It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Highrise Right Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I haven't been able to get any news stories about this yet. This is from a fireman friends own page. Anybody got any details?

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

wirefly
I haven't been able to get any news stories about this yet. This is from a fireman friends own page. Anybody got any details?

www.facebook.com...

That is the Bank Of America tower, tallest building in downtown Atlanta. We have been having lots of rain/fog. I will check local news to see if I can find anything. Brb.

ETA: checked all local news channels, listening to WSB news radio, nothing yet. If this was real, it would be all over Atlanta news. Thinking it is a picture of the fog, but, I cannot imagine a firefighter hoaxing that? Don't know what else to say...

edit on 7-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

No info, but I hope everyone is okay. For the record I bet it won't pull a trade center 7 on us.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't see much there. The top is supposed to be lit up like that. Nothing on the news. Looks like a non story at this point.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Let's hope this is just an artifact of the weather conditions and not this sort of scenario.

If anyone actually is fighting a fire in this kind of building, I hope it's easy to control and gets put out soon.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
I don't see much there. The top is supposed to be lit up like that. Nothing on the news. Looks like a non story at this point.

Yes, the top is always lit up. The only thing that catches my attention is what appears to be the smoke from the right of the top. As I said above, I think it is fog, that building is UP there.

ETA: low clouds or fog. That western stormfront came through today, our temps were in the mid 70's, due to drop 25 degrees today/tonight.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Fire looks much hotter too, so I guess it will happen. I hope nobody gets hurt.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Let's hope so. I assumed that since a fireman posted that on their own Fire Company page that they were accurate. Sorry if I was being alarmist guys.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

wirefly

OccamsRazor04

Let's hope so. I assumed that since a fireman posted that on their own Fire Company page that they were accurate. Sorry if I was being alarmist guys.

Hey, I don't blame you. Had I seen that, I would have, too! It is the tallest building in Atlanta, it IS BoA, so, too many coincidences? Creepy, but hey, don't blame ya.

Since it isn't all over the news, still nothing on WSB, someone should call the firestation (non-emergency) and ask. That shouldn't be posted if it's a fabrication. (On the fire website).

Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
People can say or be anyone on the 'net. Saying so and so sent it might not be true.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ok, WSB news is on now, SEC Championships, talking about armed officers all over. 41 degrees, colder, possible drizzle tonight, 70% chance of rain tomorrow. Now talking about the ice out west, historic ice event. Stay tuned for weather.
WH announces the Obama's, Bush, Clintons, Carter, going to Mandella funeral. All on Air Force One. Lol wow...
Delta Flight diverted from Atlanta this AM, 16 yr old died on the flight, causes unknown.

Nope. They are all the way to AM news. WSB would have been all over a fire, plus, many local news station cameras actually focus on that building during the PM news/weather.

I call no story. Thank goodnes.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

roadgravel
People can say or be anyone on the 'net. Saying so and so sent it might not be true.

Well I know the fireman who posted it from the Brotherhood's page. Like I said, sorry guys.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Libertygal
Ok, WSB news is on now, SEC Championships, talking about armed officers all over. 41 degrees, colder, possible drizzle tonight, 70% chance of rain tomorrow. Now talking about the ice out west, historic ice event. Stay tuned for weather.
WH announces the Obama's, Bush, Clintons, Carter, going to Mandella funeral. All on Air Force One. Lol wow...
Delta Flight diverted from Atlanta this AM, 16 yr old died on the flight, causes unknown.

Nope. They are all the way to AM news. WSB would have been all over a fire, plus, many local news station cameras actually focus on that building during the PM news/weather.

I call no story. Thank goodnes.

Thanks Libertygal. Glad to be wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

Heheh. Not often you get to say that, but I agree!

Last thing we need, eh?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

ETA: just curiously, the FB page mentions the HROC, Highrise Conference, says one of the members of the batallion was there. It gives the impression it was in Atlanta, even in that building, so I followed up on that.

The conference was in Pensacola Fla., Dec. 2-4. Not even here, but looking back, perhaps they meant they hoped someone from that batallion got highrise training for an event such as this.

Anyway, here is the HROC link.

www.hemmingfire.com...

new topics

top topics

join