It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khufu Cartouche in Great Pyramid 20,000 Years Old?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Pyramid serving as an ark of sorts is an interesting theory.
Certainly whoever inhabited egyptian region 20000yrs ago
don't seem to be like the present day inhabitants or even
for that matter the so called pharaohs, who were like the present day
dwellers.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'd love to see dating data and comparison to the other recent find.

Images from the Great Pyramid's 'chamber of secrets

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75d888072cc4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e86e3bcb8f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a66d126cc34.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 1-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

I challenge anyone to produce ANY form of verifiable legitimate working complex writing system that's even just 10,000 years old.

I challenge you as a 'scientist' to want to support genuine scientific testing.

Again, if the data comes back at 20,000 years or older. Would you support a public and transparent testing of the orchre or has your scientific itch been scratched with what is already known and hell with new data presented?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Rosinitiate

AliceBleachWhite

I challenge anyone to produce ANY form of verifiable legitimate working complex writing system that's even just 10,000 years old.

Again, if the data comes back at 20,000 years or older. Would you support a public and transparent testing of the orchre or has your scientific itch been scratched with what is already known and hell with new data presented?

Really? Is Alice a scientist or claim to be one? Does it matter? No it doesn't the evidence is so overwhelmingly against it being possible for the Pyramid to be 20,000 years old its an established fact. We could sit here for the next 100 years with anyone using facts to debunk this crap. The poster just asked you to do something you should be able to do to support your claims of a 20,000 year old Pyramid of Giza.

Some guys selling a cheap DVD are making these claims so it must be true!!!!!!!! Who cares about a mountain of evidence VS one DVD.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

HumAnnunaki

I respect your work Scott and thank you for not getting trapped inside the proverbial 'box'
as I like you use that box to stand on to see into the future how our past provides todays present
unanswered archeology mistakes.

I have the belief that there was certainly an advanced Atlantean ''type'' civilization
who left a coded message in the form of astrology and mathematics to explain
why todays present civilization has lost it's historic memory.

Who made Who..

edit on 1-12-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Rosinitiate

AliceBleachWhite

Really? Is Alice a scientist or claim to be one? Does it matter? No it doesn't the evidence is so overwhelmingly against it being possible for the Pyramid to be 20,000 years old its an established fact. We could sit here for the next 100 years with anyone using facts to debunk this crap. The poster just asked you to do something you should be able to do to support your claims of a 20,000 year old Pyramid of Giza.

Some guys selling a cheap DVD are making these claims so it must be true!!!!!!!! Who cares about a mountain of evidence VS one DVD.

This is the last time Ill respond to you because frankly you're argumentative and you have an issue with overstating things. Again, this plays to your creditability. Do you seriously think its one DVD or are you being dramatic again?

As for Alice, yes I'm pretty sure she has stated she was a professional in one of the Science Arts. Either way I'm sure she/he can speak for themselves.

My point still stands. If it dates back ca.20,000 would you be willing to eat your hat and demand new testing? You don't have to answer that.

edit on 1-12-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi,

I'd like to add my two cents, after reading this 7 page thread:

--> Let me start by emphasising that i'm a strong proponent of research into our human history, and i believe a lot is yet unknown. Our history likely goes a lot further then what mainstream sience has uncovered so far.

There clearly is a corelation between religions across the globe, and across time for that matter.
There clearly is a correlation in building technique in ancient sites, and generally, the older, the more complex it get's.

That being said:

--> The 'carbon dating' by the German 'students' sadly isn't very credible:

a) I could make the same claim. Anyone could. Even if i could prove i attend a university, and that i recently visited Egypt, that proves nothing ;-)
b) The carbon dating of a cartouche of a pharao of 18000BC? If it were drawings or some yet unknown writing, and it couldn't be linked to a pharao living in fairly known historic times... but yea ;p Even if you push back the date of said pharao's reign a 1000 years, it means little (ok it means egyptology isn't very accurate, but that's not an unknown fact ^^)

>>> We could not build the pyramids today

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What is frustrating, is that there is evidence showing that the sites are older than egyptologists suggest. The water erosion of the Sphinx Enclosure is a great example. If professional archaeologists come forward and explain these anomalies sufficiently, then I'd be happy to change my view. However, the evidence is ignored. Egyptologists feel that they are the ultimate arbiter of the history of egypt, even though some archaeologists [which is an actual scientific profession, unlike egyptology] disagree. If they have anecdotal evidence of the age of the giza complex, and SCIENTIFIC evidence conflicts with that... they've got to look into it. If they want any sort of scientific, historical legitimacy, they HAVE to address these claims.

