It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot In Singapore 8th December 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

SINGAPORE: Police say the riot in Little India which broke out on Sunday night took place after a fatal accident between a bus and a person at the junction of Race Course Road and Hampshire Road.

The accident took place at 9.23pm on Sunday.

In a statement, police said a riot broke out shortly after the accident, involving a crowd of about 400 people.

Five police vehicles and one ambulance were damaged as a result.

Several other private vehicles were also damaged.

Ten officers were also injured in the riot.

Police say the Special Operations Command and Gurkha Contingent were called to the scene.

Police added that the situation is under control.

Residents in Little India are advised to remain indoors while police operations are ongoing.

The public is advised to stay away from the affected area.

Members of the public are also advised to stay calm and not to speculate on this incident.

In a statement, Deputy Prime Minister and Home Affairs Minister, Teo Chee Hean said: "This is a serious incident which has resulted in injuries and damage to public property. The situation is now under control. Police will spare no efforts to apprehend the subjects involved in the riot."

Police say further updates will be given when available.

Mob attacked emergency vehicles responding to the fatal accident in Little India

The mob involved in the Little India riot attacked emergency vehicles that were responding to the fatal accident between a private bus and a person at the junction of Race Course Road and Hampshire Road, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) on Monday.

Police cars and ambulance set on fire / destroyed. Casualties unconfirmed for now. However, chatters are tweeting 2 policemen and 3 civilians dead.

I am a jobless local Singaporean.
It is ironic that Singapore government brought in these foreign / immigrants, give them jobs and finally they perpetrated such undue riot. Disgusting indeed.

www.straitstimes.com...
www.channelnewsasia.com...
www.straitstimes.com...
theindependent.sg/rioting-in-little-india/
sg.news.yahoo.com...

i42.tinypic.com...
inagist.com...
inagist.com...
twitter.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.news.com.au...

edit on 12/8/2013 by wisdomnotemotion because: more details & links

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
27 suspects from South Asia arrested in connection with the Little India riot

Police have arrested 27 suspects from South Asia in connection with the Little India riots on Sunday, which left 10 police officers and four civil defence officers injured.

The riots, which were not premeditated, were sparked off by a fatal accident involving a 33-year-old Indian national who was knocked down by a private bus, and had involved some 400 people. Five police vehicles and one ambulance were damaged in the fracas, which started at about 9.23pm on Sunday.

Commissioner of Police Ng Joo Hee said in a press conference on Monday that the riot was resolved by the police within an hour after the call was received. He added that no Singaporean was believed to have been involved in the riots, adding that destruction of property and fighting the police is not the Singapore way.

The driver of the private bus involved in the accident before the riots remains in hospital and is not arrested, said CP Ng. Some 300 police officers responded to the Little India riot but not a single shot - lethal or non-lethal - was fired.

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ive stayed in the hotel that the footage was taken from, Parkroyal I believe.

That is the dodgiest part of Singapore and it seemed really out of place compared to the rest of the city.
The characters who live in the area.... Lets just say this doesnt surprise me

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Ive stayed in the hotel that the footage was taken from, Parkroyal I believe.

That is the dodgiest part of Singapore and it seemed really out of place compared to the rest of the city.
The characters who live in the area.... Lets just say this doesnt surprise me

Thanks for the reply. I just wish to share my heart out...

The government brought in foreigners and immigrants of all levels (low, mid & high), give them jobs and in the end they perpetrated such undue riot.

As I'm a jobless Singaporean, I feel disgusted by this and I don't know how much longer I'll be jobless.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Why not come up to KL?

How certain are you these people are immigrants?
Would you want the jobs that immigrants (or the ones in the riots anyway) have?

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

Hey mate,

I sent you a U2U, get in touch with me

top topics

join