It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Yes again) ATS Live Martial Arts Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hi, yet again i have another idea for an ATS Live show they may interests a lot of members. A podcast all about the martial arts. As a BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing, Judo, and wrestling practitioner i would be interested in hosting a podcast for ATS Live all about martial arts. Topics will include;

- Fight analysis from UFC, boxing, and BJJ events
- Self defense tactics
- Technical discussions and overviews(practical)
- The spiritual side of martial arts
- The history of martial arts

I have contacts in the martials arts and fighting worlds and have someone who would be interested in co-hosting a show with me.

If you like the idea let me know and i will produce an hour long episode for review by admin.

Material will be CLEAN and adhere to ATS quality standards as well as T&C
edit on 6-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

whats your MA background

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Secretseverywhere

I had my first amateur fight 10 years ago for boxing and then a week later for muay thai. I have since been competeing in grappling, BJJ, boxing, professional MMA untill 2011. I am still actively training and am currently associated with a boxing, kickboxing gym in Florida.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

OneQuestion, I do have one question for you. Starting sometime next year I'm going to start pursuing a hopeful career in amateur boxing here in Ontario. I've always had a deep passion for boxing, it's always been more about learning to me than winning and can't help but think it's similar to the game chess, just fighting. I just love the strategic aspect of it.

I know professional boxing operated mainly in USA, so my question is what are the chances of actually making it to professional boxing, and what exactly has to be accomplished to go in that direction?

There's no much I'm able to accomplish in life dream wise due to lack of control for personal reasons of which a few people may know about on here. But Boxing has always been one of my dreams and it's quite possibly the only thing I might be able to achieve to make a dream of mine into reality since I know control won't be a problem there.

Regards,

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The only way to be a professional fighter is to walk through the fire.

Spend every waking second possible at the gym. Master footwork and the jab. Once youve mastered footwork and the jab you can start fighting.

Being fighter is one of the hardest roads you can take on this planet. Fighting sports will chew you up and spit you out ask anyone whos been around the sport long enough.

Im not trying to discourage you. What im saying is buckle your seatbelt, stay focuesed and stop at nothing. Thats the only thing that will lead you to success.
edit on 6-12-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Can't say I don't disagree with what you say, it is true. I never expected it to be easy regardless of how easy it looks on T.v, it really does look like those guy would be easy to beat but most likely they are now.

Don't expect it to be an easy path, I expect to lose in order to learn but most importantly I want to give it all my best and see just how far I can push myself and see where I end up. I have a certain philosophy that requires a certain mind set, similar to what Bruce Lee tried to teach and even Christ himself. And that will be my st strength. There's a reason why Jon Jones has the Phillipines 3:14 tattoo across his chest.

Just a topic that hard to explain but as you said yourself, fighting is also about being spiritual so I think it's safe to assume you know what I'm talking about. A lot of people go into fighting for the wrong reasons though, for hopes or obtaining fame is the worst.

Thanks you for your words, and I certainly hope the Admin of this site approved your request to do a padcast for your fighting material, you seem to have a lot of skill sets under your belt and that's undoubtedly more than I know I will ever have. Look forward to watching them, so hope it works out for you.

A question for everyone, yourself included -if you caught fight any fighter on the planet who would you choose? I would choose Floyd Mayweather - he's just an overall great fighter in my eyes and has lightening fast reflexes.

Regards,
edit on 6-12-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm one of those pansy, eye-gouging, ear-ripping, internal Chinese Martial Arts [SNIP] that practice Taichi & Baguazhang, for self-defense! Lol.

One comment..

It sounds like an interesting show, but, what of the practicality? Considering that it would all be audio, the 'self defense' instructions etc..

I never tried to perform new maneuvers to audio instructions, just visual or live.

It definitely has a bit of a novelty factor .. although I am not sure if repeated shows on the topic would be as cool as the first one.
edit on 6/12/13 by argentus because: removed derogatory term

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If you like the idea let me know and i will produce an hour long episode for review by admin.

I would suggest that you produce a demo and then pitch it to the guys in charge of ATS Radio (Nefermore and SemperFortis.) As far as I know, that's been the process for the four member produced shows that have begun airing in 2013.

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Good point.

Im going to have to do that. Actually im recording a podcast on monday maybe we can just make the first hour about martial arts.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

TheProphetMark

OneQuestion, I do have one question for you. Starting sometime next year I'm going to start pursuing a hopeful career in amateur boxing here in Ontario. I've always had a deep passion for boxing, it's always been more about learning to me than winning and can't help but think it's similar to the game chess, just fighting. I just love the strategic aspect of it.

I know professional boxing operated mainly in USA, so my question is what are the chances of actually making it to professional boxing, and what exactly has to be accomplished to go in that direction?

There's no much I'm able to accomplish in life dream wise due to lack of control for personal reasons of which a few people may know about on here. But Boxing has always been one of my dreams and it's quite possibly the only thing I might be able to achieve to make a dream of mine into reality since I know control won't be a problem there.

Regards,

I would be interested in your age, I think to be a professional in the boxing game would require an early start in life, early teens. Of all the training I have done, the kick boxing warm up regime was hardcore.
I ended up on wing chun, I dont take so many hits to the head, and its much more "laid back" due to "economy of motion". I just find it much more rewarding.

new topics

top topics

join