It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely clueless congresswoman stuns with Benghazi answer at town hall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
U.S. Congresswoman Ann Kuster from New Hampshire was recently at what looks like a town hall style meeting.

She was asked something about Benghazi and about a House resolution that involves some kind of committee.

Watch the video and see if this woman is trying to be the world's best actress by total avoiding the issue by making it a "non-issue", or if She is possibly one the most idiotic people to ever be elected.

She actually says she was there to talk about the Middle East, not Benghazi...

“Well, I’m certainly not here to talk about it. We’re here to talk about the Middle East.”

It’s truly difficult to know who is more clueless: Democratic congresswoman Ann Kuster or the New Hampshire voters who elected her to represent them in Washington.

In what has to be the stupidest answer ever given to a question – including those horrible, painful to watch, so-stupid-they’ve-gone-viral answers given by pageant contestants – Kuster proved she is utterly useless as a member of the House of Representatives.

Some media outlets were kinder and gentler in their coverage of Kuster’s ignorance: “Ann Kuster clumsily refused to answer a question on the Benghazi attacks during a recent town hall, frantically looking to the moderator for assistance needed,”

Absolutely clueless congresswoman stuns with Benghazi answer at town hall

"Ann Kuster dodges Benghazi Q&A by saying it is not in Middle East"
^^^^^^ The future of the country is in their hands !!

edit on Dec-09-2013 by xuenchen because: LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't know if that's good or bad... Obviously, she knows she's in a spot and I can see how she could get there..but I'm not sure it helps her any. Libya isn't in the Middle East, and if you believe the official line of hooey, then Libya was an isolated action entirely related to internal forces and spontaneous revolt of the people against a madman...and on and on, etc.

Check any map..and I mean the bright colorful ones in nice neonish highlight that even Congress can see and grasp from more than a few feet away...and Libya is North Africa. Not a small thing. It's a different US Military Command and different division in most US agencies from the Middle East.

Hence..in HER world, Libya can really be a place with nothing to do with the Middle East.

Like I said..I don't think the likely explanation helps her one little bit. It makes it worse, if anything.... She's that removed from a normal American.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yet another reason why we are so damn screwed... add this moron to the list, and this list is long and downright pathetic...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Libya is Africom's problem.. not in the M>E. According to those pesky govt types.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well you risk being seen as an idiot yourself (or replicating idiocy). Benghazi is in Lybia and that is an African nation more correctly part of the Maghreb region of North Africa and so Lybia is not in the Middle East.

I accept as correct that Lybia may fall under the US definition of the term but in Europe it normally defines only the Arabic Peninsula. From Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Syria and Iran. Turkey is excluded (but part of it is today on the region, due to the expansion of the Ottoman Empire) and there is no way that in Europe we include Pakistan in it...
edit on 10-12-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

That is about an ignorant an excuse as the high school that claimed they dropped the Pledge of Allegiance because it took to much time from class.....a whole 11 seconds worth.
[which the students balked about and they reinstated it]

Pressure or not, some people just come out sounding stupid when they attempt to avoid a subject.
That's where "No Comment" comes in handy....

Only Bill Clinton could evade questions like a pro

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Panic2k11

Well you risk being seen as an idiot yourself (or replicating idiocy). Benghazi is in Lybia and that is an African nation more correctly part of the Maghreb region of North Africa and so Lybia is not in the Middle East.

well from the YouTube link...

"The Eisenhower Doctrine, a 1957 foreign policy of the United States government, was the first to officially use the term Middle East.[9] Secretary of State John Foster Dulles defined the Middle East as "the area lying between and including Libya on the west and Pakistan on the east, Syria and Iraq on the North and the Arabian peninsula to the south, plus the Sudan and Ethiopia.

and;
Middle- East

But there are different definitions and opinions from different sources.

Still doesn't answer why the woman appeared to be ignorant of the whole issue ?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Panic2k11

Everyone's an expert

If she actually answered the question all we would get is juggling lies anyways. Good gig if you can get it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

METACOMET

Panic2k11

Everyone's an expert

If she actually answered the question all we would get is juggling lies anyways. Good gig if you can get it.

