It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet, Website weirdness.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Internet surfing led me to generic retin-a, the link took me to TBS, the Texas Bighorn Society. The page was gibberish, word salad, except for highlighted links to things like "valtrex on line" or "cipro from Mexico" otherwise TBS looks like a legit site whose goal is to restore bighorn sheep to texas.Some of the links led to access denied messages some led to other "gibberish" pages with similar highlighted links. One of the links from there took me to lexell lasers and a similar gibberish pagen on on otherwise legit looking site.
A link from a gibberish page there took me to a site called Rain Harvesting again, legit looking except for the gibberish page and "nexium prices" type highlighted links. One of the links there took me to National Coalition for Campus children's Centers and yet another gibberish page.
Before I go any further down this rabbit hole, does anyone know what the heck this is?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Does it mean that their payments for using this website name have expired. and the site is now being used for advertising until somebody else picks it up?
I've encountered that kind of situation before.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I don't think so, its a page here or there, gibberish and the links don't take you to anywhere to order anything just to other similar gibberish pages on other sites. Like a code.It reminds me of the dvd menu for memento.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Www.lexellaser.com/medication-nexium/ is one if the pages. Take a look. I'm on a cheap tablet or I'd post a screenshot or something.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I think my first theory could still work on the assumption that the same thing had happened to the linked sites.
You could have just stumbled on an assortment of websites which nobody wants to renew.
The Sargasso Sea of website names.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Then why are do some of the links lead to access denied messages? Why does a cifro hyperlink lead to a page on rainwater harvesting.com ?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

PS I don't know what site you're looking at, but Texanbighornsociety.org is apparently very active.
Perhaps they changed from one location to another and let the old name lapse.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   

That's the website that started it all. Looks legit except for the gibberish pages.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

So which pages take you to the gibberish?
I'm getting a normal page on "2014 roundup" and "work projects".

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Try texasbighornsociety.org/buy-clomid-cheap/

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Unfinished websites often use a fake language to fill up the pages.

This is all about SEO (search engine optimization)

Or maybe someone thought i'd be a good idea to use google translate.
edit on 20-12-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skaffa

These appear to be legit active websites. Look for yourself and follow the hyperlinks.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Tried that. My search engine just tells me "No related result".

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The Texas Bighorn site is a Joomla CMS (Content Management System) website. Those websites are updated by login to the site. My guess is someone, not affiliated with the website, accessed it & created all the junk pages to increase SEO for which ever websites they are linking out to.

I've seen it happen with other CMS type websites.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

OneisOne

The Texas Bighorn site is a Joomla CMS (Content Management System) website. Those websites are updated by login to the site. My guess is someone, not affiliated with the website, accessed it & created all the junk pages to increase SEO for which ever websites they are linking out to.

I've seen it happen with other CMS type websites.

Yeah. What the smart One said. Used to better placement on search engines.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
both the sites youve gave make no sense what so ever. tho theirs a theme of Islam running through them. maybe the sites do make sense but the paragraphs are jumble into a different order they would make sense.. very strange weird.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It sounds like it could be some sort of hacker spamming where they hack into a website and add gibberish pages that are some kind of spam link farming.

Can you access the gibberish pages from links offered on the normal website pages?

Or are they like secret pages accessed only through other gibberish pages and search engines?

I'm going to be looking over my website very carefully now, thanks for the heads up on this. S&F.

edit on 20-12-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added S&F Remark

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

The islam theme is disturbing, and some weird sentences about republicans, it's just weird.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

They are like secret pages not accessible thru the main menu. If you read the messages they are pretty bizzare.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
you have to go the main website then go to another capter of it to find the web page salad word ones then go from there... as i say maybe all of them put in some order might make sense..... very weird tho.. can i ask how the op came across these or was it by chance ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join