It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA gets new appointees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I thought this would be of some interest to y'all.

"President Bush has announced his plan to select Dr. W. David Hager to head up the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Reproductive Health Drugs Advisory Committee. The committee has not met for more than two years, during which time its charter lapsed. As a result, the Bush Administration is tasked with filling all eleven positions with new members. This position does not require Congressional approval."

sf.indymedia.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The majority of FDA's funding comes from Drug companies NOT the US government.

I'm sure between Bush and the Drug companies they will carve things up as they see fit. [and scr*w the American people]

**footnote. If FDA approves something or not, It is virtually meaningless. Find independent research and THEN make your own choices.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Man I see where this is going. Bush is going to make sure he puts friends of big drug makers in the FDA so drugs get pushed through easier. Then he will sign legislation that limits their liability. Business in America.. sigh.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Remember all those FOB's (friends of Bill's) during the Clinton Administration? This happens all the time, just another reason why 8 years is the max for any Presidency. By the Way, this doesn't make it right, but that's the way it is.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ugh! This Hager guy! Yeah, I am not happy with the decision, I feel he is not appropriate for a medical position, due to placing religion above health and science and making faith-based decisions. Pray away the cramps and chocolate cravings, girls! sheeshhhh...
In my opinion, womens rights are being closed in on by the admin. I just see this as another "in" for a potential ban on abortion, and (dangerously), also a decline in sex ed and contraception distribution.

There are a couple of threads related to this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both threads contain related articles.

top topics

join