It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Thinking of Losing Hat Coz "it looks kind of dumb" LOL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

VATICAN CITY (The Borowitz Report)—In his latest break with Catholic orthodoxy, Pope Francis said today that he was “seriously considering losing the hat,” the tall ceremonial mitre that has long been a signature of papal dress.

“I know I’m going to catch hell for saying this, but it looks kind of dumb,” he said. “Besides, you expect me to believe God really cares if I wear a big pointy hat or not? Come on.”

The Pontiff said that he would probably “try out some different looks, like a baseball cap or something” over the next few weeks, “just to see what happens.”

“If a lightning bolt comes out of the sky and cracks St. Peter’s in two, then I guess we’ll know it was a bad idea,” he chuckled.

Pope Thinking of Losing Hat Coz "it looks kind of dumb" LOL

This sure made me laugh, LOL

Starting to end with some old ceremonials and symbols ?

What`s next ?

Btw, don`t think this is true, just satire, but he sure should put an end to certain symbols and ceremonials that are totally out of time and mean nothing.
edit on 9-12-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Good for him. I does look silly. I agree that God is not going to mind.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ha...that is great. At least he is trying to change a bit with the times and be more of a people Pope. Would love to see what kind of ball cap they work up for him....that would be great to see in the glass case next to all the others.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure that's satire.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I have 2 clients (married) that are ordained ministers and, back when the pedophile priest issue all over the news, she said they had long, heated arguments over whether, or not, they should "ditch the silly clown hats."

She was, obviously, for the ditching of said hats.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Well, I don`t think this is true either but funny anyway

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I am starting to like the new pope a lot

link   
It is a tad silly. I am not catholic but I kind of like the new pope. He seems to be shaking things up a little bit more than any that came before him. I do often wonder what catholics think of him (the majority) and his changes as I do not know any that are practicing personally. He seems to be well liked in the "media" for sure.

link   

Vasa Croe
At least he is trying to change a bit with the times and be more of a people Pope.

He is only good at pretending to be a Pope of the people, don't forget that he still is the head of the most corrupt institution on this little pale blue dot, known for drug trafficking, money laundering, siding with fascist movements and rogue governments, aswell as spreading a short sighted, intolerant and out-dated religious message.

I have nothing against religion, nor the believe in God, but I certainly do oppose the Vatican.

link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yep, definitely satire. Other articles from the Borowitz Report include "Obama Declares Day of Gloating" and "Florida Considers Eliminating All Laws."

link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

as you should. he was a bouncer and bouncers are always your friend, lest you wind up on the wrong side of the velvet rope.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What this pope has been saying, not just the hat business, is true, but something that should have been said 1500 years ago. I just think the Catholic Church is so irrelevant that even if the pope says the bible is a bunch of nonsense, what would that even change? Are they trying to give the chirch a facelift? Cause it probably won't work, and Christians will just get angry. Or is this Pope somehow a rogue who miraculously got picked? I don't know and frankly don't really care.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Satire, while good when intended, can be rather yeeerrghhhhheeeerrr when it's taken seriously by some people.

Here we have that mix.

Oo

Yeeerrghheeeeerrr...

oO

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Miraculousleuoly got picked?

Looksperfetcly legit to me!!

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Whenever I think of the Pope or the Vatican, I always think of one of my favourite passages from the bible:

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." - Luke 18:18-30, Mark 10:17-31, Matthew 19: 16-30

Why dress up in all the gold and finery? I feel like this Pope sees some of the hypocrisy in it all, still, could easily be a stooge to keep people like us from 'Pope bashing'.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

winofiend
Satire, while good when intended, can be rather yeeerrghhhhheeeerrr when it's taken seriously by some people.

Here we have that mix.

Oo

Yeeerrghheeeeerrr...

oO

I figured it was The Onion. When i saw The New Yorker I knew it was Borowitz.

I love satire. It helps you find the naive on ATS. THOSE are the ones you then send U2U's to, claiming to be a Nigerian prince.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 9-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah must admit they are not very good hats are they, too tall, no brim not machine washable...ditch the clown hats!!
edit on 9-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: o

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I love satire. It helps you find the naive on ATS. THOSE are the ones you then send U2U's to, claiming to be a Nigerian prince.

Now THAT is funny!
Well done.
The hats do look ridiculous.
edit on 9-12-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

If only he had actually said that. There might actually be hope. Video below by the Who sums it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join