It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mblah's kitchen got an early Christmas gift!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well Christmas came early for mblah's kitchen

UPS came to the door and had two boxes and one said Cuisinart with a picture of a mixer. I was like OMG I know what that is! I just smiled while my husband on the other hand cursed the store he ordered from. The UPS guy just laughed. I think he thought it would come in another unmarked box, well it didn't. Good for me since I get to use it now!

I have been making all kinds of baked goodies since Sunday for my holiday gift baskets full of food. I borrowed my moms Kitchenaid mixer for the job since my hand mixer would never do. It actually died while making the cream for the homemade Oreo's. It didn't last long!! Table top mixers really do make baking easier.

My husband always asks why I never bake. I told him I didn't enjoy it as much and I think that was because I never had the proper baking equipment. For me it requires a completely different set of kitchen "tools" than I have. lol Well slowly I've been getting those tools and today I got the mega tool! Woohoo!

First thing i"m making in it tonight is French Silk pie. We are making cast iron deep dish pizza and of course we need a dessert.

My hubby rocks.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Good stuff!
I got my Kitchen-aid a few years ago, and I have almost all of the attachments except for a couple of the pasta cutters.
These things make life sooooooo much easier.
Enjoy your effort free breads!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Im
officially
jealous!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Congrats,

You have more than erned it with all you contribute in the way of recipies. Now I need to order myself one just so I can try to keep up with all your new incoming stuff.

One of these days I'll post a mango bread recipe.

Merry X-Mas early,

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Grats on your new toy!

Also for mention cast iron deep dish pizza! I recently purchased a cast iron set and after reading your post looked up a recipe to make it!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OOoooh nice! I went for years with cheap kitchen equipment and I agree with your assessment about that. Congratulations and since it's come early for you, Merry Christmas!
BTW, what is silk pie?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I like 10 layer chocolate cake. I'm just sayin.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Congrats I know how much you love to cook too.

So when can we all come over for dinner?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Realtruth
Congrats I know how much you love to cook too.

So when can we all come over for dinner?

Hey you! Long time no see

ATS needs to have a meet up and I would soooo cook for it! lol

Yup I love to cook. I think I made over 200 cookies over the course of 3 weeks. I made about 2 dozen loaves of bread as well. I enjoyed it!

new topics

top topics

join