I won't say that there isn't evidence that the giza complex is only a few thousand years old. There is. But there is also evidence that contradicts that dating, and it has to be addressed.

As long as egypt continues like they are, avoiding evidence and restricting access to sites, I can't take them at their word regarding the chronology of egypt. Vandalism like this wouldn't be necessary if they let professionals do these tests. Unbiased professionals, preferable not politically involved. To be honest, I'd prefer they not be egyptian. I get that having your people's history and culture poked and prodded can be painful, and that's the issue. Egyptologists are interested in promoting their beliefs, their desires, of what egypt was. Archaeologists are interested in fact.
edit on 1-12-2013 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The great pyramid is a remnant of a
bygone world.
This is what is truly upsetting those who claim all knowledge of antiquity.
Twenty thousand years age is confirmation of a disposed world before ours.
Thus exposing the truth of a world wide flood. Confirmation of the Biblical is
uppsetting for the elite and their beloved evolution you know ?
edit on 1-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Klassified

The damage has been done. The question now is, can we prove their assertions of a 20,000 year age?

The Spinx may hold the answers, IF the Egyptions would allow a proper study.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spader

I think there's a possibility they(Egyptian's) have already done some proper studies, and what they found out isn't something they want the world knowing about. So they certainly aren't going to share those results with the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Why do you think it would prove a world wide flood? Or anything bible related?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

sirhumperdink

Aazadan
Our greatest engineering marvels today can only remain standing for centuries not several millenia. The things we do design to last for millenia are much more humble, something on the scale of the Pyramid is just beyond what we're capable of.

im not trying to dismiss the points youve made but i will point out that the hoover dam is expected to survive millenia with some people estimating it may last over 10,000 years
part of the reason that we arent so infatuated with building such long lasting monuments any longer is that theres really no logical reason for us to do so (and i suspect as we continue to advance things will be built for even shorter term use and things will become more modular to allow for quicker adaptation so you dont have the issues of shutting down entire cities when the time comes to overhaul the infrastructure)
edit on 1-12-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

I've never heard that about Hoover Dam, it's interesting if true. When I think of our greatest engineering feat I always think of Mt. Rushmore, in terms of how long it's going to last (especially without maintenance like the Pyramids did) it seems like it has to be at the top of the list. I've heard 50,000 years for it before (though obviously very eroded by the end of that time).

And you're right that we don't design most things to last, there's a few things that we do design to be very sturdy however and even those fail. Nuclear power plants and NORAD are what I think of here and just look at what happened to Fukushima... something designed to withstand earthquakes. There's some merit to the idea of disposable buildings but there's also merit to the idea of minimizing waste in the future and the economics of building something well once and just repurposing it over time.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

LeviWardrobe
reply to post by randyvs

Why do you think it would prove a world wide flood? Or anything bible related?

Does the history we are taught mention a bygone world ? Think about it, it's
quite simple really. Twenty thousand years ? That's eight thousand years before Gobekli
Tepe. According to everything we're taught from a secular view, that pushes the building
at Giza back FROM a time that already can't hardly be explained. TO a time
that is impossible to explain with todays history. From there it's just common sense.
I'd also like to pont out that I don't believe the secular dates
placed on Gobekli Tepe eithe. I believe there is much that
is kept from us. This thread is absolute proof of that.
The knowledge of God existence is hidden.
edit on 1-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

The vandalism itself immediately discredits any legitimacy these STUDENTS might have had to begin with.

"vandalism" is a loaded term, archaeologists take samples like this for testing all the time. their status of "students" is also irrelevant and misleading to what is of actual importance.

i'm sure they aren't the first to do these tests, yet the people who did the tests first will do everything they can to discredit these "student vandals".

