It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26 senators defy Obama on Iran sanctions, bill compels US to support Israel if...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

More than a quarter of the Senate introduced legislation Thursday that could raise sanctions on Iran and compel the United States to support Israel if it launches a pre-emptive attack on the Iranian nuclear program, defying President Barack Obama and drawing a veto threat.

www.kansascity.com...

The bill also compels the U.S. to provide Israel military, diplomatic and economic support if it attacks Iran's nuclear program.

Beyond the economic measures, the bill includes potentially contentious language requiring strong American action if Israel decides to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear program

www.firstpost.com...

Other sources and articles on the matter:
abcnews.go.com...

George Washington Spinning In Grave Over Senate Iran Resolution

Well, personally I sincerely hope this bill would not pass or even reach voting. Generally things have calmed down between Iran and western countries recently, some compromise was reached and now this... This would ruin all the diplomatic solutions being worked on and seemingly is pushing for a war, automatic military backing to Isreal if they decide to attack preliminarly is not far from a go-signal.

I believe war to never be a solution to anything. It only leads to deaths of the average people, who have nothing to do with the political madness, while military industry flourishes. There is always a diplomatic solution to problems.

I have no words, how some people can even propose such legislations and in my eyes,and the words US political madness describe this situation well.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Really, you think THIS time Iran is playing truthful and fair, it would be a complete 180 from anything they have ever agreed to....the constant stall and decieve tactics, keep watching...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

I believe war to never be a solution to anything.

You are wrong. It helps a corrupt government keep the people from seeing exactly how corrupt the government is.
3 trillion announced missing the day prior to September 11, 2001.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
Really, you think THIS time Iran is playing truthful and fair, it would be a complete 180 from anything they have ever agreed to....the constant stall and decieve tactics, keep watching...

They've been days away from getting a nuclear weapon for decades now. Who is the real liar?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

superman2012

teslahowitzer

They've been days away from getting a nuclear weapon for decades now. Who is the real liar?

If you think the US is the bad guy, then go live in Iran and renounce your US citizenship..... i would be happy as hell to hold on to it for ya!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

teslahowitzer

When was the last time Iran attacked another country?

How many countries is the US currently occupying right now?

Iran has a long way to go in the way of human rights, equal rights for both genders, ect., however I'm going to side with history and say Iran is not a threat to anyone and they have the right to defend themselves. Israel wishes they could provoke an attack from Iran.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Basically the US goes to war on the whimsy of another country. Possessing or the possibility of a weapon is now an act of war.

How can these people see this as an acceptable idea to anyone but themselves. I suppose some Americans will jump on the bandwagon for war also. Looks like worse will never bottom out.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

As the obama administration has thrown all of the US's historic allies under the bus, and Saudi Arabia is threatening to go into Syria alone - and Iran has never been truthful about anything in the past, just like North Korea -

Seems the world bankers are desperately attempting a WW3 scenario in the near future -

Maybe we'll get a "terrorist" attack for Xmas in the US?

Got to get the american sheeple all fired up to borrow more money to kill more people all around the world.

My personal opinion is that you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys anymore - how about just letting the members of the banking cartels and monopoly transnational corporations shoot eachother in the Thunderdome - and leave the rest of us alone.

I want to add that people should watch that old warmonger mccain over in the Ukraine, attempting to foment anti-putin/russian sentiment over there right now. That part of the world is very strategic to an all out WW3 scenario.
edit on 19-12-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

With all of the cleric outcries for the complete destruction of the satan america and Israel, sure give them a shiny bomb, I do not care who occupies what, when the little guy down the block claims to want to take me out, uses others technology to make the threat a reality, I keep a close eye on him...

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Hell yes, I think you may have the target dead center, very good point!!! wish I could give more than one star....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

Hmm.... Looks like the Israeli Lobbiest got their Checkbooks out for their Senate Lap Dogs regardless of their Political Ideaologies . Seems Both Sides of the Isle know Exactly which side their Bread is Buttered on , and it's Not PROMISE.......

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

North Korea has successfully tested Nukes. Why hasn't the US forced a regime change over there?

