It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of Lake Monsters of America with descriptions:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
First time I have ever seen a map of where with descriptions of the supposedly denizens/lake monsters of the Americas. For those interested enjoy.

www.atlasobscura.com...

You'll see a good share of serpent-like animals of the Loch Ness Monsters variety, such as Isabella of Bear Lake in Idaho who was spotted by a Mormon pioneer in the 19th century and even had Brigham Young himself send a hunting party after the possible plesiosaur. There's also the famed Champ of Lake Champlain, possibly the most famous of American lake monsters, and the Lake Dillon monster in Wyoming that some think is being suppressed by a secret society. However, that's just where the fun of this fauna folklore begins, as there are also legends of monolithic turtles, webbed hominids, a goat man, a winged alligator snake, a horse-headed alligator, a giant killer octopus, and an eel with a pig head.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Strewth!!! Sounds like Kings Cross in Sydney when you're pissed.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Interesting. Ive never heard of some of these, the eel pig is freaky

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Oh, nice! I always was fond of lake monsters (from a studious perspective, that is!), and haven't seen a map like this one before. S&F for an interesting find.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
They left out the Sarnothi
www.selkiecomic.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by 727Sky

Oh, nice! I always was fond of lake monsters (from a studious perspective, that is!), and haven't seen a map like this one before. S&F for an interesting find.

Yes I never heard of most on the map.. Wonder how much tourist propaganda the map represents? Anyway I thought a few around here might enjoy or live close to one of the locations and know something...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Im from nc and had no clue there was a monster in lake Norman!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

727Sky

LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by 727Sky

Yes I never heard of most on the map.. Wonder how much tourist propaganda the map represents? Anyway I thought a few around here might enjoy or live close to one of the locations and know something...

There are some on it I haven't heard of, as well, and I have read about this stuff most of my life. Still need to do some searching and locate stories on some of these, now that the computer is back up! That's the reason for the delay in responding, too. Stupid power supply went out.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the majority of thse can be explained as oversized fish or big ass sharks who ge tacess to rivers and can't adapt to Fresh water.

There's also the factor of exageration and false witness. Pick all that you get a living mythos for the next hudnreds of years. I want to look towards all of these anyway, it's too damn intersting.

top topics

join