It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water transfer printing process-Hydroghraphics is just amazing to see.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello all, I just happened to walk into the computer room whilst the wife was watching this video about the arts.
I did a double then triple take, I could not believe my eyes for a few minutes.

The video I am linking below is regarding automobiles but there are more available pertaining to pottery and such.

www.youtube.com...

I know its a long video (20 mins or so) if you like custom cars or pottery or other things this is a must watch.

Basically what they do is make the art on water then dip in whatever for a custom one of a kind paint job.

I am not too techie but I sure do appreciate science when it comes to this kind of stuff...
I hope you all enjoy this, and when I win the lottery I will buy a classic car and get the whole thing dipped in some fascinating vat of water and paint.

To the mods I figured this was the right forum, perhaps automotive but they do more than cars so do what you will with it.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 17-12-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
wow, that's very interesting. It is the same process as marbled paper used in the book arts, it is an old technique that dates from the renaissance period. I've haven't seen this modern application for it though, very cool

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

weirdguy
wow, that's very interesting. It is the same process as marbled paper used in the book arts, it is an old technique that dates from the renaissance period. I've haven't seen this modern application for it though, very cool

Thanks for your information I found this link and it is very interesting, where the heck have I been?
Absolutely stunning what they were capable way back then.
content.lib.washington.edu...
Many thanks for that information.

Regards, Iwinder
ETA
On a side not your signature had myself and the wife laughing very hard.
edit on 17-12-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I tried through several keywords and listings to find the hydrography used with pottery.

I mostly didn't come up with anything at all. Do you have a link for that, please?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
mind.

blown.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bronco73
mind.

blown.

Yours, mine, and anybody whom watches the magic take place.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join