sit back and laugh when people get upset they are not responding.

The whole idea and the way people are reacting to it prove just how far apathy has rooted into our society. And yet people will still ask why they can not get an answer to why they are losing all of there freedoms on some stupid poll on a website.

Placating does not even do this justice.
edit on 4-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

BenReclused

Then you must surely missed GW Bush wars

Nope! What I miss, is having a President that is more interested in the welfare of this country, than partisan politics.

then if we gain another Bush expect an War On Iran then Syria and finally Russia

Considering your failure to accurately read my mind, I can't put any faith in your ability to predict the future, either.

sounds like we have Bush fans here.

Well, Mr. Obama has certainly convinced me, that Mr. Bush was a much better President.

See ya,
Milt

Out of curiosity, which scale are you using to determine how good a president was? As far as I'm aware both of these presidents lied repeatedly to the public, both were/are warmongers and both seem to value corporations and the mega rich over the common people.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join