It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Detain a Man for "Suspicion of Smoking Tobacco"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Okay, all you complaining about the cost of a pack of cigs, ROLL THEM YOURSELF!!!
I pack my own and it costs me 10.00 a CARTON. $40.00 will buy me enough tobacco and cigartte tubes for a month.
'nuff on that.

The really REALLY EFFED up part about the WHOLE thing is the female LEO first asks him if he was smoking, then says she SAW him smoking. When they couldnt get him on the smoking on pvt property and no wants/warrants, the cite him for TRESPASSING!!!
Looks like there is a bus stop right there, chances are he was waiting for that bus.

It goes to show you that if you are innocent, you are STILL GUILTY

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I believe you are correct, they will find a reason to interfere in your life even if they KNOW that no revenue will come from this issue.

Over the past two years I've been cited into court by officers on two occasions for actions that I did not take.
In the first instance I met the same woman cop on the video---except the one I met was nearly as wide as she was tall---but the attitude was there. The action I had failed to take was to buckle my seat belt.
The seat belt statute in Kentucky specifically and clearly exempts any vehicle manufactured before 1981. My car is an earlier model. In the past when these eager-beaver LEOs have pulled us over a simple recitation of the statue has done the trick. Not with this chick! By the time I explained to her that she had no probable cause to pull over a vehicle manufactured after 1981, her hand was on the grip of her pistol. I honestly believe she would have pulled it and shot me despite the fact that at no time did I raise my voice nor was I rude in any way. I asked her, "Do you really want to write a ticket that you know is just going to get thrown out and make you look ignorant of the law?" Her response, "Look, the Federal government told us to enforce the seat belt laws and I'm just doing my job for the Federal government."
I went to court, charges dismissed but not before I made my complaint to the judge, that the cop writing the ticket willfully, in full knowledge of what she was doing, clogged up his court, paid for by taxpayers, with a case that she knew full well would be dismissed.
I left the court and lodged a complaint against the cop with her boss. Perhaps a lot of other people she had abused were in that court that day. Perhaps they lodged complaints as well. I'm pretty sure she didn't pick on just grannies driving old cars. Perhaps the judge had a word with her boss if others had complained. Whatever, the present situation is that she is no longer on patrol, no longer out there getting in faces and wasting public time and private money.
The second encounter was with a trooper I've decided to call Roid Roger. The action I had failed to take was to notice that the bulb above my plate was burned out and that my plate had expired 11 days earlier (but according to statute I had another 20 days in the grace period to affix the new sticker). Roid Roger strode up to the vehicle, shined his flashlight directly into my eyes and demanded my license. Since I had absolutely no idea, no clue as to why he'd lit me up, I asked him why he wanted to see my license. That's when I saw exactly what Alex Jones has been portraying on his show---the bulged eyes, the hissing, the whole bit that juveniles use to intimidate others.
Now I'm a 115# Granny, just a little bit of a thing beside this hulk but I've seen a lot of this behavior and it just doesn't work to intimidate me. When he announced that he was going to search my vehicle I told him no. This brought on another fit of pique, stomping, hissing in my face and demanding to know why I was being uncooperative. I told him in a quiet, controlled voice that if he wished to search my vehicle he would need to call a judge and give the judge his probable cause for such a violation of my privacy. I asked him to please write up my violation and let me go on my way. Under the comments section of the violation was written: "Subject was angry, used a raised voice and uncooperative."
Again, I appeared in court, had all charges dismissed and lodged my complaint against the trooper with the judge. I explained to the judge that the loud voice was the result of being on the side of a busy highway with vehicles whizzing by. I raised my voice to make the officer understand that I was not consenting to a search of my vehicle. That stopped the judge in mid-motion----"This officer wanted to search your vehicle for having a burned out light and almost expired plates?" It's nice to have a judge who has read and defended the constitution.
Again I was directed to complaint to the boss of the offender. I did. His commander sent me a letter saying essentially that he has instructed that rookie trooper to be nicer to folks.

