It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind Blowing Wood Carving!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is amazing! A famous Chinese wood carver chopped down a single tree and tirelessly worked on it for over four years to make this piece. Your jaw will hit the floor when you see what he created.
It all started out with a simple tree trunk…

Then Zheng Chunhui, a famous wood carver, spent over four years creating this masterpiece.

The carving is based on the famous Chinese painting “Along the River During the Qingming Festival.” The original artwork was created over 1,000 years ago.

The piece won the Guinness World Record for the longest wooden carving and measures over 40ft (specifically, it is 12.286 meters long, is 3.075 meters tall at it highest point, and is also 2.401 meters wide).

The intricate carvings of daily life in ancient China are so detailed and perfect.

That was 8,760 hours well spent.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow, the talent of some people just astound me! Can you imagine the work that went into that?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

In a word, no.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Phenomenal! This artist is a truly gifted individual. Thanks for the post!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That guy sure has a lot of time on his hands
I'm glad he chose sculpture instead of robbing liquor stores or banks. Imagine if there was a kind thought put into every carved stroke. A lot of love in that piece . Happy Holidays to all!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Wow, simply wow. I can not imagine the dedication and the vision that was required to create such a piece. I wonder if any glue was used?

Either way incredible as I barely have the patience to trim my fingernails.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

WOW That is AMAZING!!

This IS art!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Mamatus
Wow, simply wow. I can not imagine the dedication and the vision that was required to create such a piece. I wonder if any glue was used?

Either way incredible as I barely have the patience to trim my fingernails.

I was wondering the same. I'm thinking that things like the figurines and such were carved separate and then glued in place? Maybe not. I'll see if I can find out. Either way, it's amazing.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
that is stunning. if the artist is a "master" craftsman worth his salt, it is a solid piece (i.e., nothing "glued into place").

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Incredible! How is so much talent wrapped up in one human? Talk about dedication and vision. The best I have ever done is whittled a semi-pointy stick.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Absolutely inspiring! How beautiful.
2nd.
edit on 12 14 2013 by Divine Strake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There's really no need for this is there??

Vulgar display of time wasted when one could have been helping the sick and needy.

That's all I have to say right now as I am away to volunteer at the children's hospital now.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hacker.....this is freaking so cool. Thanks for sharing this. It would take me four decades to carve this large of a chunk of wood and would end up looking like a big stick my dog chewed on or something. Again...so cool. Did you see the rope on the masts of the ships.....how the eff do you carve that?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

JustTheMan

Vulgar display of time wasted when one could have been helping the sick and needy.

That's all I have to say right now as I am away to volunteer at the children's hospital now.

The only vulgar waste of time is not using the gifts God blessed you with. This artist is obviously using his so how can anyone say what you just said? Was Bach wasting his time by writing music? Was Da Vinci or Michelangelo wasting their time? As long as you are using your God given gifts then it is impossible to be wasting your time.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It's an amazing tribute to Chinese culture. Not only that but it's simple presence will help to guarantee jobs and spinoff investment in the economy where it is displayed forever. Time well spent for numerous reasons.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

JustTheMan

This man with his art, has probably already brightened more peoples lives than you will at that hospital.

Do you hold all artistic en-devour to such standards? What a bright cheerful world you must have.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

benrl

JustTheMan

This man with his art, has probably already brightened more peoples lives than you will at that hospital.

Do you hold all artistic en-devour to such standards? What a bright cheerful world you must have.

When I see a reply like his it becomes obvious he is not going there to brighten the childrens day, he is going there to make HIMSELF feel good.
A genuine charitable person does not need to tell people what they have done.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think it looked better as a live tree.

Seems like a shame to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Sorry OP and everyone else who thinks this is so "awesome".

I think the tree was much more beautiful standing and alive.

Blue Wolf

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Caroline13456

Sorry OP and everyone else who thinks this is so "awesome".

I think the tree was much more beautiful standing and alive.

Blue Wolf

knew there would be "one of those".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join