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Aazadan

sirhumperdink

Aazadan
Our greatest engineering marvels today can only remain standing for centuries not several millenia. The things we do design to last for millenia are much more humble, something on the scale of the Pyramid is just beyond what we're capable of.

im not trying to dismiss the points youve made but i will point out that the hoover dam is expected to survive millenia with some people estimating it may last over 10,000 years
part of the reason that we arent so infatuated with building such long lasting monuments any longer is that theres really no logical reason for us to do so (and i suspect as we continue to advance things will be built for even shorter term use and things will become more modular to allow for quicker adaptation so you dont have the issues of shutting down entire cities when the time comes to overhaul the infrastructure)
edit on 1-12-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

I've never heard that about Hoover Dam, it's interesting if true. When I think of our greatest engineering feat I always think of Mt. Rushmore, in terms of how long it's going to last (especially without maintenance like the Pyramids did) it seems like it has to be at the top of the list. I've heard 50,000 years for it before (though obviously very eroded by the end of that time).

And you're right that we don't design most things to last, there's a few things that we do design to be very sturdy however and even those fail. Nuclear power plants and NORAD are what I think of here and just look at what happened to Fukushima... something designed to withstand earthquakes. There's some merit to the idea of disposable buildings but there's also merit to the idea of minimizing waste in the future and the economics of building something well once and just repurposing it over time.

What happened to Fukushima? it was flooded not damaged by the earthquake. it was not washed into the sea but stands perfectly as it was build, Why even use Fukushima as an example?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Painterz

REALLY???? You are???? no wonder archeology is in the state it's in then. All of those contaminants that you mentioned would push the date forward in C14 dating, not backward. You would have to contaminate the sample with something that is older for an older date to be invalid.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Perhaps it was built by the Giants after all?

20k years is, in human terms, a long time. Back then, the Sahara was a lush forest area, as was where the Pyramids were built. This has been confirmed, the "Climate Change" happened about 6000 years ago.

As the current Arab "Egyptians" have stripped and looted ancient sites, they dont seem to have much respect for their "Ancestors".

Not to mention removing most of the limestone coating of the great pyramid, to build Cairo.

So much for Loving and respecting their so called, history.

Im sure, if they knew how, they would have reduced all the ancient pyramids to dust, so they could use the stone blocks.......But I guess they dont know how to remove them....wherein lies the conundrum.

If radical Moslems, like the Taliban, take over current Egypt.....Im sure they will find a way to destroy the Pyramids....because Mohummad did'nt make them.

If, there really are pyramids in China and Europe, one might assume whomever built the Egyptian ones, may have ruled most of the civilized World back then, and had "colonies"/countries in various places.

Why there are no records of them? I have no clue. After all, the World is only 6000 years old anyway.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

TO a time that is impossible to explain with todays history. From there it's just common sense.

Not impossible to explain. There is scientific evidence [it is accepted in the global scientific community] that humans, as we are today, have existed for at least 200'000 years. Do you think we were spear throwing nomads for 190'000 or so years, then suddenly created written language and started building cities? Nobody should be surprised if the giza complex is shown to be 20'000 years old. All it'd prove is that we were around making stuff 20'000 years ago. It is not "common sense" to assume older civilizations prove a global flood. I don't get the connection at all. It's just biased thinking. If we made things 10'000 years ago, we could make things 20'000 years ago. Evolution doesn't move that quick. We were essentially as capable 10'000 years ago as we were 20'000. If the date were pushed back 100'000 years, that'd be surprising. But anything over the past 50'000 years isn't really surprising.

Science is a frontier field. There is no 'end game'. Yeah, the story of our race is probably incomplete. Science keeps moving forwards. In 100 years we may have made discovered of even older civilizations that were lost to time. Reclaimed by nature, or lost to catastrophes or roaming glaciers. You're argument isn't even an argument. Humans have been around for ~200'000 years. We're bound to amend our history every once in a while. 20'000 years is not astounding.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

You're argument isn't even an argument.

I know, its the truth of a belief !

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join