It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple have made a giant step in Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have been thinking for a while now that the term "Sheeple" no longer fits the bill. We as a community need a new descriptor to describe a more evolved type of Sheeple. First lets look at the definition of Sheeple as provided by Wikipedia

Noun; sheeple (plural only) (derogatory, slang) People who unquestioningly accept as true whatever their political leaders say or who adopt popular opinion as their own without scrutiny.
Here is a simple picture illustrating the currently known evolution of a human to a sheeple.

Now on to my point about the evolution of a Sheeple into an entirely new type of animal. The Postrich.

Being as how I think I have discovered this new species I have chosen to call it a Postrich. I only have a couple of pics of this new critter although I am certain that many people on this site can find more. So what you ask is the definition of a Postrich?

It is a sheeple that has evolved to a new level of awareness. Some would even say awake and aware of it's fate. However, despite this awareness a Postrich has developed the unique ability to completely ignore it's fate and the fate of others through it's own inaction.

It is able to ignore all that is truly important and pays attention only to that which is trivial. ie: arguing about Duck Dynasty. They shop at Walmart despite being driven to poverty by them. They vote for a Democrat or a Republican thinking they are going to get their way. They pay taxes every year and complain about the Govt waste. I could go on and on, however at this point I hope you get the point.

I am scared to see what a Postrich develops into......

edit on 28-12-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Those pics look great on my new iphone 5s i waited at the store for at 12am.

Also i agree

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lol, I prefer goat:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The term should apply to both extremes as it applies to Politics, Media, and Fringe topics.

Too often we see these unquestioning believers waving around a "truth" flag, screaming at the top of their keyboard's lungs for people to "wake up" because reptilians are among us and we must decalcify our pinesol gland and get on the right vibration or OMG ...

I mean, it's one to have absolute conviction on one side of the coin and then turn around and do the same with the other.

Is there a silhouette for someone that can think for themselves?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I think we need to bring back the term "Cultists" ie someone whom has a belief system so strong that they will follow it thru to the end! Their end and others........

Cement heads maybe? But hey, calling people names doesn't solve anything, and believing YOUR freedoms take precedence because of your beliefs over those whom do not have the same beliefs as you, can be just as bad or worse.....

The PTB have created one hell of mess, and it wasn't by accident! As a matter of fact, they seem to have gone as far to call those whom promote freedom as the new "terrorists"!

The way I see it anymore is that, those of us whom stick up for others rights, even though we may disagree with them, are quickly becoming enemies of the state!

In the eyes of the government and MSM, Divisiveness and Separation = Good! Promoting Peace = Terrorist!!!

Ask any Black man in our history that tried to promote people of ALL colors to just get along like MLK or Malcolm X! WHOOPS, they were murdered..........

I will bet my life that if Jesse Jackson OR Al Sharpton EVER decided to quit being sleezy race baiters and actually tried to bring peace amongst races, they most likely would suffer the same demise as the two brave and honorable men I previously mentioned.

The biggest threat to any government is peace!
edit on 28-12-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

As a fellow postritch I for one welcome in this new age ! Life is only as serious as you take it (and I am of the opinion that there is a direct correlation between longevity,happiness and level of seriousness ), maybe one day one of my fellow postrichs' will be in a position to make more than just some noise and the postrich collective may feel its ok to poke our heads out and look around, maybe just maybe.......

best we can hope for imo.......

breath not held......

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Impossible, most of the threads I read on ATS are absolutely true, many are even documented with YouTube videos and links to obscure blogs and blurry pictures. Don't try confusing the issues with facts.

OP - You are well entitled to name this new species as "Postrich." In fact they're all over the place, surprised no one noticed before. Be careful though if you find them in big groups they have been known to try and peck you to death with denials.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Some funny responses
Specially the one directly above
edit on 28-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I would not be so hasty to finger evolution here. Just because these creatures resemble humans does not mean that they came from us. Where is the missing link?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

apydomis
I would not be so hasty to finger evolution here. Just because these creatures resemble humans does not mean that they came from us. Where is the missing link?

Ask and ye shall receive.

First there was this photo captured sometime back in the 30's

And most recently

edit on 28-12-2013 by Mamatus because: added content.

edit on 28-12-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
the only people who used the term 'sheeple' were stupid teenagers who have just discovered the internet.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

It is a sheeple that has evolved to a new level of awareness. Some would even say awake and aware of it's fate. However, despite this awareness a Postrich has developed the unique ability to completely ignore it's fate and the fate of others through it's own inaction.

So 99% of the membership of this site then?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

"I am scared to see what a Postrich develops into......"

How about the Asstrich?

I'll let you use your imagination for that one... heh heh...

new topics

top topics

join