It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot and Road Crossing Sightings.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well I'm all for the possibilities of Bigfoot being real. But it's "Finding Bigfoot"... and I believe they do the study of Bigfoot wrong!! And if i was a betting man, i would bet Bobo dressed up a few times himself!! So with that being said, i would think, if a "Bigfoot" was to cross the road in front of a passing car, then it was wanting to be seen! Keep the legend alive, hug a Bigfoot!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

VandalX
Well I'm all for the possibilities of Bigfoot being real. But it's "Finding Bigfoot"... and I believe they do the study of Bigfoot wrong!! And if i was a betting man, i would bet Bobo dressed up a few times himself!! So with that being said, i would think, if a "Bigfoot" was to cross the road in front of a passing car, then it was wanting to be seen! Keep the legend alive, hug a Bigfoot!!!

IMO they make too much noise and commotion. Stop screaming!!!! I'm in the thinking of setting some food traps and crawling up a tree with a flir.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

Agreed.... Also, i'm still a little confused on their timing of things! I mean, i'm gonna spend 1 night alone in the woods, and hopefully i'll catch bigfoot! Ok, maybe 2 night... all over a 3-4 day period with running around to town hall meetings, and interviews??? Deadlines?? Like you said, quietly, lets bait the SOB's, climb up in a tree with a FLIR... Deer hunting style? Maybe hang around for a week or 2! Set up a base camp and hike back and forth from the tree and the camp! 14 days of investigating, is so much better then Cliff or whats her name taking an over nighter!! I as a viewer, would totally appreciate the show more, if they actually were doing the study of bigfoot good! To me, they are ruining the lure with Bobo's disco ball, middle of the mountain valley, disco tech and Moneymaker's super sonic hearing, that would make the bionic woman jealous!! Hahaha.... but i watch it every damn week!! Why did the Bigfoot crossed the road? Because i was watching "Finding Bigfoot"!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Blue Shift

TheLieWeLive
Why oh why would anyone walk through the forest at night yelling (supposedly like a Bigfoot) only to warn anything within 5 miles of their presence. Tree knocking is considered a warning used by apes so why in the world would you use it unless you are warning a Bigfoot that you are there?

One would think you'd have a little better luck going into the woods in full Army Ranger stealth tracker mode, as fast and quiet as possible, camouflaged, using hooded IR vision gear (just in case the animals can see IR), and packing a rifle and a tranq pistol. If you're going to make any noise at all, make it so it potentially drives them into areas you have covered.

No, let's go in an play rock guitar for them. What a waste of time and effort all around.

No doubt akin to having 24 motor-powered boards trolling across Loch Ness to create a "sonar wall".....and complain that they "found nothing". I laugh when people point to that non-episode as "proof nothing is there".

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I'm all for the migration theory. I wonder if anyone has tried to figure that out? Could prove interesting.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
On a slightly different tangent, there are monkeys in South America, why didn't any make it to North America?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
eheheh that show is brilliant when you are high.
I don't really understand why people watch it, really.
and i don't mean because "bigfoot doesn't exist!" or stuff like that.
The thing is simple: if a new season of the show comes out, you know for a FACT they didn't find any credible evidence.
These shows are filmed months in advance, if they found ANYTHING you think they would just sit on it and be "Well, we just made one of the most amazing scientific discoveries of our times, but let's not go public with it, rather let's wait for that episode to air so our niche audience will know it first!"
So you are watching people walk around the woods getting excited over a snapped twig or some kids having a burping contest.

But just to entertain the thought, i guess it could be like others have pointed out (deers+headlights)
or it could be some kind of brainfart, i notice it with cats, they tend to do it, when you drive by for whatever reason they dash in the direction of the car instead of the opposite side of the road.
given we don't know how these creatures would see, maybe the lights resemble how they see some potential pray.
But for real, watch the show when you are high.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Of the 50% sighted crossing roads... Many of those are mis identified

I find the back country accounts more believable...

siberiantimes.com... bominable-snowman/

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

I would say(just my guess) would be 75% of all sightings are misidentification and hoaxes. But how many sightings go unreported?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

catfishjoe

VandalX

IMO they make too much noise and commotion. Stop screaming!!!! I'm in the thinking of setting some food traps and crawling up a tree with a flir.
I agree catfishjoe...I've said to my wife,MANY times,that those knuckleheads will never "find bigfoot" as long as there are t.v. cameracrews tromping through the woods with them.

Also,they only invetigate an area for a few hours.They need to scope out a hotspot alone for a few days,if not a few weeks,at a time.

edit:sp.
edit on 10-12-2013 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You are making an assumption here that is not substantiated.
"50% of all sightings are of Bigfoot crossing a road"

Where did that come from?
Does Cliff actually have any real numbers to back that up or is he just pulling it out of his arse like all of the other "behaviors" that they just "know" Bigfoot demonstrates.

I am a believer of Sasquatch. I am not a believer of “Finding Bigfoot”. Those people are complete clowns. Even the token skeptic is really silly. She will twist everything she sees to discount any idea that something could be a Bigfoot. Monkeymaker (I like that BTW) will look at a pile of scat on the ground and give you the name and address of the Sasquatch that shat it. Then they show you the scat on camera and it’s a raccoon turd. That guy sees evidence of whatever he wants to see and is completely unreliable as a researcher.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Dragoon01
You are making an assumption here that is not substantiated.
"50% of all sightings are of Bigfoot crossing a road"

Where did that come from?
Does Cliff actually have any real numbers to back that up or is he just pulling it out of his arse like all of the other "behaviors" that they just "know" Bigfoot demonstrates.

