It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mirage Men is out.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
admin notice: The link to the copyrighted movie has been removed, per a request from the copyright owner. We don't allow linking to pirated content on ATS and we always respect the copyrights of others, any further posting of the video will result in account termination.

How the US government created a myth that took over the world.
ET visitors... crashed UFOs... back-engineered alien technology... the government cover-up of a secret that would change the world as we know it...
These are the core elements of the modern UFO mythology, a story that has captivated farmers, princes and generals for generations, and shows no sign of loosening its grip on the popular imagination.

But what if, instead of covering up the UFO story, elements in the US military had actively encouraged it as part of their Cold War counterintelligence arsenal - manufacturing the myth of the UFO as a powerful weapon of mass deception and the perfect cover for all manner of clandestine technologies and operations.
Now, for the first time, some of those whose actions have directly shaped the UFO mythology, and some of their victims, tell their stories, revealing a surreal disturbing and sometimes tragic sequence of events that is part Manchurian Candidate and part Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Mirage Men draws viewers into a saucer-shaped hall of mirrors, a shadow-world where every lie contains elements of the truth, and the truth is far stranger than the UFO believers, or their detractors, would have you believe.

Heres the book. This is one of the best documentaries on the subject that I've seen.

edit on 1/1/2014 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

edit on 12014f3112America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12014f3112America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Hi 1ofthe9,

Can't view the vid.

Cheers,

Bally in Aussie.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

bally001
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Hi 1ofthe9,

Can't view the vid.

Cheers,

Bally in Aussie.

Got it now thankyou. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

bally001
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Double post. My bad.

edit on 1-1-2014 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

Cool thanks, I was just on youtube looking for something cool to watch.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
They've even got footage of Bill Moore at the MUFON conference in 1989. Oh man, that is not a friendly crowd.

edit: George Hansen even!

edit on 12014f3111America/Chicago9 by 1ofthe9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ofthe9

edit on 1-1-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: not worth it

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
If this thread is not starred and flagged to greater numbers than another one about a so called "Black Ops UFO documentary" then there is no hope for this subject.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

JadeStar
If this thread is not starred and flagged to greater numbers than another one about a so called "Black Ops UFO documentary" then there is no hope for this subject.

This is EXACTLY the UFO documentary that we need to spread like wildfire to save the subject.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a brief description of the video would not only satisfy the T&Cs but would also help me decide if I want to watch it...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

sweord
a brief description of the video would not only satisfy the T&Cs but would also help me decide if I want to watch it...

Better?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So there's a conspiracy made to cover up the initial conspiracy... what if this is another conspiracy to cover up the... oh never mind.

Thanks for posting this. I am getting ready to watch it as I type.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This was an interesting watch, thanks for sharing. There was a lot of info in there that I didn't even know about. However, there is a possibility that this film did exactly what it potentially set out to do... which was (possibly?) to raise more questions than answers and continue the dominant and seemingly never-ending reign of confusion on this topic.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
That was quite the video! It didn't clear anything up, so still we wait......
I found it very interesting, tho.
I'm still sitting on the fence. I firmly believe that most, if not all, UFO sightings are secret military projects.
It's too creepy to think that aliens have infiltrated our world, and try to figure out why they choose to remain hidden.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
According to Mark Pilkington (the author of the "Mirage Men" book and a co-director of the documentary), the documentary was recently picked up by Random Media for a Spring 2014 release.

I don't expect the video to remain on Youtube very long.
edit on 2-1-2014 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nice one guys.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The plot thickens!! Complex Scissors and Mirrors!
Agree that 80% of UFO's are not ET/ID's. But some in my view are or there wouldnt be so much disinfo and mirrors.
There are fragmented pieces of info that suggest that ET/ID's are for real and mans own evolutional path stinks to high heaven of intervention!
Time will be the great revealer. And I bet its mind blowing!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Interesting story. Fascinating the way the myths has been created from the reality of UFOs.

Its hard to tell when Douty is telling the truth, but he seems sincere in his view that UFOs are very real.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'll watch this later S&F.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I understand people wanting to watch (and share) this video, partly because like the OP I too think the Bennewitz disinformation campaign is the foundation of the modern UFO myth story, and it never got the attention it deserves, but this video shouldn't be up. The documentary is going to be released for everyone in the Spring. If you already watched it and liked it make sure you buy it when it comes out.

I have no affiliation with the people involved but if we don't support a movie like this, then don't complain when the only documentaries and shows we keep getting in this field are the reality show-type nonsense that don't help elevate the discussion and research one bit.

Regarding Doty: I think what he has spread is based on some truth, but Doty wasn't privy to the actual truth. Someone who is, however, gave him tidbits and general guidelines in order for him to fabricate some of the stories. Although he would like you to believe otherwise, he's just a cog in a machine.

edit on 2-1-2014 by vbstrvct because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join