It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECETI's James Gilliland on Aliens and Predictions for 2014

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

2 things

I LOVE THE ERIC ANDRE SHOW! WOW I am so stoked you mentioned that.

I agree with you, ATS readers indeed do have the attention span for longer videos. The format we are using for now is purely economical. Producing these videos are expensive and come out of my pocket. I suspect in the very near future I'll have more leeway with the length of the videos because our viewership is growing. We also want our videos to be introduced to people that may not usually watch content with these topics. I'm thinking it'll be a good tool to ease them into the issues we love.

We're still testing the waters with the way we are releasing things.

Bird up!

-

Josh

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

bottleslingguy
reply to post by JadeStar

some things can't be tested with machines

Things which "can't be tested" objectively may as well be made up and are thus are not real. Reality can be tested. Fantasy, not so much.
edit on 5-1-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Notheycant

In honor of Hannibal, the ultimate straight man likely falling into the same category as the genius-level comedic straight men of the early years of vaudeville - and on up through the years from there - a star for you. Every person is a tsar, or star, or can shoot par, or so said some wise men.

edit on 5-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Loopdaloop
*edit*
I know nothing about James Gilliland so can not make an assessment of his credibility, but I'm talking in general when you see animations that take the piss out of information within this subject area
edit on 5-1-2014 by Loopdaloop because: to note.

Gilliland SHOULD be treated as a joke. He is one.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

JadeStar

Loopdaloop
*edit*
I know nothing about James Gilliland so can not make an assessment of his credibility, but I'm talking in general when you see animations that take the piss out of information within this subject area
edit on 5-1-2014 by Loopdaloop because: to note.

Gilliland SHOULD be treated as a joke. He is one.

Whoever he is is irrelevant. If someone is producing media around this subject then accessing this community (that purports to seriously evaluate various subjects) then presenting it the way he did makes a mockery of the subject.

But when I posted I had not read the rest of the responses within this thread which indicates that the previous videos completed by "Josh LeCash" were worse that this one.

Which leaves me to question who "Josh LeCash" feels that the audience is for these videos?

There is a lot of money that can be made via traffic on youtube. I wonder if his aim is to merely tap into the traffic of this website and people who have interests in this area to increase his income and traffic to this site.
Josh does have a 'sponsered' advert before his video and it appears he has over 6000 views so far which I bet have all come via this very good website.

In which case, does not the thread and posts by "Josh LeCash" fall under the SPAM/Advertising section of the terms and conditions of use of this website. If it does, (which it appears to me it does), should Josh not be paying 'LeCash' to the team behind 'abovetopsecret' for the privilege of self-promotion as it is abovetopsecret that allows all of us forum users to read quality content on this website.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Loopdaloop

Feel free to go make your own video, in any way you see fit, pay for it and make it high quality, then send it to me and we'll see if it's something we think ATS might want to get behind and support.

In the mean time...

Springer...

+32 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Springer

Feel free to go make your own video, in any way you see fit, pay for it and make it high quality, then send it to me and we'll see if it's something we think ATS might want to get behind and support.

In the mean time...

Springer...

Please keep doing what you are doing. I am probably in the age group and crowd you're targeting and I found the animations interesting and tastefully done to move the subject along.
I know I would not have sat through a whole dry interview with a guy like Gilliland.

Were they a bit silly? Yes, but so was the person being interviewed. Sometimes people take this stuff way too seriously meanwhile they don't take other things (which have more of an impact on how the subject of UFOlogy is treated and public perception about it) seriously enough.

What I am saying is, the animations fit the subject matter.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow I had no idea this was so close to me. Whoever added those effects, Trout Lake is in Washington, not sure why the welcome to Oregon thingy?... But yeah, it was better than the first interview. I'm going golfing in Carson tomorrow which is nearby so I might check that place out. Thanks for the info, it's a nice addition to ATS.
edit on 5-1-2014 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I agree.

It's someones expression, I like all the effort going into this. You cannot keep everyone happy, I suggest the simplest solution for those who can't stop moaning and attacking the guy just not click the productions.....

If I don't like fox news, I don't watch it.
If I don't like the 911 forum, I don't go into it.
If I don't like a thread, I don't participate in the content/subject matter.
If I don't like the Jackass movies, I don't write a endless emails to the producers telling them how I would like to see their physical comedy action sequences take place....NAY DEMAND how I think it should be done.

Josh keep going.

If you suck, you suck, I just wont watch. It's a simple solution on my end that will cause me to lose no sleep.

So far, you got my support. You'll get better every time. I think you are on a good path of expression for your degree qualifications and the esoteric subjects on ATS will give you plenty of fodder to report on.

I never let people tell me what I should be doing artistically, work-wise nor stifle my freedom of expression.

