It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time - Energy Equivalence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Floke
Just wanna ask op how we can move back in space? Isn't that, as far as we know, impossible? We always travel in a positive direction.

No, in fact negative direction is possible, It's like saying:

If you move 10 miles North, then you're going +10 miles N;

If you move 10 miles south, then you're going -10 miles N.

It just depend on what reference point you use.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlchemistSwami

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

menneni
if and how the fact, that humans are "moving" faster in space (cars, airplanes, trains, etc), is effecting the perception of time.

It seems that with speed, we would indeed experience a ever slight time dilation, but it's so small none of use would ever notice.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
In E=mc2, c is a constant. So you are deriving the constant T. So for the variable mass, the Energy = c^2 times m, where m alone is the variable. Its a first order equation.
Now, deviating slightly, lets see why the speed of light is a constant. Why there is a limit to the speed of light, why cant something travel faster than light.
Lets take the smallest value of distance or the smallest quantum of space, lets call it dx. Meaning space cannot be divided further, than dx.
Similarly, lets take the smallest value of time, lets call it dt or quantum time. Meaning there is no measurement of time lesser than dt.
Any two points of space is connected by a finite number of dx. Now the fastest possible means for the smallest particle that can move from dx to dx +1 is ((dx +1)-dx)/dt. Since nothing can happen in a time which is less than dt.
So dx/dt is a constant, and is fixed in each universe system. And there cannot be anything that can move faster than dx/dt.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I am sorry for explaining my definition badly. I was talking about moving a negative amount of distance. The whole making time go reverse would remove the time that has passed. I meant the same with moving back in space. I move 10 meters and then move negativly 10 meters, thus reducing the amount of meters I have been moving. If I move 10 meters north, then 10 meters south, I have still moved a total of 20 meters, thus added to my total traveled distance. I was comparing reverse-time with reverse-moving.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

swanne

ImaFungi
If energy cannot be created or destroyed will there not always be the same amount of energy left in the universe?

Yes, good point. I think what Dynamike meant was working energy - the whole entropy concept.

edit on 29-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

If entropy is related to energy, how can entropy insinuate that the quantity of energy changes, when the quantity of energy can never change?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

ImaFungi
If entropy is related to energy, how can entropy insinuate that the quantity of energy changes, when the quantity of energy can never change?

Entropy is not a change of energy quantity. Entropy is a change of order inside a system - energies tend to reach an equilibrium, and once that's achieved, entropy reaches a maximum.

edit on 29-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Time is a measurement. You take a clock away which is an instrument and you cannot measure it, but i thought this - we count the time it takes to get somewhere in seconds and minutes etc.. but minutes are time, so then we count the time it takes, with time. That means time counts time.

Time does not exist, time is misconceived, because time counts change, and change is measured in material by the amount of exposure to certain substances and other material it has been come into contact with.

So therefore time can only be a measurement for how long it takes for certain energies/materials/substances to affect one another. It merely allows us to perceive the rate of change. It allows us to perceive limit.

So another misconception would be that we age, but we rot, hence if we freeze ourselves we do not stop time, we stop the particle acceleration process, therefore TIME TRAVEL IS IMPOSSIBLE because it would rip the fabric/matter/particles of the universe apart and (new thought) it would pop like a balloon maybe.

I believe that time travel would have to be rather than a time machine, a Particle isolation chamber.

Time is just a label, a concept. Like table is a concept of wood, nails, flat, sturdy and so on.
These are just mere illusions when viewed as separate things but they are all one.
Your mind.

I just wish to share my insight.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

I really understand what you are saying, but I respectfully disagree (nevertheless, I've given a star for your though-provoking post).

Time is still something of a mystery, and I can only speculate. But if I would have to speculate, I would say that Time does exists. Time is that which prevents everything from happening at once. I personally subscribe to the many-world interpretation of Quantum theory, and I feel that our History looks like a gigantic tree. Choices between two histories (between branches of the tree) still happen without movements in our universe - because "no movement", just like "moving left" or "moving right", is still part of a historical choice. Time is the Great Playhead, which never stops (well, at least until it reaches the end of the track), and browses through the different space frames, so to give History. It's a bit like a vinyl disc, upon which has been recorded a song. At one point, the song might incorporate a silence, but that is by no mean an indication that the vinyl disc has stopped rotating (unless, of course, the playhead had reached the end of the track).

edit on 31-12-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

I understand where you come from but what you regard as time i comprehend as the flow of matter. Yeah our minds created time to comprehend the millions of star particles we are and that are floating about in the blink of a millisecond, but rather than it making time, it made matter and eyes in which a mathematical equation allows it to turn into something that can comprehend itself.

What you just explained there is the perpetual intelligence from the secret wisdom of the qabalah.

What im saying is, we should be calling it matter therefore, you look for matter.
Time is a measurement used to synchronize society, time is only made to ensure society stays flowing, think of how it would crumble if it did not have time. How would people and corporations work so well? They wouldn't because there clockless-ness would have knocked them off linear limit.

Time is a concept, the concept of time is made of distance, how much differentiation within a distance.

Basically what im saying is we can say that in 50 hours an apple has eroded twice as much as it would in 25 hours and it does..

But say we put the apple out in the heat for 50 hours, it erodes twice as much as the apple in the heat asif it was a hundred hours.

So how then can you measure people ageing with time?

The flow of matter is so minenute it cannot be measured by human devices.

Time is a human concept, time only exist if you comprehend it. We are rotting from negative energies, energies that we perceive to be negative. Mind is all.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Wisdomer
What im saying is, we should be calling it matter therefore, you look for matter.
Time is a measurement used to synchronize society, time is only made to ensure society stays flowing, think of how it would crumble if it did not have time. How would people and corporations work so well? They wouldn't because there clockless-ness would have knocked them off linear limit.

Time is a concept, the concept of time is made of distance, how much differentiation within a distance.

Good point. The equation which I discovered... it's still a mystery to myself. Do you reckon it could predict how exactly time is matter, energy, spaces?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

"Therefore the illusion is the counting, because to count is to measure, and you measure/count distance and speed, in order to measure time, which is measured by time.

A measurement, measures a measurement, measuring a measurement. With each label you label. You are just doing this.

Using a measurement to measure a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement, measuring a measurement. Until you sit and go huhh what is the measurement time measuring?

Trying to help you open the locks but you think get your fingers stuck inside it won't hinder your chances of opening the lock with the key."

In saying this in the post I created, I could reason that no matter what you call it, it is percept of the mind, and even the minds thoughts are a real force. So to measure it would be to manifest the immaterial, into the material, like emotions and sick ness.

I don't think we have a right to call it and for us to actually believe it to be the name we hold it to, even if we do see things, we see them as we are, not as they are for It just is.
edit on 4-1-2014 by Wisdomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

You could be right. What you are describing is biocentrism. I personally... oppose biocentrism interpretation. It seems to me it implies that since time is a construction of our minds, then before life (before minds could exist) time was not observed, and thus non-existent. Which leads to a paradox - how can life (and consciousness) appear in an universe with no time? For evolution to occur and assemble molecules into a living cell, time must be present in the first place. Otherwise there would be/have been no movement ever.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I am just attempting to explore the concept more deeply.

edit on 15-1-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join