It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a person sue the Church?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

badgerprints

akushla99

badgerprints

Unrealised
Thirty three years ago, I was born.

Can a victim of the Church sue them for a lifetime of inner torment, stress and lost happiness?
edit on 8-12-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

Not to put too fine a point on it but that was about as self indulgent a take on religion as any I've ever heard.
Oliver twist should eat his heart out.

You're a 33 year old man. Act like you have a pair.
Or just sit down and have a good cry about it and move on.

This is an example of the perp-blames-victim mentality that is the scourge of so-called Christian Love...the same catchcry of the echelons of the greater church supposedly investigating the demonic practices perpetrated on innocent children by the hands and private parts of 'men of God'...abuse, includes psychological abuse, otherwise, abuse laws around the western world would not be so prescriptive...it is the law...and the flippant 'act like you got a pair' is ignorance and lack of love personified.

Å99

An act of love?
Grown man gets all weepy and blames the church for the fact that he's unhappy.
If anyone around him loves him they'll tell him to quit riding the self pity train and get on with life.
Sue the church?
Can I sue society for all of the whiny babies that want to sit around bleeding their hearts out because not enough people love them?

I gave him my sympathy but he wanted empathy.
Guess what?
EMPATHY IS WASTED ON THE SELF INDULGENT.
Love is too, for that matter.

Enjoy your emo party.

You wouldn't make a very good counsellor at all my friend...emo party, what a cracker...hahaha...

Religion is a part of society. You can sue your employer for bullying, vilification...etc...so yes, you can sue parts of society, of which religious organisations are one...have you heard what's happening around the world in relation to physical and psychological abuse perpetrated by the church at large...big payouts, massive excuses, priests being moved to other locations...yes the church can be sued, and it's about time some of that filthy lucre was wrested from thier sweaty god-fearing hands, while children die in homes, on the street...and Papy and cohorts get to dress in regal ermine, crying poverty, and innocence...yes the church can be sued, and should...enough is damn well enough....feed the poor, clothe the naked and house the homeless...hypocrites and blame evaders...yes the church can be sued.

Å99

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
can this man sue his mother for giving birth to him with no arms or legs?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

spartacus699
can this man sue his mother for giving birth to him with no arms or legs?

Strictly speaking...no...but since it is a gene mutation, perhaps God could be sued...

He is inspirational, but what has he got to lose? (pardon the pun)

Å99

<< 1  2   >>

join