I think that's what the young man hassled in the video should do. Protest his uncivil treatment in a civil manner. So what if he's a punk? We've all been guilty of that at some I'd venture to say but it never came with a court appearance/threat of jail. A professional is required to treat punks with respect. The problem, as I see it, is that somewhere along the way certain members of the LEO community began to see us as "Subject...." and as in another thread here on ATS, I've never been happy with being called a "subject" of anyone. I'm a citizen who has realized that if I want to retain whatever few rights I have left, I must stand up and speak for them at every opportunity.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

CaptainBeno
Damn, I missed that......

Jeez, these guys are quick!

Anyway, back on topic...........

Smoking over here is considered extremely distasteful. Being an ex smoker myself, I was initially persuaded to give up when the government clamped down everywhere over here.

Pubs, clubs, cafes etc etc all smoke free, even work place. Now you can only smoke at home etc.

People are really anti smoke here in Aus
is it true in australia that you are not allowed to smoke near a goverment building 100 metres i heard

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
We have similar laws in the UK-

For example,If I owned a van which I used for self employed work-I can be arrested if I smoke in that van.
It does not matter that I OWN that van,or that I am the only person who is ever in that van...

Once again,the government feels the need to attempt to modify my behaviour through OTT legislation.
Hitler would be proud of such silliness IMO.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

Okay, LMAO!

I need to tell my story which is just as good.

So, my best friend and I are at my house and a house is for sale next door in Wasilla, Alaska. Mind you that many of the state troopers that live IN my neighborhood are good friends of mine. in less than 20 minutes of being in this driveway 4 cop cars are dispatched. no crimes are committed, we were not doing anything wrong whatsoever. What's even worse is that she watched us walk out of my garage and over to the house, we even waved and said Hello to her, WTF.

I'm sorry... lady. Guess being middle aged and white in daylight can give off bad vibes.

My other neighbor, who I know, calls the cops because we give off suspisious behavior. he's looking to by a house. The troopers show up. ahhh my friend shows up and asks what we were doing. I told him and his partner that we are looking at a house for sale, not illegal. He's okay, but his partner is not. His partner asks me what I'm doing here? I told him....

Are you that stupid, I just told you. And if your really that dumb that I have to tell you twice, you have no business being a cop. He tried to arrest me right there for being rude and resisting questioning. I laughed in his face as my Trooper friend told him to shut up and go sit in the patrol car.. Could he not tell the address on my ID was in front of him the whole time, he was so pissed that he could twist my truth into a lie. hahaha the stupidity of him. nothing pleases me more to rub honesty in his face, btw hey hate that.. honesty

long story short, we were let go and apologized to, and the cop sitting in the car yelling and screaming with the window down how he's coming after me and how he's going to get me sooner than later. never heard from him since.

Nazis

Good for that criminal wearing a hoody and not smoking to tell them how shameful they are..!!!!
edit on 31-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

At the court house on 5th Ave in Anchorage Alaska you can not smoke on the property. Bu the judges and lawyers can behind there gated and protected parking lot 10 feet from the back door....

Why is that? Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Some cops do hate the honesty, sounds crazy but true. Anyway, I thought cop partners were supposed to be cool with each other. I know your trooper friend told his partner to go back to the car but.... He kept yelling at you guys when leaving? What a jackass. That's really no way for an officer to act (if that's what you want to call him.) Yeah they seem to hate hoodies too. LoL I don't know how some coppers graduate from any academy. Their far from street smart and lack common sense.

Where I from (so. Florida) There seems to be alot of new hires on all the police agency's. Their young, fresh, and was dumb. Some seem to me like a deer caught in my Q-beam light. Some try to impress fellow veteran cops by acting like a douche. I don't know, I half expect a lot of them to be petrified to deal with certain types. and amp themselves up to deal with the encounter... aren't they supposed to be trained in that type of thing?
Some cops in my area I have known for years and are ok... But most are effin special needs persons with a badge and gun.

Thanks for jumping in, Thanks for the good read...Wish you luck, to always stay on the opposite side of these terminator wannabes!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
paying 34 dollars for 55 grams of long beach rollie weed here in aus.

its going to increase more.

Went out christmas eve alcohol is getting to be a joke. 9 dollars a beam can and 10 dollars a Jack Daniels.
Soon something has to give .

people will get annoyed and think its ridiculous, let us enjoy something please.

