It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was 2013 good or lame for aliens and ufology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have to wonder. I did try and keep an interest but from what I could tell there weren't major stories during 2013. Lots and lots of rubbish, I mean look now, one active thread is yet another "object by the sun". Christ, we're a good 4 or 5 years into that and still nothing proven there, clearly it's not real if it was we would know by now.

So will 2014 be choc full of objects by the sun, will more people throw AA batteries in the air and claim them to be cylindrical UFOs? YES, of course they will! Your beliefs are going to be obfuscated even more than they were in 2013, 2012 or 2011, or any other previous year for that matter.

I've bought a quad-copter. Christ, even *I* am going to add 0.0001% of obfuscation to ufology by flying that thing around..

So, we can't predict the future, and please spare us all the BS and don't try - but here's hoping 2014 will be a better year? What I am interested to know though is your favorite stories/events from 2013? What did I miss? I didn't even see any articles in papers this year, despite papers having articles almost every other year since 2006. But again, maybe I picked up the wrong papers in 2013?

Even personal sighting stories seemed far and few but perhaps that was me not really delving into the subject this year as I have for several years previous. Did any stories/articles this year change your viewpoint, if so, which way, and why?

So please, what were the best/most convincing stories in 2013?

Through 2012 even the general non-ufology populous took an interest in such weird subjects, bandwagoning the end of the world mythos - but this year there was nothing like that for them. So I have not heard a single person mention aliens or even conspiracy stuff this year. The people who were passionate about chemtrails don't seem bothered anymore. Even I pay little attention to the forums now, because none of it does a real sighting justice... Did anyone else lose interest, or gain interest?

Please do sum up 2013
I mean, for example, in 2008 and 09 I had amazing, absolutely AMAZING ufology years. 10, 11 and even some of 12 weren't that bad. But this year just gone, 2013...dullest bloody year I've ever known during my interest in this subject... It could well be that I simply don't need justification any more, from those who believe and from those who don't - from threads that offer a realistic view and from those that are just fodder. But I still keep an eye out for the next big mystery, spirals, mass sightings etc. But just....can't recall anything from 2013 right now??

There were some nice crop circles I suppose. Can't deny that. But again even they were pretty tame compared to some of the last years works..

Did governments come clean about UFOs as they have over past 5 years? Did people continue to push Obama/US Gov to stop playing games? Were there any big, undeniable sightings? Were the same old authors pushing the same old cash-cows? Has UFOlogy ADVANCED in anyway in 2013 or been as stagnant as it looks at first glance?

So - your thoughts on 2013 and aliens?

edit on 31-12-2013 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It was lame, given ATS standards, " pics or it didn't happen" and even when you give them pics there either chi or there Photoshop. So same story different day. You better have some personally shot video that is incontrovertible or don't even bother posting here.

That's not to say there aren't still true believers here, just that you better have your ducks in a row.
Just saying
edit on 31-12-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

twohawks
It was lame, given ATS standards, " pics or it didn't happen" and even when you give them pics there either cgi or there Photoshop. So same story different day. You better have some personally shot video that is incontrovertible or don't even bother posting here.

That's not to say there aren't still true believers here, just that you better have your ducks in a row.
Just saying

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Well that documentary Mirage Menthat I'd been waiting years for was finally finished. Should only be another year or two before they put it on a DVD and actually release it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
With everyone and their brother carrying hi tech phones, you will see the typical increase of youtube UFO runs, this is expected. No one can predict real future events, but my hunch is more unexplainable events due to sheer volume. Agreed 2013 was no jewel on the subject matter, but no matter what anyone says...each day brings us closer to 'the' event of mankind....

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

I have not paid much attention to the alien and ufo topics on ATS except to glance at thread headings. I am aware of a ufologist named Greer is a much disputed character amongst the ATS members. Asking if there was anything new on the scene regarding crop circles.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by twohawks

the pics or it didn't happen thing was funny to begin with but has become unusable. You cant photograph the truth.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's because they got better at cloaking. Remember, militaries did stumble upon cloaking capabilities. Hand-me-downs?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I have only ever seen one genuine ufo footage on youtube, five years ago. ?Maybe it's still on there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynk3

These past years there has been interesting news about cloaking tech in science/tech forum. its about bending Light.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Tindalos2013
reply to post by twohawks

the pics or it didn't happen thing was funny to begin with but has become unusable. You cant photograph the truth.

Oh yes you can, the big question is in this day and age, who's going to believe you.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that 2013 was a "better" year than many before, especially 2012.

Why?

Well, with post-2012-apocalypse booty hurt setting in, and a massive die-off in popular interest, we also, as a by product see less and less of the proliferation of hoax material and charlatanism.

The Light Workers, Channelers, and everyone else selling promises and hope to gullible easily duped souls are losing market share as more and more people 'wake up', but, not 'wake up' in the way they advertise on the extreme side of delusional fantasy, but 'wake up' to the reality that they've been fooled into wasting their time and even money on yet another fantasy, another cult, another personality with empty promises filled with lots of magic smoke that always goes nowhere.

I think post-2012-apocalypse booty hurt has been a good thing in that now that many of these frauds are losing market share, and less people are showing interest in the fringe phenomenons, the proverbial waters of this forum of interest have a chance of being less 'muddy'.

If most of the people on the planet were to become more jaded, less interested, and lose more faith in all of the UFO mythology that's been perpetuated to the point of saturated proliferation, then, there's a far greater chance of focusing genuine resources on the actual instances of real phenomenon that matter, as opposed to chasing smoke.

edit on 12/31/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join