It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any sound technicians inda house?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hey guys I need some help cleaning up some sound on a recording I made, its a WMV file that I made using my lappy. Unfortunately the mic was both weak and far away and there is also alot of background noise.

Any ideas on how I can clean it up a bit?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Download audacity. Its a free program where you can load your audio file and try and clean it up or bring up certain levels and reduce others.
audacity.sourceforge.net...
edit on 13-12-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

What software do you use for sound editing?
Is there a Noise reduction filter?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'm an audio engineer, I recommend downloading and checking out Audacity, as well. Then import the file, save it, and then try selecting parts or all of it and use some of the effects.

There is a picture of the Audacity interface - you could try compressor (this makes the sound file softer but cleans it up), high pass filter, low pass filter, clip fix (this fixes the clips, or the audio peaks that cause crackling), noise removal, leveler, compressor, click removal and maybe bass and treble in order to amplify the sounds you need.

edit on 13amFri, 13 Dec 2013 03:14:10 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thanks guys

You all make it sound so easy LOL

As to the question of what software I use, absolutely none haha. This is my 1st attempt at anything more technical than Windows movie maker, and even using that basic program I struggle.

I have a look at Audacity but Im fairly certain there will be a whiny little girly post from me in about an hour saying how much I hate computers and they are all against me

Thanks again guys

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

OK first hiccup

The file is a video file and audacity says I have to convert the file to audio, I tried to convert it with a program on the computer but it keeps saying file is blocked???

EDIT: Hold da phone, I think I can import it to movie maker and then just save it as an audio file.
If that works I am officially a sound tech wizz and could be coming for your job soon Darkbake

edit on 13/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The simplest way to seperate the audio track is by using FFMPEG. But if you have software that says the file is locked, make sure you dont have it open in another application first.
edit on 13/12/2013 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Definitely try and bring it into Movie Maker and see if you can somehow extract it as an audio file, like an .mp3. And don't forget to hit me up if you need any audio engineering help.
edit on 14amSat, 14 Dec 2013 06:25:46 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join