It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lost internet signal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
thursday morning storms hit my area of scotland and to my suprise all the wifi vanished even bt[ british telecom] when i tried a dongal [3] still no signal and later one of my neighbours new 4g phone could not get any signal either power was down for 21 hours in most areas near me but i did not think it would affect wifi from bt or a dongal .

it is scary to think that if something big were to occur that the internet would be down anyone got any ideas of why this happened .

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Telephone exchanges and transmission masts need a power supply to function. I guess one or more installations were out of service because of power outages or wind damage.

You're right about the vulnerability of connections. We're just two miles from a major city, but snow brought our phone line down last January and it took BT a month to fix it. We're in a wooded valley, so 3G reception is non-existent.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

geobro
thursday morning storms hit my area of scotland and to my suprise all the wifi vanished even bt[ british telecom] when i tried a dongal [3] still no signal and later one of my neighbours new 4g phone could not get any signal either power was down for 21 hours in most areas near me but i did not think it would affect wifi from bt or a dongal .

it is scary to think that if something big were to occur that the internet would be down anyone got any ideas of why this happened .

I take it you mean a mobile service? you don't say . Anyway, WiFi is like being on telly should you just be using a router in the house. Don't make it so easy for the NSA and related ....up's, if you have any principles, and Dongles have been already compromised, probably by shiite artists from from the above organisation/s.

What you may be experiencing though, is a damaged mobile mast .

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SummerLightning

3g is the same for me it can vanish for days at a time when i got broadband from sky the best speed i got was 0.8 meg and everytime i looked at the router it was out so they got told to shove it .

my neighbour has a new 4g phone and could not get a signal on it but most networks do not work in my area yet the sky installer told me that fiberoptic ran through the area installed by the military to bases yet they will not use it

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

i piggy back on bt and it vanished when the lights went out i got shot of my router it was that bad i thought that it would stay even in a storm but no luck

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Don't know if it's relevant but during the early hours of Thursday morning my android phone(on the 3 network) couldn't access certain sites,ATS being one of them.Google still worked and some sites but not others.
A 3 mobile phone uses the access point name three.co.uk,where as a 3 dongle uses the access point name 3internet.I changed the access point name to 3internet which worked perfectly with all sites.
Whether 3 have blocked access to some sites on the three.co.uk I am unsure as I have kept my phone on 3internet since and websites now load a lot quicker,probably due to the amount of people now using smartphones rather than dongles.
As I said probably not relevant but thought it might help someone getting their ATS fix like it did me as ATS is one of only two sites I access daily.

edit on 6/12/2013 by glen200376 because: bloody spellchecker changing "of" to "if"!

edit on 6/12/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join