It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy subliminals in new movie "Prisoners"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
*Mods I'm sorry if somebody already posted something close to this topic. But I thought I'd give it a shot from fresh perspective even if they already did.*

So I just saw the movie Prisoners with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhal in it and they had some pretty crazy subliminal messages in it that I thought wouldn't be in this kind of movie.

I guess I'll start out with the basic premise of the movie. So Hugh Jackman and his neighbors daughters get kidnapped, so Hugh Jackman's character takes matters into his own hands and abducts the first suspect after he's released because of lack of evidence to try his "special" brand of interrogation. Jake Gyllenhal is the detective in the movie trying to find the daughters.

Now the subliminal messages or symbols and images in this movie aren't like Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut, they're more in your face good vs. evil kind of messages.

*minor spoilers*

-From the very beginning Jackman's character is praying while he takes his son out hunting with him before his son shoots a deer. On their ride home he lectures his son about being self sufficient and to be prepared for anything in the future. Later on we learn that he's a prepper and his basement is stocked full of supplies, food, and a workshop.

-After their neighbors and Jackman's daughters go missing Gyllenhal's character the detective finds and apprehends the suspect who they later find out is named "Alex Jones".

-Throughout the movie Gyllenhal can clearly be seen wearing a ring symbolic of the Free Masons and during the movie he's the closest character that's "good". He also has other symbolic tattoos exposed on his neck along with what seem to be Greek characters on his fingers.

-There is a constant theme of light vs. dark in the movie, with the "Free Mason" detective trying to find the daughters while the "Prepper" father is playing "vigilante" with "Alex Jones", while the suggestion of a heavier and darker force is at play. The darkness they touch on are a "family" of chaos cultists who's main aim is to spread misery and pain in the vast goal of achieving people to lose their faith in God and religion after they never get their children back.

-Their is also a heavy theme of mazes and "compartmentalism" throughout the entire movie, where neither the "Average Joe" (Jackman) or the "good guy" (Gyllenhal) or other characters know information that would help each other but for some reason choose never to share it with each other. All the while "Alex Jones" is feeding Jackman little tidbits of information here and there, who you think is a bad guy, but is really just a victim who, is as well stupid and confused.

Anyways besides being a good movie in general, as soon as I saw these blatant images on the movie I was forced to pay attention. It's almost as if they made them "too" obvious. As soon as I heard "Alex Jones" I thought to myself some of this stuff must have been blatantly planted in the movie to grab peoples attention who actually knew anything about conspiracy theories. Now I just wonder what Alex Jones has to say about this movie and if he's mentioned the character of himself on his radio show!

edit on 28-12-2013 by Swing80s because: Left out a part

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
By using subliminal messaging what do you think the director was trying to achieve, in your opinion?
edit on 28/12/13 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This ought to make a funny little prophetic rant from AJ in the upcoming days, I'll be sure to check that one out hahahaha I can already hear him ranting about I told you so I told you this and that and look blah blah he is a funny man.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

My guess would be a warning.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but now I'll have to.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't know really... I guess a whole good vs. evil kind of thing. With "average" people stuck in the middle who are just as much as naïve as the "bad guys" who are stuck in the middle even though they aren't the real "bad guys". People like preppers and Alex Jones are trying to figure out the whole picture but in the end we're just all victims.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
that is a good movie and its full of stuff like the tattoo in the cop neck.

I think i saw a topic about it explaining all the things but cant find it atm, here is one about the name

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't think he did that great of a job explaining everything... But he has the excitement about it that I did when I first saw it!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

The film title too reveals the situation as does the 'subtext' you cleverly picked up on outlining elements of the human condition in amongst the spiritual war that is being waged upon our being, (imprisoned within this earthly containment).

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The cop's name: Detective Loki
In Norse mythology Loki, the Trickster, challenges the structure and order of the Gods which is necessary in bringing about needed change.

Just my two coppers

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yep that too, I knew I would forget somethings!

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Did you see what Greek characters were used ?

Was one tattoo like a triangle or Greek 'delta', (a split personality that functions as an assassin) alter who has been trained via MK Ultra ?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Jackman shows up in loads of esoteric movies, from Rise of the Guardians, to The Prestige and The Fountain.

These are far from being hidden anymore it is as if the apocalypse is being shown in the media to initiate the public or at least inform them of what is being done to them.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

It's not subliminal if you consciously recognised it. It all sounds pretty tame to me, just symbolism to bolster the films themes.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did you pick up on any symbolism with the daughters? If so then here is my theory: while the conspiracy theorists are dealing with stuff that doesn't matter going after what he thought was the bad guy (the false cause), the free masons are looking for what does matter (the spiritual cause). All things have a spiritual root, and finding that root is what really matters. The battle to come is a spiritual one. It's hard to explain

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

To find out the intent and motive behind "Prisoners" perhaps an investigation into the psyche of the man that wrote the screen play would be beneficial.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I couldn't make out the greek symbols, but yeah what I got is the common people both "good" and "bad" are just pawns in an even greater war for the heart and soul for mankind...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Glad you posted this.. I watched this a few days ago because it looked like a decent movie. I was blown away at all the 'in your face' masonic references, along with the drug induced, mind altering theme of the 'real kidnapper' (without giving away too much spoiler).

Even the tile in a lot of the shots was the black/white squares; I'm sure one could go frame by frame through this movie and pick out tons of stuff.

I was left with the question of why; is it a warning, a message, or just a tribute to masonry.

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by toepick

Masonry is a hot topic nowadays along with the illuminati which is why a lot of pop culture areas are using it in films, music and fashion. I'm afraid the whole thing has become cool with the kids. Marketing will use anything to create a buzz or a niche. I'm not saying there's no conspiracy or deeper meaning in certain things but something like this that seems to have pretty obvious in your face signs says to me it is leaning on the buzzwords/images of the present day.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This movie is an attack on the church, like most Hollywood movies have been the last 20 years. Completely subliminal of course. Watch "Dogma" 1999, Matt Damon plays the Angel of Death named Loki. Massive anti-religious film. As mentioned a few posts up, Loki is the detectives name in "Prisoners". Hugh Jackman is the "religious" guy who kills animals and tortures innocent people. I only watched the movie once, but immediately caught all the religious subliminals. Many, many recent films are an attack on the church but very few go in depth to explain this from a conspiracy angle. Thanks for creating the thread. Here is a great insight to the animated film "9" and how it challenges religion:
9 2009

Keep an eye out, I could talk forever about what religious clues I've found. Hollywood predicts other things too, if you're interested...this is my personal series I am starting on YouTube. The 9/11 Hollywood Connection

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I just watched this movie. It was pretty good.

I agree there were obvious signs. Sure was weird to keep hearing the name Alex Jones.

Lots of survival gear and ammo in jackmans home and teaching his son how to survive, if anything ever happens. Pray for the best prepare for the worst.
The maze the other nutter drew looked like something I saw posted on ats. No idea what that was now.
They made a point of saying the maze never works, you can never get out.

top topics

join