It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not OCD you're just a slob!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Just a quick test honey, don't get too mad if you find these pics to be 'slightly' disturbed.

edit on 28-12-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Heres my question.

If they are put away, but not the way you want it, is that ok?

I mean can it be "neat" but not in order, and bother you?

IF it bothers you when something is messy, thats fine.

IF it bothers you when something is NEAT but not in the way you want it, THATS ocd.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
its not called OCD.
its called 'doing things correctly!'

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh quit bitching about being called OCD. Everyone is OCD about something or other, everyone says others are ocd about what they don't believe is important.

I think we should start an OCD club with many different types of chapters of it. There would be 299 million members of this in the USA alone...the rest have Alzheimers disease and can't remember anything.

The people who created the word OCD are OCD about their work. I don't know one person who doesn't get carried away with something or other. Even the ones with Alzheimers used to be OCD, but they are now cured.

S&F. I don't have a spotless house but I respect people who want their house spotless. I have every tool that you can think of, I don't have a problem...other than needing another building.

If you decided to let things slide and the house got dirty, your family would think something was really wrong with you and send you to a doctor

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

My house is clean....as for organised maybe a little but there is also a fair amount of chaos. But I don't think that makes me a less happy person or a "slob"

My mother brought me up in a super clean and organised home, so much so that it often drove me mad! By the time I left home and used to go over to my parents and visit it used to make me feel uncomfortable, I was never able to relax as it felt like a "show" home and not a place I could take off my shoes and kick back and put my feet up. As my mother has got older she has relaxed a little.

I'm not saying in your case at all, but in some cases I feel super organisation in the home can be a result of an element of control. Which I'm not saying is a bad thing but not everyone feels the need to control their environment by colour coding their wardrobe etc.....to be honest with you I never wake up in the morning and decide " oh I feel like wearing a red t-shirt today" so colour coding is a waste of time for me

But please don't misinterpret this has criticism....I certainly could benefit from a little more organisation ( I did say little lol ) and admire people who feel led to organize their homes so well. Just your title can work in reverse as well. Spare a thought for those of us less organized and realize that that is just the way some people feel comfortable living....and that doesn't always make a person a "slob"

There is an expression " An Englishman's home is his castle"...which loosely means that a man/ woman can do as he/she pleases in their own home. Which I think goes for both sides of the equation in this discussion.
So yes tell people to sod off if they try to criticize your super organized home...but maybe don't presume those people who don't feel the same need are slob's.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I used to think hubby is OCD.. when we moved together he almost walked behind me and put stuff i left behind in their rightful places. When i cleaned the house he inspected it and told me im no good at that and he preferred to do cleaning himself ( he is asthmatic.. )
Anyway living with me has turned him sort of sloppy.. now it´s more often me who tells the boys to clean their mess.
So if it´s OCD you can be cured

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
My spices are in alphabetical order. That doesn't mean OCD. OCD is like this:

1. You wash your hands over and over and over and you hand sanitizer
2. You count things obsessively, from steps to cars coming at you.
3. You check things repeatedly. is the iron off? Is the door locked?
4. You have an excessive fear of violence.
5. Hoarding

Stuff like that. Wanting to keep things neat is not OCD except to slobs who want to justify their own sordid existence.

As my stepdaughter (a slob) said to us, "It's a good thing the two of you found each other so you didn't wreck two other people's lives." The irony is that she married a true OCD person, and the fact is, she's a complete slob. How could anyone live like that? I don't even want to enter the house. It's disgusting.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Umm your 5 points don't nail OCD on the head and the 2 that i guess kinda do, are extremes. If your stepdaughters spice rack being outta order makes it so you can't enter her house, yes you have OCD or some form of it. Its prob more then just that that gives you the disgust, haven't seen the house so can't say you are right or wrong there. Just note your list is nothing short of the first 5 things that came to your mind when you think of the word which would not define it at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

clean house is the sign of a frustrated woman i have always heard

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dobbiedabill

Do you always carry around a little gas with ya

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sremmos80

Umm your 5 points don't nail OCD on the head and the 2 that i guess kinda do, are extremes. If your stepdaughters spice rack being outta order makes it so you can't enter her house, yes you have OCD or some form of it. Its prob more then just that that gives you the disgust, haven't seen the house so can't say you are right or wrong there. Just note your list is nothing short of the first 5 things that came to your mind when you think of the word which would not define it at all.