Once it starts hitting 15 dollars for a Can of beamer, I hope people start to become more annoyed and actually start protesting this.

rent, alcohol, petrol, smoking, food is over priced here in Australia.

Tax Tax Tax Tax, the people wanting to get in control claim to want to cut it but they end up taxing more things.

we are all slaves, while the politicians are living large off their stupid overly paid pensions.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I have a boat and a valid passport. I can get out of this country if needed. 2014 maybe the year I become an ex-pat.

What gets me is I catch thieves in the act, which in my opinion is a crime that deserves jail time, and the Cocoa PD refuse to do anything about it. It was the third time this year I caught thieves at that dock.

How can I respect their police agency when they arrest me on bogus charges, yet will not pursue actual criminals. What a joke!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

nice avatar is that you?
anyway yes it is the
" 1984" we will watch you and every move you make , papers please...
will be
papers now , we have the right to detain for no reason but you look suspicious to me er us, we are doing it for your own good to protect you, and protection .
In realty it is they are doing it for their own good an mind numbing reason, they are afraid of their own shadow. We have no one to blame but our selves, for we let them do it, 9/11 made us what we are sheep not wolves.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I feel ya! 9-11 was the false flag, game changer, conclusion, culmination,final, climax, of our previous way of life. Thanks bout my AV. But, tiz not me!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Smoking or not smoking, how can he be loitering when he's standing and waiting for a public bus at a public bus stop lady?? My property line goes out to the middle of a busy city street does that mean I can cone it off whenever I please and set my lawn chair out there? This is a frivolous citation from a frivolous cop. Then threaten him under duress wow. They probably would of erased the phone if they did arrest him. Time for a Lawsuit Sue them for wrongful prosecution and civil rights being violated, harassment, metal anguish, lost your job etc. Make a list three feet long.
edit on 31-12-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

Right on,sean! I agree, If, we (the people) don't speak up for ourselves, we'll never see the change we desire. And if, we cant fight back legally (which is looking a little dim) what do we have?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Loitering ticket what a sad joke. Since he was forced to sign it, he should have signed it "under duress"

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

what gives them the rite to act this way
reply to post by 999zxcv

The complete indifference of the vast majority of the population gives them all the right they need. Until we collectively say enough is enough...this will just continue to get worse until we have no rights left at all. We aren't far from that now. Welcome to Police State Amerika.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

amraks, I can feel your (I've had it up to here, vibe!) Really though, you're so right on all of it. I'm a productive member of society. but! aside from work.. I spend my life as private as possible not hiding, just hanging close to home with my family and only very close friends, that I have known for over 20 years.

We stay on our property or close to home and we all do things as a unit. Some get along, between us some don't... We manage though, we see the big picture. My point is, we keep to ourselves. Help, others of course when we can. We/I avoid the patrolman, fly under their radar. But were a private unit. So, if need be, I know the person next to me, when any type of (SHTF drama) is trustworthy. My Brothers and Sons. My Blood..

So that seems to be working, trying to stay just on the edge of the police state. Aside from our children. We've all had our fair share of chillin with the cops. We learned, a lot, from those experiences. And wont repeat them. I/we, enjoy our life this way. We don't need much outside of that just to live free. And ATS!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by clue7

No doubt clue. I would not have wanted to sign. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have. Things seem to be happening so fast to. Constantly some craziness going on. Maybe, I'm just doing to much reading here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Until we collectively say enough is enough...this will just continue to get worse until we have no rights left at all.
reply to post by deadcalm

DC, I'm with you man. Who said it?!
"Every new generation needs a new revolution"

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Any attorney could beat this rap. He already stated he wasn't smoking and never has. Reluctantly gave them his ID then since there is no law they had to create one to make it look official by saying he was loitering on private property. Good thing he was video taping as the evidence shows otherwise. That is without question a public bus loading people and that is clearly a bus route sign. Therefore, he couldn't possibly be loitering on private property. If anyone should have the book thrown at them it should be the three numbskull cops standing there.
edit on 31-12-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In the future this story will include how they tazed the overweight guy, the Christian Chick, and the meat eater just to reach him. You are NEXT, if you allow this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join