I am a believer of Sasquatch. I am not a believer of “Finding Bigfoot”. Those people are complete clowns. Even the token skeptic is really silly. She will twist everything she sees to discount any idea that something could be a Bigfoot. Monkeymaker (I like that BTW) will look at a pile of scat on the ground and give you the name and address of the Sasquatch that shat it. Then they show you the scat on camera and it’s a raccoon turd. That guy sees evidence of whatever he wants to see and is completely unreliable as a researcher.

Awesome post!! I understand this show is about ratings and money. I enjoy the witness accounts the most. They said something the other night about Sasquatch imitating coyotes!!! How do they know?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I wouldn't necessarily blame the main people on the show...Cliff...Moneymaker...etc....they all have to follow what Animal Planet tells them to do. Actually, Cliff came a couple of months ago and did an academic presentation at my university...a lot of the information he gave us was very well thought out and scientific. the difference between the show and presentation was like night and day! He spent a lot of time explaining how he himself honestly did not like how the show was run...he thinks they need to stop dumbing down the show, and make it more realistic. however...that is not what the network believes makes entertaining television, they have to play to the lowest degree to get ratings. He also says they are way more successful when they go off on their own and investigate without the production team breathing down their necks. he started out by saying he was not actually trying to prove that Sasquatch was real, because they did not have solid proof no matter what the television said...but he did want to give us compelling evidence to make up our own minds. It was extremely interesting to say the least.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I respect Cliff the most. The others are just for show. And I understand its all about ratings. But matt monkey maker is a fraud. He's all about money and selling his bigfoot trips.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've been thinking about the road kill theory. It kinda makes sense. A big animal lime that would love a free, easy meal. A dead deer on the side of the road? Sure. But at night the lights of a car could be seen way before contact is made. Plus the sound.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

catfishjoe
I've been thinking about the road kill theory. It kinda makes sense. A big animal lime that would love a free, easy meal. A dead deer on the side of the road? Sure. But at night the lights of a car could be seen way before contact is made. Plus the sound.

I totally agree, perhaps they visit the road side a lot (especially at night), and get loads of easy-pickings there. It would only take say... one in a hundred of the bug guys, to drop their guard for a few seconds - concentrating on finding the kill, or even head-down and feeding, for them to get spotted by an approaching motorist (A car travelling at just 50mph covers well over the length of TWO football fields in ten seconds!) Rounding a bend or coming over the crest of a hill could also mask the approach of a car until quite close?

Or... Maybe they have difficulty with judging/interpreting lights at night? They probably have excellent night-vision, but what effect does the artificial light have on the retina at night??

Or... Like rabbits, maybe they're mesmerised by lights at night??

I wish I knew!!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Why, if a car with its headlights on, flying down the road, would a bigfoot attempt to cross? For being such a shy animal you would think that it would at least wait till after the car has passed to cross.

The roads are littered with the carcasses of animals that cross at the wrong time. I've seen everything from Beavers, squirrels, dogs, hogs to even an alligator once.

Besides, its not hard to consider when you think about how headlights have a freeze effect on many animals. That's why spotlighting deer is such an illegal thing. Lights make things freeze in place sometimes.

Panthers supposedly don't exist in Louisiana anymore. But I swear I saw one jump across the road coming home one night on a dirt road. It was huge......solid black, had a very long tail and was FAST. It crossed from woodline to woodline in maybe two or three bounds and was gone.

I don't see why Bigfoot would be so different from other animals.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I like how you assume that most are misidentified. Do you know how hard it would be to think a ten plus foot tall furry, bipedal creature was a bear or a deer? I for one didn't misidentify anything, because it could only have been one thing and that is a huge sasquatch.

The chances of misidentifying one of these things is almost impossible if it walked across the road in front of you.

I WISH I had even a little bit of doubt, because that would be easier to live with than the thought of this giant humanoid in the woods by my house. When you see one your mind tries very hard to fit it into many different pigeonholes, but eventually you work your way back to "OK I saw a bigfoot!". That is a real game changer for sure.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Coopdog

I like how you assume that most are misidentified. Do you know how hard it would be to think a ten plus foot tall furry, bipedal creature was a bear or a deer? I for one didn't misidentify anything, because it could only have been one thing and that is a huge sasquatch.

The chances of misidentifying one of these things is almost impossible if it walked across the road in front of you.

I WISH I had even a little bit of doubt, because that would be easier to live with than the thought of this giant humanoid in the woods by my house. When you see one your mind tries very hard to fit it into many different pigeonholes, but eventually you work your way back to "OK I saw a bigfoot!". That is a real game changer for sure.
edit on 22-12-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

I envy you. I think and hope they are real. I just don't know 100%. Its sightings like yours that make it believable. Thanks for replying!!

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I believe you might have seen a Bigfoot,...I honestly think there must be a E.T. connection with bigfoot,...

Way back in the 70's even six million dollar man explored the idea of "space people" with a base in a mountain using a "Sasquatch" as a tool...

www.youtube.com...

I personaly know people from West Virginia that have stories to tell...

edit on 22-12-2013 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join