Don't you either.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

rocktsar
Wow I had no idea this was so close to me. Whoever added those effects, Trout Lake is in Washington, not sure why the welcome to Oregon thingy?... But yeah, it was better than the first interview. I'm going golfing in Carson tomorrow which is nearby so I might check that place out. Thanks for the info, it's a nice addition to ATS.
edit on 5-1-2014 by rocktsar because: (no reason given)

If you go, be sure to report back here on what, if anything you experience. Like i said, that place is not far from my parents place.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The ranch might be a beautiful retreat, but I always had my reservations about ECETI.

blog.redefininggod.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ok I just watched this video after a few shots of Devil's cut, and finally figuring out how to fix my Windows 8 Network Settings after messing around with them (I tend to do stupid stuff like that when I'm bored)

No clue what's up with the Polar Bear having his soul sucked out by Rhoomba's, but hey.. to each their own LOL.

One thing's for sure, there are a LOT of changes that are going to happen right around the corner.. another thing that's funny to me is I've never heard of this guy, yet I personally know people with the same last name... I guess it's just a "coincidence"

Anyway off to the chat room to laugh about the polar bear

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

JadeStar

Things which "can't be tested" objectively may as well be made up and are thus are not real. Reality can be tested. Fantasy, not so much.

so then, because we haven't got the technology, ultimately the fundamentals of reality are not real. how can something not real be the basis of something real?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Springer

In the mean time...

Springer...

I didn't realise he had a tie in with you, I thought he was a random chancer.
As long as the money he gets goes to yourself for making this site and running it so well for so many years then so be it.

However, I like your ats news / videos / podcasts better!
I daydream of you funding yourselves Alex Jones style and expanding your media empire to take on the conspiracies at their very heart. If Greer can make a fortune then so can ATS!
edit on 6-1-2014 by Loopdaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Interesting read Springer, thanks.

Would the Brit you mentioned happen to be Mr Danny Dyer?

youtu.be...

His documentary was the first time I had heard of this ranch. After watching the above documentary, I called BS on the ranch/owner.

To put it simply.. If you have the smoking gun in your possession, you do not set out to profit from it. You share it with the world.

(post by Jed212 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LacunA

No the Brit was my pop start pal, RW.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I don't understand why people should have to pay for information such as what he claims about E.T.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
My take on this...Idiocracy:

Once you're beyond the first 1:40 of cartoon effects, we get a picture of some dust which is lit by a camera flash. I know...those are thousands of orb-ghostalien-interdemensional-somethingorothers right?

So, the ECETI guy starts talking about how these orb-ghostalien-blah blah's can only be contacted by those with a higher state of consciousness and further states that most adults don't or can't achieve this...but children can. What?? Oh, I get it. That's a defensive position for those of us who live in reality-ville and have enough critical thinking skills to call Shenanigans right? "We" object the notion of a higher consciousness to view orb-alien-interdemensional whatevers, and those with a "higher consciousness" can claim that since "we" haven't achieved it, "we" can't possibly comment on it with validity.

I know...you New Agers will claim that it's all subconscious gobbledy-gook, but the whole idea of "higher consciousness" can NEVER be proven, you just blindly accept it...on faith. Now where have I heard that it's folly to take anything based on faith...oh yeah...you Bible haters who love berating those who accept that "story book" on faith. BUT, one cannot believe in Lizard men from Andromeda and God at the same time right? Seems like a conundrum that's conveniently overlooked by New Agers. "They" can have faith but all others who do are suffering from some sort of mass delusion.

The ECETI guy goes on to explain that along with children, animals have a higher state of consciousness than adults as well. ECETI guy knows animals have this higher state though because as he explains, "When the alien ships come down at night...coyotes start howling." Huh...imagine that...a coyote howling at night. I've never heard such a thing!

We are treated to a clip of supposed ship activity at the Ranch, but it's vanilla. Just a couple of lights in the sky with no background for scale. It's like 50 million other clips on YT of lights in the sky...HO-HUM.

This mans predictions:

"We are going to have chaos for awhile with some huge changes"

Then...the "changes will last until 2016 when a huge swarm of energy will cause"...wait for it..."MORE CHAOS!"
Finally..."we reach the next level" where there'll be....YES..."MORE CHAOS".

Is this guy serious with this? A prediction should have a specific event...not a verb. The world has always been mired in chaos and always will be. I predict this ECETI guy is smoking something and it's not tobacco.

The video reminds me of the one that Woody Harrelson showed John Cusack in the movie 2012...only Harrelsons had a basis in truth and reality along with better animations. The graphics and animations throughout the vid look as though they're done by a 10 year old, but that's not the ECETI guys fault.

I have an open mind and all, but in all honesty, this guy is as credible as Hagmans Rosebud "insider" or Quayles end of the world every week crap. In the five minutes in which he's speaking, he actually says NOTHING of any value or anything that hasn't already been beaten to death by Chuck Missler, Stewart Swerdlow, or the plethora of guests claiming interdimensional beings on that giant AM Radio show.

Anyone here could speak on what this man is and done it far better with no prep time.

Why this is front page material which has generated 80 some flags is beyond me.

The only thing missing from this nonsensical video was the ECETI guy telling us that the aliens come to earth for Electrolytes. We all know it's what interdimensional-alienorb-thingies crave!

edit on 8-1-2014 by Miniscuzz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join