Jesus, get a grip! Look up the symptoms yourself and you'll find the five I listed on there. I never said my daughter's spice rack makes it so I can't enter the house. I said MY spice rack is in order and that she is a slob. Do you've a reading comprehension problem? My notes are for the OP assuring her she's not OCD and that slobs are slobs and need not be tolerated. If you've got a problem, see a shrink. take some pills. Whatever.

Here's one

Here's another

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

hahahahah fun read

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I said im sure there was more then just the spice rack that causes the disgust so don't take what i said out of context. Also i noticed once of your post had mentioned an obsession of moralities. Saying that people that live less organized then your self and that can not be tolerated, your words, seems a bit excessive, borderline obsessive.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I think you can be obsessive or compulsive without it being a disorder.

If you stop to organize a shelf knowing it will make you late for work but can't leave until you deal with the shelf, that is OCD. Even more so if you have to organize the shelf instead of say getting a child to school on time or you leave others waiting for you needlessly to organize something, that's OCD.

You can be obsessive without it being a disorder and it can even be positive in that an organized pantry could save time.

I think most everyone has something they are a little OCD about anyway, if they are honest. For me it's that I can't drive away from my office unless I check to make sure the door is locked, even though I know I just locked it. Organizing shelves though is clearly not a problem for me as I use the just stuff the crap in the drawer or shelf method. If I place something, I know exactly where it is, even a year later. For me it works.

From what you posted you do not have OCD IMO.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

OMG mblah... we are soooooo cut from the same cloth !

I get razzed all the time from people about my "perfectly clean and organized house", but I don't care. I'll bet deep down inside most slobs wish they could be more clean and organized, but too lazy to take the time to learn and/or choose instead to sit around watching Honey Boo Boo.

We all have our priorities, I guess.

Nothing frustrates me more than having to waste an hour of my day running around the house digging through drawers and closets trying to find something that wasn't put back where it belonged.

"A place for everything and everything in its place."

Being clean and organized is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned, how anyone can live in a disaster zone is beyond me.

My hubby is notorious for not putting things back and I stopped picking up after him and putting things away a few years ago. Now I just sit there sipping on my coffee with a big smirk on my face while he wanders around the house for half an hour cussing up a storm trying to find his phillips screwdriver because he didn't put it back after he finished using it the last time. Eventually he comes up to me with his head hung low admitting defeat that he should've put it back.

But being the evil witch that I am, I still won't tell him where I last saw it (even though I know exactly where it's sitting because we clean freaks make mental note of these things)... instead I just smile and say: "Well hon, I guess you might as well sit down, drink some coffee, and retrace your steps trying to remember the last time you used it and that's probably where you're bound to find it." I never let him know that I know exactly where it is.

Revenge is sweet.

But I am slowly getting him house trained... finally...
Unfortunately, Rome wasn't built in a day.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by dobbiedabill

Do you always carry around a little gas with ya
never leave the cave without it you should see my pad clean your feet on the way out .

curtains been shut for 4 months hoover dont have a licence for it i cant piss in the sink for the dishes

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Maybe you are OCD, who cares???
If it keeps your kitchen in order, then awesome!
I'm not the neatest neat freak but I do strongly like a clean/organized kitchen to cook in.
Just call yourself OCD, then the world won't have a reason to whine!
"I'm sick, t's OK"!!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We have a rotary spice rack with jars. My wife likes to put things in alphabetical order, she works as a secretary. I am a builder, I like to lump similar things together in an order as to types of foods to use them on. Italian foods, soups and meat dishes, common spices used daily. She wins cause she wants them that way. I am not allowed to argue even though I cook ninety percent of the meals now that use these spices on the rack.

Who cares anyway.

I'll pass on something an older guy and his wife told me. Don't start reorganizing things when you get older and for sure don't let the kids change where things go. It is hard to find things when you make changes after around sixty years old. We have found truth in this. It is very important that people understand this is real. You go back and look where it has been for many years and can remember you moved it after finding it is gone, but can't remember where you moved it to. I tried to find out why this is but I haven't found any research on it anywhere.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Funny, I'm a slob myself, but I find that when I clean and organize I can't seem to find anything, but in the big mess and clutter I can always find whatever I am looking for. Is it just me that's like this?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
MY closet is organized alphabetically.
If it starts with a letter, it's in the closet somewhere.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join