It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Thoughts Can Do This To Water – Imagine What They Can Do To Us

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Source: Rise Earth

Physics has been hinting for some time at the deep bond between consciousness and matter.....this interesting article is another little piece of the pie for those that are figuring out for themselves that we shape space and this ability within us is being harnessed into creating the mundane everyday reality that so many have to endure.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Thank you, the right time and place I needed this.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Great find, thank you for sharing this with us.

Makes terms like be the change you wish to see the more relevant. Wow imagine what it could do to us.

They should look at water molecules in humans and test this much more.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have seen many experiments with thoughts projected into water, then frozen. I'm not sure if it was Dr. Freidman or someone else. They showed that love projected into water, then frozen, showed amazing crystals, where negative thoughts like hate or anger showed malformed crystals. It really makes you think what you are thinking is really projected outward without you really knowing it! We really need lots of love thoughts in this world

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm fairly certain what's going on here is a post associative projection.

You make snowflakes in the lab, and look at them and essentially say "ahhhh", like it means something when in actuality, it doesn't.

Anyone can write words on bottles of water, or project strong emotions on water, create snowflakes from said water, and ... tadaaahh(!) point at the resulting snowflake or snowflake image and CLAIM their thoughts made it that way.

Fact of the matter is, crystallography speaking, as the saying goes, every snowflake is unique.

Each and every Snowflake typically forms a SIX dendrite radially symmetric geometry.

A non-aggregated snowflake often exhibits six-fold radial symmetry. The initial symmetry can occur because the crystalline structure of ice is six-fold. The six "arms" of the snowflake, or dendrites, then grow independently, and each side of each arm grows independently. Most snowflakes are not completely symmetric. The micro-environment in which the snowflake grows changes dynamically as the snowflake falls through the cloud, and tiny changes in temperature and humidity affect the way in which water molecules attach to the snowflake. Since the micro-environment (and its changes) are very nearly identical around the snowflake, each arm can grow in nearly the same way. However, being in the same micro-environment does not guarantee that each arm grows the same; indeed, for some crystal forms it does not because the underlying crystal growth mechanism also affects how fast each surface region of a crystal grows. Empirical studies suggest less than 0.1% of snowflakes exhibit the ideal six-fold symmetric shape

If anyone actually takes this stuff about thought projection influencing ice crystal formation seriously, and they want others to so as well, then, showing ambiguously interpretive photos of typical and predictably uniform ice crystals isn't going to prove anything.

They'd need demonstrate an ability to dictate exact geometries repetitively on demand, under objective supervision.
For instance, if thought can influence ice crystal formation, then, let's see someone think nothing but snow flakes with a specific and defined geometry ahead of time into existence under conditions they have zero control over other than this supposed magical thought influence.

In my opinion this is new agey pseudo-scientific fluff.

edit on 12/3/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
In my opinion this is new agey pseudo-scientific fluff.

Very true

Writing about Emoto's theory in the Skeptical Inquirer, physician Harriet A. Hall concluded that it was "hard to see how anyone could mistake it for science".

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
LOL
The creepy guy who showed up at the end of the video is the actor who portrayed Principal Snyder in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the stupid big eared alien on ST-DS9.

Must be hard up for a dollar if he has to promote a fake water scam.

edit on pmTuesdayfpm1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is the second time this week I've come across this Masaru Emoto garbage.

It's absolute nonsense, promoted by the cult produced film "What the Bleep Do We Know?" and other New Age proponents. It is complete pseudo-science.

Google "Masaru Emoto debunked", or just read this page. The guy is a charlatan, selling overpriced bottles of "magic water" on his website.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The fatal flaw in their experiment is their idea of "pretty looking"

Something looking pretty or not isn't a scientific variable in this case.

Someone else could look at this and say angry thoughts make pretty pictures because they like those ones better.

Arrogance at it's best, assuming your personal aesthetic view on something is actually something profound.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

If thoughts can do this to water, imagine what they can do to beer?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Seems like it would be worth a try at least. No need to buy from dude if all you do is label your distilled water with a positive word and cast a spell on it. Everyone should be capable of producing the same result. Monk not required.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well humans are mainly water and when you say negative things to them they certainly feel ugly.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is amazing as well...Watch what happens at approximately 46 minutes into the video.....The Truth Behind The Energy Lie.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

CallYourBluff
Well humans are mainly water and when you say negative things to them they certainly feel ugly.

Star for the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Yep. It's not a joke. It's actually quite serious when you begin discovering the esoteric secrets that are mostly hidden from the general public, about our interconnectedness and cognitive synchronicity.

Part of me believes that some of the ancient cultures, like animals, were highly in tune with their greater cognitive abilities and general awareness, specifically, applications of the power of thought.
edit on 3-12-2013 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Its really hard to uniformly freeze something. In most cases, for any given block of ice, some crystals will be uniform, others will have imperfections (caused by incomplete ice crystal propagation, the presence of trapped gases and particles, etc.). The implication of this is that depending on how the microstructure is visualised (i.e. the location/ plane being viewed under the microscope), areas will look completely different within the same sample.
As other people have also pointed out, wether something is aesthetically pleasing or not is entirely subjective, you cant draw scientific conclusions from that. Sounds like another new age scam to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If an individual could appropriately change what they believe he (or she)could play with reality.
Someone may notice however and attack with utmost force.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is such a great movie (what the Bleep do we know) [I really need to watch this again], yes, what would happen if we only thought positive about ourselves since our body is made up of mostly water?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Not quite OT, but still relevant....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Thank you everybody.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join