It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian diplomats charged with Medicaid fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well this one takes the cake !!

It seems that Russian diplomats were getting Medicaid because they had children that somehow "qualified".

Little did they know an investigation would seal their fate.

Liars and cheaters come in high forms I see.

Maybe they were just doing their duty to further the American collapse !!

Sneaky Sneaky Cloward-Pivenists.

WASHINGTON – Current and former Russian diplomats in New York routinely claimed poverty to fraudulently collect Medicaid benefits for their pregnant wives and children while shopping for luxury watches, Tiffany’s jewelry and even robotic cleaning devices, the U.S. government charged Thursday.

The Justice Department said 49 Russians or their spouses currently or formerly attached to the Russian Consulate, United Nations or trade missions collected $1.5 million in illegal benefits over a period of about a decade in New York City.

Income levels were falsified in applications signed by unnamed senior Russian officials in what U.S. Atty. Preet Bharara said was "shameful and systemic corruption among Russian diplomats in New York."

And naturally.....

"We don't think this should affect our bilateral relationship with Russia," said State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf. "Quite frankly, there are too many important issues we have to work on together. The justice system will proceed in the way that it does here in the states, and we don't think it should impact our relationship."

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

"The justice system will proceed in the way that it does here in the states, and we don't think it should impact our relationship."

Looks like they want a little payback on Russia for something. But what? Edward Snowden maybe. Just a little tit-for-tat on the global chessboard. As far as the money I don't think the US government could care less. This is just a game to them.

Also I didn't think that foreign diplomats or their families could be prosecuted anyway. Don't they have diplomatic immunity? If not I'm sure the next thing we'll hear is the US diplomats in Russia have been apprehended on some bogus charge or another.

new topics

join