It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mark Dice dressed as Santa tries to enlighten Black Friday shoppers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You may remember this gem from last year. If not, please take a moment to watch the following and be entertained

This year, Mark again attempts to, well, make a point...

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There already is a thread about this idiot. Crying about peoples consumerism while trying to sell yourself to those people telling them about his channel and his books for sale is a pretty stupid thing to do and shows he is nothing but a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well I gave you a star but hope you understand that the dude is an idiot because of his methodology not the message and certainly not because he participate in the same type of BS (he really is not been an hypocrite as he is protesting a specific date and practice of consumerisms/capitalism not the general ideal of making a profit off your fellow human brother)...

edit on 30-11-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Panic2k11

Well I gave you a star but hope you understand that the dude is an idiot because of his methodology not the message and certainly not because he participate in the same type of BS (he really is not been an hypocrite as he is protesting a specific date and practice of consumerisms/capitalism not the general ideal of making a profit off your fellow human brother)...

edit on 30-11-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

Yes why dress as Santa to protest shoppers? Over the years Santa has been degraded to where he symbolizes nothing but shopping.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I love Mark Dice. Love love love. I have seen his other videos where people didn't even know we or Russia nuked China, or the ones where people are willing to sign away their rights on petitions. VERY eye opening, and disturbing. I like what he is doing here as well.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Taissa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Over the years Santa has been degraded to where he symbolizes nothing but shopping.

To me Santa has never been anything but a symbol of consumerism, and I'm European where the idea of Santa Claus should have been stronger (especially in Northern Europe) but from the 19th century forward its use is simply about making money and marketing, even more problematic than lets say Valentine's day because it erodes the special meaning that Christians should give to the season.

Santa relation to Christmas is one of the things that to me shows how moral corrupt Christians are, they failed to to stand their ground. So in my view Santa as a symbol has always been about the exploitation of the fantasies of others, a form of social pressure for artificial happiness (especially if you are not a Christian, and a corruption of belief if you are).

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So is the moron driving around dressed as Santa yelling things at people drunk or just stupid? Or maybe I missed the part where driving around yelling moronic things at people who can not hear half of what your saying is some sort Thanksgiving tradition.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Guy makes no sense 'Why are you leaving your families, grandparents, children blah blah blah so you can buy things at the store.'

Why did he leave his family to just make a joke out of himself? People like him make me cringe.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I have seen his other videos where people didn't even know we or Russia nuked China,

What? I don't understand what you're trying to say, he said we nuked China?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Laxpla
reply to post by Taissa

I have seen his other videos where people didn't even know we or Russia nuked China,

What? I don't understand what you're trying to say, he said we nuked China?

He went around telling people that we nuked China to show how ignorant and stupid the average person is, because a lot of people believed him. Just like when he went around trying to sell a 1oz American Gold Eagle coin for $20, and no one would buy it from him because everyone he asked was to ignorant to know that the coin was worth $1800 (at the time).

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I think he's confused with the word ignorant and people that just don't know or care. Cause I could care less about coins IMO also and being on top of your coin knowledge is the least of peoples worries. I just watched the video for 2 minutes, and what point is he trying to make?

If I went around with 2 oz of fish-scale and started asking people on camera to buy it for $50, not a single person would buy it. And why should they because they know little about it's authenticity and true value? What ignorant person would not do research, and actually look it up relative to a similar coin to compare it before they buy it. It would be like me going up to someone with a Metrocard in NYC, with 2000 dollars on it selling it for 50 without the person knowing what is really on it or knowing if it's real. Common sense.

Now I didn't see the full video because honest to god his chest freaks me out, did he offer to get it appraised at a shop before he sold it or no? Did he have any kind of papers with it?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

He does have a point i would imagine the same people in the video standing in front of the stores would be back next year lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
...and?

Christmas is what you want it to be. If you don't like the rampant consumerism that is Christmas, and Black Friday specifically, good for you all.

Many do their holiday shopping on this day because it makes it more affordable for them. Who's ignorance is on display here, folks?

Just because you disagree with it, doesn't make it wrong, or ignorant, or any other damned thing.

new topics

top topics

join