She would have been pretty awesome if she had answered," Are you trying to get me effing fired?! If I answer that, my ass will be in a sling.. NEXT!"

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

But there are different definitions and opinions from different sources.

Still doesn't answer why the woman appeared to be ignorant of the whole issue ?

Maybe she took a page out of Obama's playbook....The Art of Deception and Evading Important Questions
Of course, she's still a rookie

Or maybe, just maybe, she really doesn't know.

I'm starting to feel that way about Obama. He just doesn't know what's going on.
Valerie Jarrett forgot to fill him in

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Doesn't matter if it's in the middle east, north africa, america, antartica or the moon... She didn't want to answer the question regardless! Most likely this dingbat has no clue about what really happened in Bhengazi.... she was either smart to stay away from the question or to scared to really answer it!! Either way she's a Dingbat!!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

snarky412

Maybe she took a page out of Obama's playbook....The Art of Deception and Evading Important Questions
Of course, she's still a rookie

Or maybe, just maybe, she really doesn't know.

Or maybe she knows that she can draw her own electoral district, congressional Recidivism is in the high 90's% and she just doesn't care about Benghazi because any debate on the subject does nothing to serve her common crony interests.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
UM, Is she a democrat?
Did the subject happen on their watch?
Why would she want to talk about The Libyan thing?
She could have been a little more adroit however....surely the gov people don't think we are that uninformed about their failures do they?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

stirling
UM, Is she a democrat?
Did the subject happen on their watch?
Why would she want to talk about The Libyan thing?
She could have been a little more adroit however....surely the gov people don't think we are that uninformed about their failures do they?

"The People" have shown they have very short attention spans and fits of voluntary amnesia. Of course "they" think so. The People seem pretty forgiving when its their TEAM screwing up. You hear them cheering all the time, even on here. Go Donkeys!!! Go Elephants!! Its all the other guys fault!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Being a politician I'd say by default she's clueless.
But I do believe Benghazi is in Libya which is in Africa, not the ME.
I may be wrong, it has happened once before.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

VandalX
Doesn't matter if it's in the middle east, north africa, america, antartica or the moon... She didn't want to answer the question regardless! Most likely this dingbat has no clue about what really happened in Bhengazi.... she was either smart to stay away from the question or to scared to really answer it!! Either way she's a Dingbat!!

so was hillary.

she is the queen dingbat.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

"Ann Kuster dodges Benghazi Q&A by saying it is not in Middle East"

Um, this isn't really a geography lesson, but the fact is that Bengazi is NOT in the Middle-East. (alternate Middle-East map) (the CIA's definition of 'Middle-East') I suggest that the CIA's definition would be the closest thing to an 'official' definition for a Congresscritter to use.

You really should make sure you know what you are talking about before you call someone else clueless. Otherwise, people might just get the wrong opinion of exactly who is clueless.
edit on 10/12/2013 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2013 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

To think that one will probably be the next president...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Not everyone watches Fox News 24/7 to let Sean Hannity inform them of what they need to worry about (Benghazi?) and what not to pay attention to (their own lack of jobs, education, idiotic issues like whether some flag brainwashing is said in school every day, the overwhelming pollution of the planet, the incoming radiation from Fukushima that nobody's talking about, rampant bankrupcies and foreclosures, people living on the streets while houses go empty, the rapidly increasing cost of GMO poisoned food, extreme weather events, and oh, so much more...).

Benghazi was a tragedy for the people involved and their families, but it was an embassy in a very dangerous part of the world and those people stationed there knew that. They were paid well for their time served and could've declined the postings.

Step away from the teevee. Complaining about a clueless Congresscritter while not being able to spell the country you want her to talk about is pitiful.

And if dumb is a requirement for Congress, feel free to run yourselves and may the potshots begin!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I will determine to me what is important, not you...the basic deal here is the lies and coverup of this transparent administration, please attempt to get this concept. The list of lies grows with every action that they do. There will always be the other side, but truth and honor should be the foundation of the landscape. All of the problems of the world are not ignored by everyone and the mindless drones will always follow the piper off the cliff. yes, there are other matters, but hold every administration to the same standards and you will get more truth......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join