It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are my replies to threads being removed in my inbox??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Not just 2 mins ago, I had a reply to a thread in my inbox, I clicked it, it went directly to the member who replied to me; in trying to make a reponce to their quesiton, FF peg my CUP @ 90%....I closed FF, reopened ATS ..

and the original reply was and is NOT in my inbox..

I'd like to hear from a mod or higher on this.. since it deals with a privacy issue.

thx

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Mine too. One minute they are there, and after I click ONE and go back? They are all gone.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by Komodo

Mine too. One minute they are there, and after I click ONE and go back? They are all gone.

exactly.. !!!

I'd like to seriously know who is doing it and why .. or if ATS is being hacked ..

and it would be great if this would be posted on the LIVE portal as well..
edit on 13-12-2013 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Helloooo MODS!!!!

Komodo-Im sure we arent being hacked, but it has something computer-page related that apparently "clears" everything after we make a 1st acknowledge click to open, and it thinks we've read them all when we havent....

MODDDDDDDSSSS!!!?!??!??!??!?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by Komodo

Helloooo MODS!!!!

Komodo-Im sure we arent being hacked, but it has something computer-page related that apparently "clears" everything after we make a 1st acknowledge click to open, and it thinks we've read them all when we havent....

MODDDDDDDSSSS!!!?!??!??!??!?

perhaps.. however,

2 weeks ago I logged in nothing was in my inbox which was kinda odd given the amount of activity I'm on here.. then the next day.. ALL of my replies were in my inbox.. (?!?) I was like hmmmmmm.. could have been a glitch .......but with this new 'bug' .....something is not right.. why only that one reply and not the entire inbox ?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Clearly.. you guys are on the watch list.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It is probably a bug (or perhaps a feature to keep our inboxes clean?). I just checked and confirmed it. It will be reported to the necessary folks.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Gemwolf
It is probably a bug (or perhaps a feature to keep our inboxes clean?). I just checked and confirmed it. It will be reported to the necessary folks.

thank
you

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

luciddream
Clearly.. you guys are on the watch list.

ha ! LOL...

I've been on the watch list for decades .. they have my SSN .. as they do everyone else ..

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Found a link for you by SkepticOverlord - See here. It is - as I thought a "feature" (and not a bug as I suggested). The argument is that once you've seen that someone replied to one of your posts, there is no point in keeping the message.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I just logged in after a week. Mine are gone to with exception to my last reply from a week or so ago. Must be a server issue

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Gemwolf
reply to post by Komodo

Found a link for you by SkepticOverlord - See here. It is - as I thought a "feature" (and not a bug as I suggested). The argument is that once you've seen that someone replied to one of your posts, there is no point in keeping the message.

not so ..

it's not doing with with any other of my replies I looked up ..

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Then I don't understand your problem.

I've got it like this:

You open up your Private Messages.
You click on the Thread Replies.
You click on one of the notifications that someone replied to your post.
That notification is automatically deleted from your box.
Note: The notification isn't removed from your box immediately. While you've got the Window/Tab open it will remain there. Once you close the window and open the Private Messages > Thread Replies again that notification (and any others you may have clicked) are gone. This is a built-in "feature" of the site software.
All notifications (that someone replied to one of your posts) will remain in your box until the moment you click on them.
All of the above are ONLY valid for thread replies notification, and NOT for member messages sent and received, i.e. inbox and sent items.

So, with that in mind, please describe your problem again.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Gemwolf
reply to post by Komodo

I've got it like this:

Note: The notification isn't removed from your box immediately. While you've got the Window/Tab open it will remain there. Once you close the window and open the Private Messages > Thread Replies again that notification (and any others you may have clicked) are gone. This is a built-in "feature" of the site software.
All notifications (that someone replied to one of your posts) will remain in your box until the moment you click on them.
All of the above are ONLY valid for thread replies notification, and NOT for member messages sent and received, i.e. inbox and sent items.

ok ..

seems to be working as intended

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

N.S.A has taken over A.T.S, All of you descentors are being experimented on with syc war fare to drive you insane.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Gemwolf
reply to post by Komodo

I've got it like this:

old links still showing up in my inbox.. specifically this one

LOL

top topics

join