It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown police say to media: move along

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

After a bruising year in which reporters and photographers from around the world crowded into Newtown to report on the Dec. 14 shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School, the town has repeatedly and emphatically asked the press to stay away on Saturday, the one-year anniversary of the tragedy.

This week, the town posted signs reading "No Media -- Police Take Notice" along the main road from the town center into Sandy Hook.

I knew this was coming and personally living so close and knowing how some of the families feel ,it's a good thing. The families and people of Newtown have been through the meat grinder. Just leave them alone.

The bottom line here is Newtown says " Leave us alone ,give us time to heal"

www.ctpost.com...

Related:

Sandy Hook mom: a year of grief and gratitude

My brother calls it "the lost week."

It was late in the year but the first days of 2012, A.L. -- after Lauren -- when our family was ripped from our ordinary lives and thrown into a previously unimaginable reality.

www.ctpost.com...

Related:

Malloy fights back tears discussing Sandy Hook

An emotional Gov. Dannel P. Malloy this morning brought a news conference to a halt, fighting back tears when reporters asked him about his plans for the anniversary of the Newtown school shootings.

www.ctpost.com...

edit on 13-12-2013 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

Sorry I will be attending a service for two of my friends that lost their kids and a husband that lost his wife of 45 years.

Oh and once again people that ask me ..NO! you will not give you their names.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is a "loss of Freedom" I am more than willing to live with. The constant media attention on these shootings just makes more of them. Of course the media loves this crap, so good luck Newtown I hope you manage to succeed in your goal.

Media is nothing but whores. Makes me want to puke when I see bad # happening on TV and the reporters and witnesses are barely stifling a gleeful smile. Often not succeeding I might ad.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Mamatus
This is a "loss of Freedom" I am more than willing to live with. The constant media attention on these shootings just makes more of them. Of course the media loves this crap, so good luck Newtown I hope you manage to succeed in your goal.

Media is nothing but whores. Makes me want to puke when I see bad # happening on TV and the reporters and witnesses are barely stifling a gleeful smile. Often not succeeding I might ad.

A star for you my friend we ALL feel the same in our surrounding towns!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yes, they held a press conference to announce that they wanted privacy.

Also to announce their new website where you can go to send them money.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
No press please, we are still trying to get our story together...
Too many questions that folks still want answers for.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I keep repeating this on ATS. It is pertinent here....

In the words of Pythagoras...."When free men need laws, they are no longer fit for freedom." That is my response to any moron wanting to complain about the Newtown stance here.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I keep repeating this on ATS. It is pertinent here....

In the words of Pythagoras...."When free men need laws, they are no longer fit for freedom." That is my response to any moron wanting to complain about the Newtown stance here.

Thank You!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would take the appeal-to-emotion aspect more seriously if they hadn't let the press swan right in to interview everyone just hours after the attack occurred. That said, I think that it's indeed time to finally leave everything alone over there. Besides, there's nothing left that any investigator could find that would answer any questions... at least, I don't think there would be.

edit on 13-12-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All I can say is I hope the people of Newtown don't have it crash on their heads later.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

alienbiopsy
All I can say is I hope the people of Newtown don't have it crash on their heads later.

Don't worry Newtown has the back up many Firefighters ,cops state and local and various motorcycle clubs including the Hell's Angeles!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I knew this was coming and personally living so close and knowing how some of the families feel ,it's a good thing. The families and people of Newtown have been through the meat grinder. Just leave them alone.

I want to reply to this and this alone, so I'll note I haven't read down from this yet.

I can see your point and I've followed your posting going back. I very much appreciate your point of view and where you're coming from on this whole event.

Having said that for context? I think this is 100% precisely the wrong approach and it's doubling down on bad decisions like this that have characterized the whole thing from the start. Absolutely nothing SH related, in specifics, involved here. I'm talking about the pure ability to handle Public relations on a major event. Any event. They got the worst imaginable to come up short on ...but come up short, they have and still are. At least in this area of it.

If you tell a child not to touch the hot stove, and I don't recall if you're a parent to know how true this literally IS, but if they haven't experienced the downside to know why....telling them not to without more context will insure they will soon learn and have that hard lesson to carry. Hopefully without too much damage...

Telling the Media no is waving a blazing red flag in the face of a crowd of bulls. In fact, a crowd of rabid bulls given this cases history. If they were determined before, now it's public access principle, and they very well may be obnoxious beyond anything it would have been.

We'll see how this goes....but control has been the effort and the fail from the start, and I'm surprised to see the control is still being attempted in a ham fisted way.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

I want to reply to this and this alone, so I'll note I haven't read down from this yet.

I can see your point and I've followed your posting going back. I very much appreciate your point of view and where you're coming from on this whole event.

Having said that for context? I think this is 100% precisely the wrong approach and it's doubling down on bad decisions like this that have characterized the whole thing from the start. Absolutely nothing SH related, in specifics, involved here. I'm talking about the pure ability to handle Public relations on a major event. Any event. They got the worst imaginable to come up short on ...but come up short, they have and still are. At least in this area of it.

If you tell a child not to touch the hot stove, and I don't recall if you're a parent to know how true this literally IS, but if they haven't experienced the downside to know why....telling them not to without more context will insure they will soon learn and have that hard lesson to carry. Hopefully without too much damage...

Telling the Media no is waving a blazing red flag in the face of a crowd of bulls. In fact, a crowd of rabid bulls given this cases history. If they were determined before, now it's public access principle, and they very well may be obnoxious beyond anything it would have been.

We'll see how this goes....but control has been the effort and the fail from the start, and I'm surprised to see the control is still being attempted in a ham fisted way.

I just got back from a very salum service in a Newtown I spoke to 2 of my friends that lost their kids a husband that lost his wife...all we could do was hug...no words....just tears.
I Thank you for your support . We have mods on here with real CLASS a forgotin term today with the young. Once again Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You're welcome and I can only take from your lack of additional comment, that things went smoothly with regard to what the fears had been for disruptions.

If so, I'm very glad to hear it.

Take it easy... You folks (including you, personally) have been through a lot. An incredible amount... You all deserve a break and R&R time, IMO.

new topics

top topics

join