Most of the clerics are pissed at the US because we are have been occupying their land(the Middle East) and killing their people(Arabs and Muslims, many being civilians who were in the wrong place at the right time) for quite sometime now.

If we pull out of the Middle East, stop bombing and stop our drone attacks I do believe those clerics will calm down a little.

So when was the last time Iran attacked another country?
edit on 19-12-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Again, I do NOT give a rats rear who has or has not attacked who....regime change should happen here in america, but as threats have been lodged at the "zionist", do not turn your back on them, and NK has their own sanctions from many countries, they just want the world to feed their failing system, Iran wants to bring the end as stated in a certain book, I think it is called the 12th iman???

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

" So when was the last time Iran attacked another country? "

..........Yet

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

combatmaster

superman2012

teslahowitzer

If you think the US is the bad guy, then go live in Iran and renounce your US citizenship..... i would be happy as hell to hold on to it for ya!

What a piss poor argument. Your government is horrible, so go live in a place where the government is in some ways less, equally or more evil and the people hate you instead of complaining. Is what I got out of what you said. How about looking at VIABLE solutions instead of trolling.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Religeous terrorists embedded in the US government have
struck again using bribes and treachery to manipulate a
democratic government into committing crimes against
humanity. The same crime that those that lobby claim to br
victim of.

Israel is a stain on the earth. They hate everyone who is not
them. They pretend to be friends with those they need to fight
the ones they hate more at the moment. They lie, they steal
they murder for profit. They are evil in physical form.

Am I clear on my possition?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Happy1

As the obama administration has thrown all of the US's historic allies under the bus, and Saudi Arabia is threatening to go into Syria alone - and Iran has never been truthful about anything in the past, just like North Korea -

Seems the world bankers are desperately attempting a WW3 scenario in the near future -

Maybe we'll get a "terrorist" attack for Xmas in the US?

Got to get the american sheeple all fired up to borrow more money to kill more people all around the world.

My personal opinion is that you can't tell the good guys from the bad guys anymore - how about just letting the members of the banking cartels and monopoly transnational corporations shoot eachother in the Thunderdome - and leave the rest of us alone.

I want to add that people should watch that old warmonger mccain over in the Ukraine, attempting to foment anti-putin/russian sentiment over there right now. That part of the world is very strategic to an all out WW3 scenario

I tell ya, I got real shivers down my spine when I heard McCain deliver the famous GWB lines to the Ukrainians: "I hear you. We all hear you. The whole world hears you..." It kept me awake for hours that night.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

Holy crap, really? May i come and live where your glorious and truthful people supporting government dwells????? please, again holy damn crap....again, You dance around the points, go back to the same lame statements, and call my evil government evil...I WILL not discuss a topic going in circles, Was there not an Iran/Iraq war, not one attack from old Persia??? Iran has had just about every leader and cleric say the same things, destroy the satanistic zionists, bring on this 12th iman whatever and blah, blah....The people of Iran for the most part are great, the hardcores still run things, and when the next generation of these just great people find that there is no damn reason for all of this crap, we will have a culture that we can be proud of. We must stop letting out "leaders" brainwash us to do their bidding and provide their agenda engine. I have people from all over the middle east as friends, yes, friends, they see this garbage for what it REALLY is...love their country and culture, respect mine and this is the spark of evolution that may have to expand to revolution to end this crap. I do not trust my government, understand that, But I do not trust the government of Iran either, both have an agenda, but this is no way to solve anything, precise religion fueled by hate on one side, lies and greed on the other, neither side is right, evolution requires compromise, and if you cannot adjust one little bit....then watch as everything crumbles...In america, we must remove the traitors in our homeland, In iran, you must evolve to a state of equal treatment and actions, you may be just a generation away from greatness, we have a long road ahead for us to be great again. Americans do not love war, and do not start this crap about Iraq and the like, I know the real story and care not of your side of it. If we all evolve and learn to respect another, we will be ok, but fire a missle at Israel? not a good move....

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
All this talk isn’t necessary; it’s only two words to write THAT DESCRIBES THE REALITY BEHIND ALL OF THIS:

ZIONIST LOBBY!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

your reply says all I need to know, mind closed.....no need for any more information as it is futile...

<<   2  3 >>

join